Prescription inserts for goggles and glasses

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The glasses behind goggles doesn't work for me. Are prescription insets better at reducing fogging or about the same? I imagine they are better inside glasses than enclosed goggles.

If you buy the inserts how many opticians will fit lenses to them. 

Opticians seem to be all about selling frames theses days. I have taken back perfectly good frames after two years for a lense change and they always say they don't do that model any more and more or less force you into buying new frames. I suppose frames with lenses don't work out much more expensive than just lenses these days, but it makes me think my optician would not be interested in providing lenses for inserts which I can buy for £10-15.

This will be my last try before I go for contacts.

Waste of time and money?

I use ESS ICE, bought the glasses (with 3 different coloured lenses) and the insert for prescription lenses for about £45-£50, Specsavers put lenses in the insert for me for £39.

It seems like they may be a bit more flexible when it comes to inserts for "safety" glasses - bearing in mind that it's something they don't actually sell.

Not the cheapest option, not sure there is one when it comes to anything prescription for this, but absolutely transformed my enjoyment of the game.

Thanks for that. Do the ESS ICE have a fan. My Bolle ones don't.

These are the Bolle inserts:

https://www.thesafetysupplycompany.co.uk/p/4573697/bolle-prescription-insert-only---fits-into-most-makes-of-safety-goggle---bo-sosblast.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI39KErtDL4gIVGaaaCh21qQXBEAQYASABEgIh5vD_BwE

Do you manage to get away without them fogging?

I'll bear Specsavers in mind.

They don't have fans but I've used them in games at below 5 degrees and they haven't fogged up until I've stopped running around.  If I ever to get any issues then I'll invest in some wipes.

I considered the Bolle myself but after a lot of reading about other people having issues with them fogging decided to go down the ESS route instead.  The only comment I'd make about them is that changing the lenses isn't the easiest thing in the world and the arms have to be detached and they're a really tight fit - I don't personally see this as a problem though as they're not going to suddenly fall apart either.

I have prescription inserts and use visor-clear from nikwax as a cleaner/antifog and have no issues on all of my glasses (have 3 sets) after using fans personally only see them as a gimmick and I sweat like anything!

I'm tempted to go for 30 day contacts soon though just because my prescription changes fairly often so need to stop spending out on the lenses

• Supporters
1 hour ago, clumpyedge said:

I'm tempted to go for 30 day contacts soon though just because my prescription changes fairly often so need to stop spending out on the lenses

Get one day disposables. Saves on the cleaning chemicals and if you only ever wear them for airsoft then you can make a 30 day supply last aaaaaages!

I got some from specsavers recently as i am very short sighted in my right eye,  and i'm sick of trying to shoot with the wrong eye.

It took me a long time to get them to understand what they were for, just a tip take your goggles in with you and show them, Some of the staff probably won't know they offer the re-glaze service for these as i imagine they won't get many requests for them.

P.s don't try and explain what Airsoft is just say they're for safety goggles lol , the you girl who was dealing with me just stared blankly.

Pic of the ones that came with my Tango goggles if any one stumbles upon this thread in the future

IMG_18912.JPG

I have ESS v12's and bought the inserts off ebay, sent them off to specs-by-post to be regalzed, 2 days later they came back all done for £10! + postage.. bargain.

I used them a couple of weeks ago but it was really warm that day, they didn't fog up any more than normal, later on in the day I did have to swap to mesh as it got really warm, looking forward to trying them on a cooler day.

I hadn't got any sort of anti-fog that day, so its possible they could have been better - time will tell...

18 hours ago, JOKER- Fleetster said:

I have ESS v12's and bought the inserts off ebay, sent them off to specs-by-post to be regalzed, 2 days later they came back all done for £10! + postage.. bargain.

I used them a couple of weeks ago but it was really warm that day, they didn't fog up any more than normal, later on in the day I did have to swap to mesh as it got really warm, looking forward to trying them on a cooler day.

I hadn't got any sort of anti-fog that day, so its possible they could have been better - time will tell...

Give the Visor-clear a shot from nikwax (little goes a long way) works wonders for me, others use Revision wipes, Nuprol spray, Bolle spray, washing up liquid etc etc. Theres a million and one things people use and have good results but its what works best for you. Over the 7+ years I've been playing the ones that have worked best I personally found were the Nikwax and Revision wipes

Archived