First day skirmishing, still buzzing!

Stevo4345
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Will most likely write up something a bit more thoughtful later when I'm not so shagged? My poor legs, my poor neck ridden with welts from the fort assault, but what a bloody fantastic day at Humber Airsoft.

From the marshals keeping a beady eye on us, but not getting in our faces, from the guys we parked next to letting my son have a go of his .50 Desert Eagle GBB hand cannon, from the guys calling hits nearly all of the time, from the joy of pulling off a nice flank after bounding cover movement with 2 experienced guys, from the dread of watching a grenade sail through the window....

It was a great day, lots of good people and a couple of guys who didn't make it to the 3rd scenario before being booted off site.

We both had a great time, my son and I both.

E5B81791-6B7E-4FEA-B4D1-CE024313CD35.jpeg

DA1E2220-9580-495A-8805-A081A89364DE.jpeg

379099F2-35C0-4C39-BC10-432DD5C6C410.jpeg

Glad you both enjoyed it, I like Humber but all those steps are a killer !! The fort is awesome. I recommend trying Proving Grounds at some point (more of a woodland site) What did the guys get kicked out for? 

The marshals had specified semi only within 20m of the village, one of the guys was just clearing rooms through windows and blind firing on full auto. When the marshals hit him up for it he turned round and shot the marshal! 😳

If that don't get you booted I don't know what will.

17 minutes ago, Lokai said:

Glad you both enjoyed it, I like Humber but all those steps are a killer !! The fort is awesome. I recommend trying Proving Grounds at some point (more of a woodland site) What did the guys get kicked out for? 

Yeah, a lot of elevation changes and steep banks, mind you, kept the sight lines a bit shorter so my rental could actually hit back!!

There were some very nice RIFS there, a beautiful wood and full steel SLR that the proud owner let me hold, lovely bit of kit.

Looks like a cool site.

Glad you both enjoyed it.

As with most things, there will be good and bad days.  If you don't let any bad stuff get to you then days will seem better.

9 minutes ago, E21A said:

And so the journey into airsoft induced poverty begins.... 

Ha, tell me about it! We're nearly there with the basics, need some better eyepro for us both urgently, otherwise we'll slum it until the membership is confirmed and UKARA gained and take it from there. 

Gives me a few months to sell a kidney.....

13 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Looks like a cool site.

Glad you both enjoyed it.

As with most things, there will be good and bad days.  If you don't let any bad stuff get to you then days will seem better.

It was, the flatter Northern wooded end was easier going, around the fort were steep 20 to 30 ft grades which were a pain. 

There's been quite a few posts on Airsoft folk being a friendly bunch and we certainly found that to be the case. It was a bit fearsome driving in and everyone else was camo'd up and laying out all manner of weaponry, but we quickly got brought into the fold. When the smoke and pyros started going off both my son and my eyes bugged out of our heads! Bit of an adrenaline rush to say the least!

Good to hear that you both had a great time and I did warn you you'd ache afterwards! 😂

Next thing you'll be writing a shopping list that you'll spend an absolute fortune on - and then update and add more stuff to!

3 minutes ago, Philby21 said:

Next thing you'll be writing a shopping list that you'll spend an absolute fortune on - and then update and add more stuff to!

Weeeeelllll......about that....

I picked up a couple of pairs of tactical gloves, Vipers I believe, kept the sting out of finger hits and coped admirably grabbing onto thorn brush branches while slipping down steep slopes. Also picked up some knee pads, those rocky gravel shards are too much for my old knees.

Couple of more upgrades needed, proper eyepro, then it'll plateau out until the UKARA comes through.

God help you when you get your UKARA!! 😈

• Supporters
On 02/06/2019 at 21:11, Stevo4345 said:

Gives me a few months to sell a kidney

Sell, the lad's, he'll bounce back faster.

On 02/06/2019 at 21:11, Stevo4345 said:

Ha, tell me about it! We're nearly there with the basics, need some better eyepro for us both urgently, otherwise we'll slum it until the membership is confirmed and UKARA gained and take it from there. 

Gives me a few months to sell a kidney.....

It was, the flatter Northern wooded end was easier going, around the fort were steep 20 to 30 ft grades which were a pain. 

There's been quite a few posts on Airsoft folk being a friendly bunch and we certainly found that to be the case. It was a bit fearsome driving in and everyone else was camo'd up and laying out all manner of weaponry, but we quickly got brought into the fold. When the smoke and pyros started going off both my son and my eyes bugged out of our heads! Bit of an adrenaline rush to say the least!

Thanks for the snippets of info mate, looking at getting to this at some point this year so good to hear a little about it even from a personal perspective 👍

@clumpyedge Just do it, the important things I found out that you would do well to invest in early were eye protection, knee pads and gloves.

You can turn up in any old clothes to start with, sure you'll stand out more but you'll be making so many tactical mistakes camo wouldn't help anyway! 

You can hire rental guns from the site, not the best but better than blowing a wedge on something inappropriate. I got a relatively cheap starter AEG as I know my lad will have it if I move on.

Gloves were essential, buy decent right off the bat. I got some Viper tactical from the site shop and they handled grabbing onto thorn bushes while slipping down banks with no problems at all.

Knee pads, it's Murphys Law that the best cover is too short to stand behind and right on the sharpest gravel in the world. You will be kneeling, a lot, get some decent knee pads (trick is to cross the straps behind your knee, top to bottom, bottom to top, stops them moving about).

Eye protection, don't skimp on it, you need to see to shoot, the mesh goggles I rented were pants. Swapped them for some safety goggles and they immediately fogged, invest in good quality eye pro, you won't regret it.

3 minutes ago, Stevo4345 said:

@clumpyedge Just do it, the important things I found out that you would do well to invest in early were eye protection, knee pads and gloves.

You can turn up in any old clothes to start with, sure you'll stand out more but you'll be making so many tactical mistakes camo wouldn't help anyway! 

You can hire rental guns from the site, not the best but better than blowing a wedge on something inappropriate. I got a relatively cheap starter AEG as I know my lad will have it if I move on.

Gloves were essential, buy decent right off the bat. I got some Viper tactical from the site shop and they handled grabbing onto thorn bushes while slipping down banks with no problems at all.

Knee pads, it's Murphys Law that the best cover is too short to stand behind and right on the sharpest gravel in the world. You will be kneeling, a lot, get some decent knee pads (trick is to cross the straps behind your knee, top to bottom, bottom to top, stops them moving about).

Eye protection, don't skimp on it, you need to see to shoot, the mesh goggles I rented were pants. Swapped them for some safety goggles and they immediately fogged, invest in good quality eye pro, you won't regret it.

Been playing for around 7 years bud so wont need to spend to much (own all my own gear etc), more the travel and maybe an over night stay as its a 3 hour odd drive up there from where I live 👍

Sorry fella, thought you were like me, Just starting out. Pass me the idiot hat, I'm off to stand in the corner!

8 minutes ago, Stevo4345 said:

Sorry fella, thought you were like me, Just starting out. Pass me the idiot hat, I'm off to stand in the corner!

No drama bud, was about to ask if anyone had played there recently and along came your post so was good to get a perspective from a new player.

Archived