ASG/Hera Arms CQR upgrades? Help!

AgentofEvil
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, 

I'd like to upgrade the barrel and bucking in my new Here arms CQR. 

I've had it apart and measured the barrel and it's 215mm bridged. My preference would be a Maple leaf crazy jet with maybe Autobot 50/60° bucking but can only find unbridged GBB barrels - like this one 

https://www.skirmshop.co.uk/215mm-604-crazy-jet-gbb-inner-barrel.html

My questions are, 

1. Has anyone upgraded one of these before? What did you use? What were the results? 

2. Does it make a difference that it's unbridged or for GBB

Sorry for the noob questions. Any help appreciated 🙂

You need an AEG barrel.

Or get a Maple leaf hot shot bucking that allows you to use a crazy jet GBBR barrel in a AEG. Make sure if your getting any sort of Maple Leaf bucking you will need a Maple Leaf Omega Nub.

44 minutes ago, UKCYukarin said:

You need an AEG barrel.

Or get a Maple leaf hot shot bucking that allows you to use a crazy jet GBBR barrel in a AEG. Make sure if your getting any sort of Maple Leaf bucking you will need a Maple Leaf Omega Nub.

Ok cool, thanks for the suggestion.  There don't seem to be many 215mm barrels that aren't GBB so I guess your suggestion might be the way to go.

Unless anyone else has any ideas? Thanks! 

2 hours ago, UKCYukarin said:

Well you don't need to get 215mm exactly, you can go longer and cover it with a silencer.

Yah I did think about that but I like the length as it is (oo-er mrs) a GBB barrel and hybrid bucking is fine as long as it performs like an AEG barrel setup. What are your thoughts? 

12 hours ago, AgentofEvil said:

Yah I did think about that but I like the length as it is (oo-er mrs) a GBB barrel and hybrid bucking is fine as long as it performs like an AEG barrel setup. What are your thoughts? 

Maple leaf hotshot + Omega nub + Crazy jet is a good combo. Especially for heavy weight BBs. But if you sticking to the generic 0.25g to 0.28g BBs then the setup is overkill.

A simpler setup would be a Prometheus Purple bucking, and a ZCI inner barrel from ak2m4 (there isn't the exact length your looking for but going slightly under or over the length won't hurt).

6 hours ago, UKCYukarin said:

Maple leaf hotshot + Omega nub + Crazy jet is a good combo. Especially for heavy weight BBs. But if you sticking to the generic 0.25g to 0.28g BBs then the setup is overkill.

A simpler setup would be a Prometheus Purple bucking, and a ZCI inner barrel from ak2m4 (there isn't the exact length your looking for but going slightly under or over the length won't hurt).

Heavy weight BB's is what I'm going for. I've a used crazy jet in my striker and got good results. Thanks! 

Archived