Can you get old goggles anti-fog re coated?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Going through my kit bag I found my old ess goggles. The anti fog coating on the inside has come off( my bad. I cleaned them with a cheapo anti fog wipe and it killed them.) New clear lenses are becoming a bit scarce (read expensive). But is there any where that re coats them? Can you re coat them? Tried looking on line and it just came up with a load of products like cat crap and rain ex etc. Or am I doomed to use them with the yellow lenses?

13 minutes ago, Nicky blue eyes said:

Going through my kit bag I found my old ess goggles. The anti fog coating on the inside has come off( my bad. I cleaned them with a cheapo anti fog wipe and it killed them.) New clear lenses are becoming a bit scarce (read expensive). But is there any where that re coats them? Can you re coat them? Tried looking on line and it just came up with a load of products like cat crap and rain ex etc. Or am I doomed to use them with the yellow lenses?

Could you not just use an anti-fog treatment on the lenses that its come off of rather than looking at the possibly expensive option?

• Supporters

Recoating isn't really an option I'm afraid. You could just buy replacement lenses that would come coated or as @clumpyedge suggested just use decent anti fog wipes/solution.

The clear lenses seem to be out of stock in a lot of places so the anti fog wipes it is. I was hopeing there was a simple solution like pop into spec savers and try battering my eyelids at the staff.

Actually I'd probably get banned from there if I did that. Also I'm a bit pissed off with my self that I buggered the coating by useing an alcohol based anti fog wipe. I suppose thats what you get for a quid though. 

19 minutes ago, Nicky blue eyes said:

pop into spec savers and try battering my eyelids at the staff

I think that's more likely to have them calling the authorities to help someone trying to publicly self harm - or are you intending to deep fry them afterwards??? 😂

10 hours ago, Nicky blue eyes said:

The clear lenses seem to be out of stock in a lot of places so the anti fog wipes it is. I was hopeing there was a simple solution like pop into spec savers and try battering my eyelids at the staff.

Actually I'd probably get banned from there if I did that. Also I'm a bit pissed off with my self that I buggered the coating by useing an alcohol based anti fog wipe. I suppose thats what you get for a quid though. 

I cant recommend visorclear by nik wax enough, you get fog to start with (maybe the first 5 mins or so) but once put on I personally dont have to reapply again all day (unless its really hot and im sweating like a beast) the other thing I use is the Revision wipes but I keep them in a pocket for out in the field.

6 minutes ago, Nicky blue eyes said:

Funny enough I got revision wipes so I don't ruin my other goggles. I shall have a look for visor clear. Cheers for the recommendation.

No worries bud, stinks but I wouldn't play without it now. Let me know how you get on as I'd like someone else's opinion on it!

• Moderators

also try Fogtech wipes....:)

i know what you mean, i accidentally wiped my V12 clear lens with some lens cleaner and it messed the coating up, all blotchy now....new set of goggles off ebay, use the clear in one set and the other goggles when cycling to work with yellow!

Archived