Jump to content
Halude

Overwhelmed about upgrade parts

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.

Recommended Posts

Hi All.

 

I'm looking to upgrade my Nuprol Delta M4 as out of the box its pretty pants, and very inconsistent with accuracy, i want to get this gun upgraded with full hop up / nub / barrel etc and also upgrade the motor,

 

There are so many brands out there, and i have not the foggiest whats good and what to stay away from,

 

can anyone recommend quality parts please.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heavy ammo, pdi w hop rubber, spring to suit your limit, air seals

 

In ascending order of difficulty to do.

 

I'd say 50% of rocketdogbert's post, a more upmarket gun is going to have most of what you want off the bat. However i'd also say keep the defender and tinker with it, try parts out, try improving it, and it'll be a wonderful teacher. Although dont break it open to upgrade until you have a reliable backup for when the upgrade doesnt work (a lesson it took me far too long to learn :P )

 

We can suggest parts we've tried and worked for us, but not all parts work well in all cases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apart from a select few items, Nuprol have quite a poor reputation.  There are a few people around with their guns who love them but they are definitely in the majority.

 

The usual advice is pretty much what @rocketdogbert said - buy something else.

 

If you want to play around with your current gun then go for it, visit @ak2m4's website for low cost and well tested upgrade parts and have fun.  Bear in mind that upgrading can be annoyingly hit and miss, some parts will work together and others won't and probably no-one will be able to say which until you put them in and try them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Adolf Hamster @Philby21

 

Thanks for the advice its been helpful,

 

I appreciate the easy answer is to buy a new gun only if you can afford it, being a new player, knowing what gun to get is like knowing what car to buy,

 

I'm looking for cost effective upgrades that in the short term could be quick wins until i'm in a position to buy a new gun,  should i just go with Madbull hop up /  nub / bucking as a start

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Halude said:

@Adolf Hamster @Philby21

 

Thanks for the advice its been helpful,

 

I appreciate the easy answer is to buy a new gun only if you can afford it, being a new player, knowing what gun to get is like knowing what car to buy,

 

I'm looking for cost effective upgrades that in the short term could be quick wins until i'm in a position to buy a new gun,  should i just go with Madbull hop up /  nub / bucking as a start

 

See I would disagree. Buying a cheap gun and upgrading it with quality parts of the same value, generally comes out with a better performing gun if done right. 

 

First of all, a new barrel, hop unit and hop rubber will do wonders for accuracy and range. This being the most important thing and its easy to do in comparison to any other upgrade and does not require a full disassembly to do. 

 

Second of all, why replace the motor? If you want better ROF you would be better off replacing the gearset as well. Get a suitable 9.9V LiFE battery will increase ROF without destroying the gearbox or trigger contacts.

 

However I do agree getting a nice cheap backup just in case it does go wrong and you need more time to fix it. 

 

A cheap but effective barrel replacement would be the ZCI 6.03. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Asomodai thanks for the barrel recommendation,  what hop up and rubber would you recommend, 

 

Airsoft is a steep learning curve in relation to parts and that comes with experience, of which i do not have at the moment, this is my first gun,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speak to @ak2m4, buy the parts he suggests. Fit them properly and you’ll be happy. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is probably one of your best options for hop rubber and won't break the bank, the only problem being that the hop unit it's going into might not be great, similar to what @Asomodai's comment didn't quite say.

 

ZCI barrels are another, very reasonably priced, upgrade that should get you some improvement in accuracy - I have one in my G36.

 

If you go for a new hop unit as well then you're probably heading up towards £40-£50 ish (all from AK2M4), and you haven't opened your gearbox up and fired springs and other bits all over the room!

 

I upgraded my G36 because one of the gears broke, £200 later it has excellent range and accuracy on a par with with my TM Sopmod but it took a long time to get to that point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks all for the help and advise its food for thought, £50 is what i had in my mind for the budget to upgrade,

 

I have msged ak2m4 for advice, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Halude said:

@Adolf Hamster @Philby21

 

Thanks for the advice its been helpful,

 

I appreciate the easy answer is to buy a new gun only if you can afford it, being a new player, knowing what gun to get is like knowing what car to buy,

 

I'm looking for cost effective upgrades that in the short term could be quick wins until i'm in a position to buy a new gun,  should i just go with Madbull hop up /  nub / bucking as a start

 

Yeah i know the feeling.

 

I wouldnt bother with madbull hop parts, if you must change from stock then pro-win rotary is a much better option. Frankly in many cases the stock unit will do.

 

As others have suggested zci barrels are pretty decent, although i wouldnt rush to change the barrel.

