Trim that beard!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Remember when i told you about the covert armed coppers that told me to move along and you me called a liar? Well i thought to take pictures of this event happening across my house at the moment ;) 

Just look at that blokes beard! Biggest one i've seen yet outside of Afghan. Any Veterans seen longer?  

IMG_4893.png

IMG_4896.JPG

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, comrade vinnie said:

Remember when i told you about the covert armed coppers that told me to move along and you me called a lair?

Den you posted this picture of your local burrow.

• Supporters

seems a bit silly really:

1. Its an easily identifiable marker, he nicks someone who takes exception to it, if said villain then decides he wants some payback, the coppers not gonna be the hardest person to spot.

2. If someone decides they don't want to get nicked & decides to slug it out, grabbing a handful of beard's gonna make that so much easier, control the head & everything else follows.

Edit: His haircuts a bit moody too lol

20 minutes ago, Tackle said:

seems a bit silly really:

1. Its an easily identifiable marker, he nicks someone who takes exception to it, if said villain then decides he wants some payback, the coppers not gonna be the hardest person to spot.

2. If someone decides they don't want to get nicked & decides to slug it out, grabbing a handful of beard's gonna make that so much easier, control the head & everything else follows.

Edit: His haircuts a bit moody too lol

Heavy metal viking loadout. Cant believe his CO lets him rock that length. 

• Supporters

I'd like to see him get a respirator on with it ?

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Tommikka said:

Do our police often wear respirators?

yes & no, a mates co19 in the met, before he qualified as an afo he was tsg skipper & baton gun qualified, & as well as baton rounds they also have tear/cs rounds in the armoury.

BUT

to the best of my knowledge baton guns have never been used, primarily because no senior officers want to take the responsibility for if it goes tits up, shits gonna have to get real bad before they do.

& if gas rounds are used, gunners are supposed to wear resi's in order to not be affected themselves.

hence yes & no.😁

There was an armed copper outside Horse guards the other day with a beard longer and much more unkempt than that one. Standards are slipping!!

15 hours ago, Tackle said:

yes & no, a mates co19 in the met, before he qualified as an afo he was tsg skipper & baton gun qualified, & as well as baton rounds they also have tear/cs rounds in the armoury.

BUT

to the best of my knowledge baton guns have never been used, primarily because no senior officers want to take the responsibility for if it goes tits up, shits gonna have to get real bad before they do.

& if gas rounds are used, gunners are supposed to wear resi's in order to not be affected themselves.

hence yes & no.😁

..... therefore relatively few wear respirators 

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

..... therefore relatively few wear respirators 

lol, but wouldn't it be funny if in order to "re-qualify" they were told "sorry, if you cant wear a respirator your out"

"but guv its taken me two years to grow this beauty"

😜

it could happen ?, I my old job banned beards for the same reason.

40 minutes ago, Tackle said:

lol, but wouldn't it be funny if in order to "re-qualify" they were told "sorry, if you cant wear a respirator your out"

"but guv its taken me two years to grow this beauty"

😜

it could happen ?, I my old job banned beards for the same reason.

Hipster beard gas mask....

2958EBF3-5D30-4B56-9D05-1B1FCAA54382.jpeg

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

Standards are slipping!!

Most definitely, while we shouldn't judge anybody how they look, you'd certainly expect higher standards for the police, it's not as if their in the sandpit on active service where you'd expect dress codes to be relaxed 😎 

• Supporters

no one said it stops him doing his job, what was said, in other words, is that such an excessive beard may prove restrictive during some aspects of the role of an afo, & possibly hinder in some situations.

4 hours ago, E21A said:

How the fuck does having a beard stop him doing his job?? 

4 hours ago, Tackle said:

no one said it stops him doing his job

If that’s the case then it’s nobodys bloody business what he looks like 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, E21A said:

If that’s the case then it’s nobodys bloody business what he looks like 

in case you hadn't noticed, its a public forum where, within reason, we can discuss whatever we fucking like, which can include stupid looking beards on operational personnel.

27 minutes ago, Tackle said:

in case you hadn't noticed, its a public forum where, within reason, we can discuss whatever we fucking like, which can include stupid looking beards on operational personnel.

People will lose their shit when they find out certain forces are now allowed neck tattoo's (although there are stipulations to said tattoo's)

38 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Can we also discuss arrogant tossers who think they have the right to criticise someone for their appearance? 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

People will lose their shit when they find out certain forces are now allowed neck tattoo's (although there are stipulations to said tattoo's)

wasn't that long ago that many forces were turning applicants away for having them on their forearms, things have certainly changed.

2 hours ago, E21A said:

Can we also discuss arrogant tossers who think they have the right to criticise someone for their appearance? 

lol, what's up, did I hit a nerve, have you got a silly looking beard 👲.

not that I was aware we were having an argument, but if you've had to resort to childish name calling (from behind your pc), then you've already lost the argument.

if your such a snowflake that this thread offends you, take it up with a mod, maybe they'll lock it for you.

