Arthurian Airsoft Excalibur

kasaran
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I searched and only came up with jokey posts about fighting off home invaders with foam swords...

So, having just returned from the Midlands Airsoft Fair, from which a bought some used kneepad inserts for the princely sum of £5 (another vendor was asking for £20 for a similar pair, possibly needs to be added to the 'Macks' list) i noticed that a number of vendors were selling guns by this maker.  By a google, they seem to be a UK brand thats less than a year old.  anyone know anything more about them?  are they just rebranded from other manufacturers?  though long term reliability at this point is not really a possibility.

They do some vietnam era M16's that looked very tempting.

• Supporters

Considering what it says on there web site I’ll bet a penny to a pound of shit it’s just either a Jing Gong/Cyma/A&K/etc gun that’s just been ‘tweeked’ to there own spec , just like Taiwan Gun and Gunfire do with there ‘own’ signature guns .

CEE15301-6A9E-4EA2-821E-28176295968E.jpeg

• Mostly Retired Moderators

They seem to be mostly rebrands of E&C/Specna rifles with some modifications/variation.

They even use the same E&C style quick change spring system.

Specna's being "Enter & Convert" 

Arthurians being "Exchange & Chrono".

That being said, they do have some nice looking variations.

Their Veteran rifle is a lovely A1 M16 with the fixed carry handle in metal.. love that.

What happened to Made in Britain!

14 minutes ago, Seth_K said:

What happened to Made in Britain!

This happened

7 hours ago, EDcase said:

We can't compete with slave labour 🙄

9 hours ago, jcheeseright said:

British_Leyland_Logo.png

Crying shame. But as the ruling class love to say: "Learn to code".

I'll laugh so much when the Airsoft industry in HK and Taiwan eventually collapses, it's been holding us back for 20+ years.

10 hours ago, kasaran said:

This happened

9 hours ago, L3wisD said:

They'd be £400 if they were. 

And not as good 😂

Quality is determined by the culture of the company and country, I have a feeling the UK has a second wind coming.

What's the cost of these parts?

I've been meaning to list them, mmmm, tomorrow. I'll make a nice spreadsheet, I do love that.

I saw someone write on a facebook post a while a go called "who works in the airsoft industry" that they are one of the few to make RIFs in Europe.

I'll like to know where he is based.

Hi guys, 

Has anyone had and any experience with the arthurian excalibur range? My local shop has recommended them and they look really nice to be honest. I was set on G&G m4 but heard lots of horror stories with the mosfet system etc. Any opinions would be great. Cheers 

• Supporters
59 minutes ago, Luigi_s said:

Just seen these at my local shop, they look and feel really nice to be honest. Has anyone got any opinions on these at the £300 price point. I’m struggling to find a reliable all metal alternative. 

I’d say don’t bother , save your self a fair bit of dosh and just get a Specna (by the sound of it there the OM of them) from one of the European retailers . I know we all would like to support UK manufacturers/retailers if we can but for the price of a gun in the UK you can get a better spec one plus the mags , batteries AND a scope of some sort from someone like Gunfire . 

3 hours ago, Luigi_s said:

Just seen these at my local shop, they look and feel really nice to be honest. Has anyone got any opinions on these at the £300 price point. I’m struggling to find a reliable all metal alternative. 

for me im interested in getting a 'nam era m16...  so they suddenly are in the price bracket of a G&P which has more of a reputation behind them

20 hours ago, Luigi_s said:

I was set on G&G m4 but heard lots of horror stories with the mosfet system etc. Any opinions would be great. Cheers 

The first gen mosfet was an issue, it’s resolved now. As long as you use 11.1v lipo batteries you’ll be fine with a G&G 

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 20:53, Druid799 said:

I’d say don’t bother , save your self a fair bit of dosh and just get a Specna (by the sound of it there the OM of them) from one of the European retailers . I know we all would like to support UK manufacturers/retailers if we can but for the price of a gun in the UK you can get a better spec one plus the mags , batteries AND a scope of some sort from someone like Gunfire . 

Save even more and buy E&C directly as they OEM for Specna and Arthurian 

E&C are generally pretty decent but they offer a wide range of specs you can choose from when getting them to OEM. The basic gearbox and externals are generally the same but options such as markings , mosfets and furniture add to the basic price.

Buying an E&C means you are getting the same rifle but not paying for the Specna or Arthurian markings to be added 

• Supporters
1 minute ago, 1st commando said:

E&C are generally pretty decent but they offer a wide range of specs you can choose from when getting them to OEM. The basic gearbox and externals are generally the same but options such as markings , mosfets and furniture add to the basic price.

Buying an E&C means you are getting the same rifle but not paying for the Specna or Arthurian markings to be added 

Didn’t know that ! Cheers bud , I shall have a look ! 👍

• Supporters
22 minutes ago, 1st commando said:

Fooking hell ! Just had a quick look and as an example you can pick up a HK416-s for £34 cheaper ! Couldn’t see any difference in the spec either ! 😱

45 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Fooking hell ! Just had a quick look and as an example you can pick up a HK416-s for £34 cheaper ! Couldn’t see any difference in the spec either ! 😱

😉

Crazy isn't it 

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Jelliffe99 said:

As above. Can’t seem to find the E&Cs to the same spec as the Specna Edge range anywhere. Any help would be appreciated. 

That's because you won't.

E&C are the OEM, Specna Arms are the licence holder for the end product and have exclusive rights to certain builds. In the case of the Edge series that specifically relates to the Rock River Arms licence and potentially to the specific design of the Orion gearbox. As the product is licence through a specific brand E&C will be contractually obliged to NOT sell it direct under their own brand. They CAN sell you something similar as @Druid799 says above but you won't get the same thing.

2 hours ago, Lozart said:

That's because you won't.

E&C are the OEM, Specna Arms are the licence holder for the end product and have exclusive rights to certain builds. In the case of the Edge series that specifically relates to the Rock River Arms licence and potentially to the specific design of the Orion gearbox. As the product is licence through a specific brand E&C will be contractually obliged to NOT sell it direct under their own brand. They CAN sell you something similar as @Druid799 says above but you won't get the same thing.

Very interesting. Thanks very much for that

Archived