 

Bucking wise i like the pdi w hop and standard nub combo, really good performance as a drop-in but you could go g&g green with flat/omega nub. Just be careful with maple leaf hop rubbers, theyre damn good for sure but they have longer feed lips which can screw up feeding if your not careful (but they can be sanded down).

 

Whilst you can check and fix air seals on the cheap it's not the easiest to do especially if you're cracking a box open for a first time (and learning how many places a spring can spring into), but it is a fundamental thing to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hop units can be a hit or miss upgrade sadly.  You must be prepared to accept the fact that any change in a hop unit could result in other problems occurring.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/06/2019 at 20:13, Halude said:

Hi All.

 

I'm looking to upgrade my Nuprol Delta M4 as out of the box its pretty pants, and very inconsistent with accuracy, i want to get this gun upgraded with full hop up / nub / barrel etc and also upgrade the motor,

 

There are so many brands out there, and i have not the foggiest whats good and what to stay away from,

 

can anyone recommend quality parts please.

 

 

 

 

If you wanna improve accuracy S-hop and flat hop the bucking if you dunno how to do that there’s a few YouTube tutorials on it check out multiple videos so you get a good idea on how to do it. You’ll get more range, better groupings and more consistency. 

 

For fps upgrades you wanna go for a new spring M100, M110, M120 are most common. You can also get a new piston and cylinder head with double O rings that will improve thw seal which will improve compression, which will improve FPS

 

 Lonex apparently makes good motors and ASG

 

if you want better rate of fire (ROF) then 13:1 gears will improve that and will improve trigger response. You can either have a high speed motor for better ROF or a high torque motor for better trigger response. (Note if your gonna have a high torque motor you’ll need a M110 spring or higher or you’ll need a mosfet paired with a weaker spring to prevent overspin as high torque motors can overspin weak springs. Also with high speed motors you wanna avoid strong springs as they don’t have enough torque to pull them.) 

 

the hop up unit I recommend is a prowin with a flat hopped bucking 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just to check the obvious before you change anything have cleaned your barrel? its amazing the improvement that can be had from a clean barrel 0.28g BBs and 20 mins at the range adjusting the hop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

 

How many Prowins have you fitted and what have you compared them to?

 

 

I do my research obviously that doesn’t mean my research is 100% correct. But apparently pro wins are good for the price. Also whether a hop up unit is good or not it partly subjective and partly objective. Obviously you’re gonna get objectively shit hop ups and objectively good ones. However,  people can also subjectively say they don’t like obejectively good hop ups 😂 

 

shs gears are good, so is lonex both very good brands objectively speaking. What one is better ? That’s subjective. 

 

So ive fitted no prowins but I’m gonna get myself one cos I heard it’s good for the price. I took a look and it’s got a good solid construction and good reviews. Also from my knowledge all a hop up unit does is push down the nub on a bucking with its arm. So as long as the hop up is made of good quality materials commons sense tells me it doesn’t really matter what hop up you get. Consider all it does is push down the nub on the bucking. 

 

But please do correct me if I’m wrong I’m not stubborn 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly the whole hop chamber situation is a complicated.  Prowin / Rotary designs don't work in every brand, add in after-market inner barrels and buckings and get's more complicated.  Best you can do is research your own make and model, buy and try.  I'll always recommend never to change the hop chamber unless there is something wrong with it.  I would never  100% recommend a hop chamber unless I had fitted the same one to exactly the same AEG, that includes the inner barrel,  bucking, nub etc.  Even then manufacturers can change the specs from batch to batch. Minefield....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

Sadly the whole hop chamber situation is a complicated.  Prowin / Rotary designs don't work in every brand, add in after-market inner barrels and buckings and get's more complicated.  Best you can do is research your own make and model, buy and try.  I'll always recommend never to change the hop chamber unless there is something wrong with it.  I would never  100% recommend a hop chamber unless I had fitted the same one to exactly the same AEG, that includes the inner barrel,  bucking, nub etc.  Even then manufacturers can change the specs from batch to batch. Minefield....

 

 

Thank you you I am much wiser now ☺️😂

 

On 02/06/2019 at 20:13, Halude said:

Hi All.

 

I'm looking to upgrade my Nuprol Delta M4 as out of the box its pretty pants, and very inconsistent with accuracy, i want to get this gun upgraded with full hop up / nub / barrel etc and also upgrade the motor,

 

There are so many brands out there, and i have not the foggiest whats good and what to stay away from,

 

can anyone recommend quality parts please.

