ANY info on the Q&G/Umarex/S&T ARX160 Shorty Pistol?

Asomodai
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all.

I own a full length Umarex ARX160. Love it to bits despite some of the shortcomings. It's about to be upgraded with a bunch of FPS ERGAL Italian parts.

I have come across the Pistol Variant a few times. I am quite curious if anyone else has used it? I cannot find any videos of it in use online, nor any info on it beyond the product pages. Hoping to use this as a small rifle dual wielding with my sniper rifle setup.

Specifically:

Where does the battery go? Front handguard I presume. How big of a lipo would I be able to put into it?

Does it have a strap hook on the rear where the stock would usually go?

Does it have the standard ARX160 internals despite its length? Specifically the air nozzle and other air seal stuff.

umarex-beretta-arx160-pistol-p7358-11950_image.jpg

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Hello all.

I own a full length Umarex ARX160. Love it to bits despite some of the shortcomings. It's about to be upgraded with a bunch of FPS ERGAL Italian parts.

I have stumbled across the Pistol Variant. I am quite curious if anyone else has used it? I cannot find any videos of it in use online, nor any info on it beyond the product pages. Hoping to use this as a small rifle dual wielding with my sniper rifle setup.

Specifically:

Where does the battery go? Front handguard I presume. How big of a lipo would I be able to put into it?

Does it have a strap hook on the rear where the stock would usually go?

Does it have the standard ARX160 internals despite its length? Specifically the air nozzle and other air seal stuff.

umarex-beretta-arx160-pistol-p7358-11950_image.jpg

Oooh ! That’s rather funky ! 😮

9 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Oooh ! That’s rather funky ! 😮

Certainly is! 

Found this 

Looks like its a PEQ box kind of affair, takes advantage of the high iron sights. I imagine like the rifle version you can take the barrel out using the quick release feature and possibly stick a very small battery in. However the barrel release mechanism is finicky and really easy to break the proprietary hop unit. So the PEQ box is probably a must. 

Not sure if this would go well dual wielding with a sniper rifle with a PEQ box on top. It appears there is a strap point on the back as well. 

This would be the Elite version with blowback, I am looking at the cheaper sportsline version myself. 

Archived