Aftermarket Nylon fibre reinforced slides

Pigeon_Haris
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if this is a thing, it would be great to have a realistic looking trademarked slide, but at the same time having the amazing cycle speed and efficiency

• I say this because there's only one blowback pistol I know of that has a nylon polymer slide.
  • It was a Marushin five seven co2, and honestly, it was quite possibly one of the best pistols I ever owned, the snap and speed was incredible

I might be thinking too deep, and you can stop me right here but...

• I was at an Airsoft fair recently and had a chance to fondle some new gen TM pistols (HK series etc) and I'm really interested in picking one up.
  • Only ever owning WE stuff, TM pistols really don't feel like the plastic fantastic I thought they would (if they ever did) the fit and finish is impeccable.
  • If I got one, I'd be planning on running them on green gas or propane

this question has probably been beaten to the deadest of horses but...Can anyone here confirm that propane or green gas usage doesn't explode the gun or slide on TM pistols after extensive use over the years in temperatures ~25c and below?

Can anyone vouch for this?

Would like to know your thoughts!

I use nuprol 0.4 in my hk45 and usp compact. Only in the cold. The usp/c doesn't need it so much though, its a much snappier gun even when it's cold due to the lighter slide. Rest of the time I run green. Only tm gbbp I would not advise using green in and only when its really hot is the fn57. 

4 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i'll let you know when using .4's and nuprol 4.0 in my hicapa ever blows it up.

So erm... that's sarcasm or not? 

I'm safe to be using green gas outside the hottest of temperatures?

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, Pigeon_Haris said:

So erm... that's sarcasm or not? 

I'm safe to be using green gas outside the hottest of temperatures?

Not sarcasm, i've used nuprol green through black all year round in my hicapa with questionable lineage, although bearing in mind i'm in ni so our definition of "warm" is when it's double digits, also sample size of one and all that.

Frankly when its cold enough even black gas struggles to keep it moving.

Archived