 

 

 

 

Ignore the hop up I recommend. I had overlooked a very obvious variable. My apologies 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, IntelligentCelestialBeing said:

 

 

I do my research obviously that doesn’t mean my research is 100% correct. But apparently pro wins are good for the price. Also whether a hop up unit is good or not it partly subjective and partly objective. Obviously you’re gonna get objectively shit hop ups and objectively good ones. However,  people can also subjectively say they don’t like obejectively good hop ups 😂 

 

shs gears are good, so is lonex both very good brands objectively speaking. What one is better ? That’s subjective. 

 

So ive fitted no prowins but I’m gonna get myself one cos I heard it’s good for the price. I took a look and it’s got a good solid construction and good reviews. Also from my knowledge all a hop up unit does is push down the nub on a bucking with its arm. So as long as the hop up is made of good quality materials commons sense tells me it doesn’t really matter what hop up you get. Consider all it does is push down the nub on the bucking. 

 

But please do correct me if I’m wrong I’m not stubborn 😜

 

Prepared to be corrected.

 

A hop unit does way more than that it is a major part of your airseal and barrel to gearbox alignment. Most stock hops will outperform aftermarket ones as the manufacturer tolerances everything to work together and no two manufacturers are exactly the same. 

 

If you have got a really shite gun and the hop unit does need changing then prowin is not really a great option. They used to be ok but for a while now have hovered between meh and just crap. Maxx is a better option or just one of the cheap rotary prowin clones as they are generally ok.

 

Never recommend s-hop as it is awful, the results can be ok but they are very short lived. Most people especially new players are better using standard rubber nub combos.

 

The worst thing on airsoft internet sites is people who do not know advising others who do not know, please don't do it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

 

Prepared to be corrected.

 

A hop unit does way more than that it is a major part of your airseal and barrel to gearbox alignment. Most stock hops will outperform aftermarket ones as the manufacturer tolerances everything to work together and no two manufacturers are exactly the same. 

 

If you have got a really shite gun and the hop unit does need changing then prowin is not really a great option. They used to be ok but for a while now have hovered between meh and just crap. Maxx is a better option or just one of the cheap rotary prowin clones as they are generally ok.

 

Never recommend s-hop as it is awful, the results can be ok but they are very short lived. Most people especially new players are better using standard rubber nub combos.

 

The worst thing on airsoft internet sites is people who do not know advising others who do not know, please don't do it again.

 

 

I stand corrected although I do have to disagree with you about the s hop thing. Other than that good explaination and I shall rethink the prowin hop up and look out for a more suitable one 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, IntelligentCelestialBeing said:

 

 

I stand corrected although I do have to disagree with you about the s hop thing. Other than that good explaination and I shall rethink the prowin hop up and look out for a more suitable one 

How can you disagree about s-hop when you have no experience of it?

 

I have done a few and it is crap which is why I will no longer do it for anyone.

 

Seriously bud find out first hand and lots of actual experience before you offer tech advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

How can you disagree about s-hop when you have no experience of it?

 

I have done a few and it is crap which is why I will no longer do it for anyone.

 

Seriously bud find out first hand and lots of actual experience before you offer tech advice.

 

 

First of all that’s your opinion just because you tried it and it didn’t work out don’t mean s hop is shit. 😂

 

there’s many variables as to why maybe it didn’t work out for you specifically. Also how do you know I haven’t tried it ? I said I haven’t fitted a prowin. 

 

S hop as been tested many many times. 

 

Your using anecdotal evidence. Not very strong evidence is it ? So now your on here talking as if

you know it all possibly spreading shit... note i said possibly . I’m not

sayimg you’re wrong. I’m saying your choice of evidence to support your claim is weak 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I looked into that s hop idea briefly, watched a vid on YouTube of it being tested. Went from 4/10 shots on target to 6/10 on target. Hardly mind blowing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, E21A said:

I looked into that s hop idea briefly, watched a vid on YouTube of it being tested. Went from 4/10 shots on target to 6/10 on target. Hardly mind blowing. 

 

 

But it’s increase accuracy none the less. Tune the weapon system up better. Buy a good barrel perfect hop up system maybe he’ll get better.

 

improved accuracy is improved accuracy. Also from 4/10 to 6/10 not taking into account how

good of a shooter the guy himself is. Firing a weapon real

or not isn’t as simple as aiming and pulling the trigger. 

 

You said it’s shit I didn’t say it’s good I said it improved accuracy which you just admitted it does.

 

However, im not saying youer wrong i am wise enough to Admit

the possibliy of me Being wrong, But are you? 

 

That is after how we get smarter 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...