Have a nice day 😉

10 minutes ago, Tackle said:

lol, what's up, did I hit a nerve, have you got a silly looking beard 👲.

not that I was aware we were having an argument, but if you've had to resort to childish name calling (from behind your pc), then you've already lost the argument.

if your such a snowflake that this thread offends you, take it up with a mod, maybe they'll lock it for you.

Have a nice day 😉

You most certainly have, many member of my family are emergency services and the abuse some of them have experienced due the way they choose to wear their hair/makeup/tattoos etc etc is fucking disgusting. Im willing to bet you wouldn’t give a flying fuck what any police officer/paramedic/firefighter looked like if you needed their help in an emergency 

15 hours ago, Tackle said:

Most definitely, while we shouldn't judge anybody how they look, you'd certainly expect higher standards for the police, it's not as if their in the sandpit on active service where you'd expect dress codes to be relaxed 😎 

Im in two minds, If I recall there were a lot of rules in the past regarding police officers, height requirements, no visible tats, hell even a fitness test.

I am not usually one to judge so this conversation has got me thinking, and the rather tense back and forward above has me carefully choosing my words.

Whilst I think there should be a certain standard to get in and to maintain, I saw a copper the other day getting out of a police car and he was quite a round, no, he was bloody huge and was out of breath getting out of the car. He was also very short and I wondered how the hell he became a copper.. I get we are now in a world where it actually doesnt matter about appearances, he could have been on a support role (not a front line copper where these things may not matter, I dont know if they do anymore?) and happened to have been out of the office or he could have had the mind of sherlock holmes I will never know. But I am fairly sure his ability to chase a suspect or stop something happening more than two steps from him would be pretty low!

I guess we all have an internal idea of what people/job roles should look like. We expect police to be tall, imposing and authoritarian, not looking like a hipster/hobo such as the firearms officer I saw. He literally looked like he was straight out of the woods!! or like the round bloke with the size xxxxl shirt rolling out of the plod car. And when we see the ones which dont fit our internal bias they stand out more.

That being said the one in the pic above I think looks like a normal copper. I dont have an issue with his beard or mohawk hair.

And as mentioned, its about their professionalism and ability to do the job not their look. 

14 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Im in two minds, If I recall there were a lot of rules in the past regarding police officers, height requirements, no visible tats, hell even a fitness test.

Whilst I think there should be a certain standard to get in and to maintain

I was looking to join up around the time I was in college, so I was researching all the fitness requirements etc. and was speaking to one of my family friends who's already in and said pretty much exactly this.

Said that I'd seen fairly rotund fellas on the beat and he basically just said yeah once you're in you don't necessarily have to maintain it... But obviously that'll affect their ability to perform some roles as you say.

51 minutes ago, BibbsOnTour said:

I was looking to join up around the time I was in college, so I was researching all the fitness requirements etc. and was speaking to one of my family friends who's already in and said pretty much exactly this.

Said that I'd seen fairly rotund fellas on the beat and he basically just said yeah once you're in you don't necessarily have to maintain it... But obviously that'll affect their ability to perform some roles as you say.

In this instance I would expect certain standards to be maintained in all honesty.

I wouldnt see it as discrimination either, if a part of your role is to chase criminals then you should be able to at least keep them in sight

• Supporters

lol, the only one abusing people here is you, & if you think my lighthearted comments count as abuse you need to get out more.

43 minutes ago, E21A said:

You most certainly have, many member of my family are emergency services and the abuse some of them have experienced due the way they choose to wear their hair/makeup/tattoos etc etc is fucking disgusting. Im willing to bet you wouldn’t give a flying fuck what any police officer/paramedic/firefighter looked like if you needed their help in an emergency 

not that its any of your business, but I too have many friends, & some family members who work within the emergency services, & personally I have the utmost respect for ALL members of said services, irrespective of how they look, their gender or any other life choices they make.

on a personal note, having previously served in the military, in 99/2000 I was halfway through the intake process for the police, which was ended followinga family tragedy & then a subsequent high speed rta that prevented me moving forward in the force, had things been different I'd probably still be serving now, but heyho, lifes shit sometimes.

as a civvy, I've been commended twice, each time for taking on one or more armed criminals, those events resulted in arrests & prison time, & on numerous occasions I've assisted all 3 of the emergency services during incidents, some if which had the potential to end my life, was I asked to do it ?, NO, nor was there financial gain for me, its just about doing what's right when the shit hits the fan.

if you still think I'm disrespecting those services, you can go fuck yourself, its a discussion about whether uniform standards are slipping & whether they have the potential to affect personnel in their role, so posting up a reply where you use a swear words in a manner to indicate anger & aggression towards me or any other member isn't likely to get a favorable response.

Archived