A small part of me died

Druid799
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

Ahh now this the problematic bit for me , you see normally when I’ve been pushed to the point where I would need to take a couple of deep breaths and count to ten , it would simply be to calm and steady my self so when I do punch the t**t who's pushed me to this point I know it’ll be a well aimed full power hit so hard there grandchildren are born with a black eye sort of punch and NOT some waste of time ‘flailing windmill arms’ hardly connects one ! 👍

😂😂😂

/r/iamverybadass

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters
13 minutes ago, SgtTalbert said:

/r/iamverybadass

Please say you GOT the sarcasm , am rapidly loosing the will to live ! 🤦‍♂️

20 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Please say you GOT the sarcasm , am rapidly loosing the will to live ! 🤦‍♂️

I was being humorous hence referencing that sub Reddit. Maybe we need to start putting /s tags after everything

Been talking to some of the legion guys and they found most games were over in under a minute which in their opinion was too fast, and that's coming from manchester firm players. Could be down to site design or even just inexperience as this is the first time teams have travelled from all over to play the format.

23 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Ahh now this the problematic bit for me , you see normally when I’ve been pushed to the point where I would need to take a couple of deep breaths and count to ten , it would simply be to calm and steady my self so when I do punch the t**t who's pushed me to this point I know it’ll be a well aimed full power hit so hard there grandchildren are born with a black eye sort of punch and NOT some waste of time ‘flailing windmill arms’ hardly connects one ! 👍

😂😂😂

The application of controlled aggression 👌 😂

Actually that looks quite fun. I can see how it would appeal to younger & fitter players.

Tho it must be hard to call hits when the action is so fast and adrenaline so high.  Like getting a kill a second after being hit.

Must be well marshalled for competition.

As said before, its the difference between Battlefield and ARMA games :D

10 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

tbf arma isn't always the most serious of games, don't beleive me then try ramming a spotting scope with a uaz :P

I didn't say it was more serious just more tactical ;)

(Physics has improved too)

• Supporters
1 minute ago, EDcase said:

I didn't say it was more serious just more tactical ;)

true, unless you're playing against CSAT in which case the winner is the one who brought .50BMG API

1 minute ago, EDcase said:

(Physics has improved too)

except when deploying tow ropes from helicopters, crashing into anything, rapelling from anything, sitting down on a prop or in one case flying a helicopter from a canoe suspended underneath it.

or maybe it's just how our squad plays arma :P

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Aengus said:

https://youtu.be/8RQuXM_4alM

watched this and a small part of me died

Apart from the absolutely cringeworthy editing it does show the sport in a better light than the clip I posted up , but as I’ve said all the time just not for me , yes I am old and slow and it’s MOST DEFINITELY a young persons sport , but even if I could I think it would get old very quickly for me , if it was part of a larger game ?  I more than likely could go for that , but who knows ?

Nah still don’t ‘grasp the reason’ behind it ! 😉😁

Wow, didn't realise this dragged on for 4 pages.

I also just realised that i'm more of a speedsofter than anything else since: I naturally lean towards being as light as possible, don't give a damn about realism, and crazy about GBB pistols atm since they have optimized performance for lightweight setups (rifle performance in a small package).

Maybe I should get into it 🔫🤠

7 hours ago, AK47frizzle said:

I also just realised that i'm more of a speedsofter than anything else since: I naturally lean towards being as light as possible, don't give a damn about realism, and crazy about GBB pistols atm since they have optimized performance for lightweight setups (rifle performance in a small package).

Maybe I should get into it 🔫🤠

If you’re fit, competitive and not really a fan of role play it’s the natural progression. Dye and gbb is confirmed filthy speedsofter 😤

If you’re near Retford that’s where all the speedsofters interested in competition go 👍

2 minutes ago, Aengus said:

If you’re fit and not really a fan of role play it’s the natural progression. Dye and gbb is confirmed filthy speedsofter 😤

If you’re near Retford that’s where all the speedsofters interested in competition go 👍

On the other side of the country unfortunately where the closest place is Landwarrior. And I don't even have a car sadly :(

3 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Apart from the absolutely cringeworthy editing

A less edited version for you love ;)

https://youtu.be/SLa92SgLxnE

3 hours ago, Druid799 said:

but even if I could I think it would get old very quickly for me , if it was part of a larger game ?  I more than likely could go for that , but who knows ?

You could say this about any sport like rugby, football, cricket. The reason it doesn't go stale is the constant drive to improve and become or remain better than your competition in leagues/tournaments 👍.

On 02/06/2019 at 15:29, Rogerborg said:

All sports appear to be pointless and daft to people who prefer other sports.  Given that all of us are playing variations on hide and seek with toy guns, we might not want to get so judgemental about it.

Everybody playing it is clearly having a laugh, and nobody is getting harmed (without their consent), so why the hate?

Personally I like the look of it,I dont get why speedsofters get a bad rep I've played with/against them and find they add a great dynamic to the different games that we play and they scare the shit out of snipers who can't get a shot in before they're overrun(they're the best assaulters to have).Come one come all I say 🖖

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, StayOnTarget said:

Personally I like the look of it,I dont get why speedsofters get a bad rep I've played with/against them and find they add a great dynamic to the different games that we play and they scare the shit out of snipers who can't get a shot in before they're overrun(they're the best assaulters to have).Come one come all I say 🖖

i know some folk don't like getting flanked, and there's plenty of folk who's version of overshooting is hitting them with more than 1 bb.

54 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i know some folk don't like getting flanked, and there's plenty of folk who's version of overshooting is hitting them with more than 1 bb.

Oh don't get me started Heard someone start whinging when he saw a player with........a HPA!!!!!!

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Aengus said:

A less edited version for you love ;)

https://youtu.be/SLa92SgLxnE

You could say this about any sport like rugby, football, cricket. The reason it doesn't go stale is the constant drive to improve and become or remain better than your competition in leagues/tournaments 👍.

Very true bud why I try to travel to other sites around the country if I can  , as everyone’s been saying it takes all sorts and if it’s what you enjoy then crack on and enjoy . After thinking long and hard I think the real negative for me is the small arena , I like big open sites the allow for going wide and sneaking up on the other team , I really enjoy the slow sneaking up (don’t get me wrong I do enjoy a good suicide charge as well) but I think that’s the downer for me .👍 

5 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Very true bud why I try to travel to other sites around the country if I can  , as everyone’s been saying it takes all sorts and if it’s what you enjoy then crack on and enjoy . After thinking long and hard I think the real negative for me is the small arena , I like big open sites the allow for going wide and sneaking up on the other team , I really enjoy the slow sneaking up (don’t get me wrong I do enjoy a good suicide charge as well) but I think that’s the downer for me .👍 

You know mate thats fair enough,different strokes for different folks,sorry for any misspells got my mouth wrapped around a Hobgoblin 😁

• Supporters
1 hour ago, StayOnTarget said:

Oh don't get me started Heard someone start whinging when he saw a player with........a HPA!!!!!!

Oh i know the feeling.

Same thing some places for using anything heavier than .25's

3 hours ago, Aengus said:

If you’re fit and not really a fan of role play it’s the natural progression.

Sorry but that is a joke right? I'm fit and don't care much about role play and it is most definitely not a natural progression. Because someone is fit, does not mean they must do everything as fast or physical as they can.

1 hour ago, Resistor170 said:

Sorry but that is a joke right? I'm fit and don't care much about role play and it is most definitely not a natural progression. Because someone is fit, does not mean they must do everything as fast or physical as they can.

oop had competitive in my head too. Will edit.

Archived