ICS L86A2 Handguard issue?

RabidNinja64
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all,

So i played a game saturday, and packed in my L86; second game i've played with it.

Evidently, abit of a rough and tumble scenario throughout the whole day, barrel of laughs, the usual routine. That was, until i saw that my handguard was found itself a good few centimetres forward, leaving a gap between that and the main body of the rifle itself. Upon further inspection, I've found that while it's attached quite firmly to the outer barrel, it seems as though the outer barrel loose, allowed both barrel and handguard to move, albeit with some force (it can also rotate, what the hell!?)

Any ICS/L86 Aficionados out there, i've also noted the plastic clasp that the handguard secures itself to is still in one piece and isn't snapped or cracked, but very curious if this somewhat "standard" for the handguard barrel to be pulled quite heftily, or something has snapped?

- Will upload pictures on request

Sounds suspect I'm afraid.

You'll need to open up the body which is quite easy.

If I remember correctly, the barrel should be held to the body by a couple of bridge clamps secured by screws.

I'll have to check when back home tonight

Sorry its a bit late but here are pics of the mountings for the barrel:

(I put some electrical tape in the locating notch at the front)

Would be worth putting some locktite on the internal screws.

IMG_20190606_211714925.jpg

IMG_20190606_211747642.jpg

Archived