A small part of me died

Druid799
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

8 hours ago, Heath said:

I just like that this thread transitioned from "Damn kids with their new fangled games" to "damn kids running too fast". 

Most woodland games I've played always have a line of what I call runners at the start, I just watch 'em go. They're the canaries to where the front line is. I find it helpful to see as I strole in. I don't mind a fast target as long as the target calls hit.

Love seeing a sprinting nut trying to flank and being hit by a single BB from a springer. Then they do the long walk back... it's the little things... gotta appreciate that.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters
1 hour ago, Heath said:

"Never been about age . 👍"

Age was at least a little bit of a factor In it, no?

Are you really this fucking clueless ? How many times does it need to be said age has nothing to do with it ? it’s not exactly rocket science that this full on fast paced style of play attracts younger players is it !

But equally you see plenty of young players at most ‘normal’ skirmish days who quite frankly have difficulty walking from one end of the site to the other in one go without getting breathless there that unfit , plus there’s just as many older players who are very fit by any standards . 

So if you do get a team of very fit very win at all costs orientated players on site then yea there going to cause everyone else there to have a crap day , or are you the type who’d turn up at a family football tournament with a proper team and be proud of the fact you’d hammered all the dads and kids there ? There’s an extreme distance between the two scenarios but there still basically the same thing . 

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Heath said:

"Never been about age . 👍"

Age was at least a little bit of a factor In it, no?

It is what it is at the end of the day. If dedicated speedsoft games take off at least that separates the crowds out a bit, but there will always be those who are more objective driven, or more energetic, or who have the better gear that throws the game off a little bit. 

Nope, it's mainly fitness, with an element of skill thrown in, & if by better gear you mean more expensive gear, definitely not, I've seen guys who have the first two requirements own a site with a £30 springer shotgun, & by the same degree, my fitness is at an all time low, so I have to be extra sneaky & use whatever skills I have to overcome, & I do ok ?, most of the time anyway lol.

Archived