Police Belt cheaper alternative ?

Musica
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Noticed some comment in an old thread where some guy claimed to get a police belt for 10 quid instead of paying the £70~ for a FRV tailor or £105~ for the raptor tactical odin mk3 belt. I thought yea likely story but did a bit of quick digging and found the below. You would need to get a inner velcro belt yourself but it does seem a damn site cheaper. Anyone know how you would attach kit to it without it being able to slide along the belt? It's 50mm which is just under 2 inches. 

https://www.copshopuk.com/3-point-locking-duty-belt 

• Supporters

To the question of stopping your kit sliding along the belt if I’m using molle pouches I use 2inch adapters I’ve made my self that look like this but difference is the ones I make have Velcro hook stitched on the inside to stop them moving about , or if I’m using something with a loop or tunnel to mount it then I simply use three pieces of Velcro hook stitched together so you have a horizontal piece with two vertical pieces at each end to lock the whatever in place . 

2B19FA96-605B-4054-B912-C144BCFDAF0A.jpeg

46 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

To the question of stopping your kit sliding along the belt if I’m using molle pouches I use 2inch adapters I’ve made my self that look like this but difference is the ones I make have Velcro hook stitched on the inside to stop them moving about , or if I’m using something with a loop or tunnel to mount it then I simply use three pieces of Velcro hook stitched together so you have a horizontal piece with two vertical pieces at each end to lock the whatever in place . 

2B19FA96-605B-4054-B912-C144BCFDAF0A.jpeg

Very smart the inner velcro will keep it in position and you'd lose that realesate with a molle strap anyway so no less retentive to your inner belt.  Thanks alot for that

What are loop or tunnel things not sure what you mean by that.

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Musica said:

What are loop or tunnel things not sure what you mean by that.

Some pouches/holsters/etc have either a length of its self folded down and stitched making a ‘tunnel’ across the back of it or there’s two or more pieces of webbing or lengths of material stitched to the back that you slide the belt through.

• Supporters

There are a lot of shops out there that you can get police bits from. I use quite a few for other aspects of life. 

Police-supplies.co.uk is very decent for price.

15 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Some pouches/holsters/etc have either a length of its self folded down and stitched making a ‘tunnel’ across the back of it or there’s two or more pieces of webbing or lengths of material stitched to the back that you slide the belt through.

yes of course I see now thanks for explaining. 

Archived