A small part of me died

Druid799
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I have played against and with a lot of the speedsofters in the UK including some of the legion team members, so here is my take.

Speed qb is definitely something with potential and has it's place. While some speedsofters can take the piss at skirmishes the better ones who really represent the organised speed qb side do adjust their play to suit skirmishing and in my experience have played and behaved exemplary.

I think the general hate is because they play for the sake of playing not the roleplay and that upsets the more larpy players. There is also the fact that they in  my experience the good ones outplay most general skirmishers. I enjoyed going against them as they tested my ability and made me have to play better instead of the usual autopilot fodder shooting.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

I have played against and with a lot of the speedsofters in the UK including some of the legion team members, so here is my take.

Speed qb is definitely something with potential and has it's place. While some speedsofters can take the piss at skirmishes the better ones who really represent the organised speed qb side do adjust their play to suit skirmishing and in my experience have played and behaved exemplary.

I think the general hate is because they play for the sake of playing not the roleplay and that upsets the more larpy players. There is also the fact that they in  my experience the good ones outplay most general skirmishers. I enjoyed going against them as they tested my ability and made me have to play better instead of the usual autopilot fodder shooting.

20 minutes ago, Resistor170 said:

While everyone obviously can do what they want and I won't ever tell someone not to do what they want, people are all still allowed not to like something. 

I really do not like the look of speedqb. I think your comment Seth, about if they were dressed differently then people wouldn't mind so much is nonsense, they seem dressed right. It looks way to hyperactive and even watching it is unenjoyable, like modern action films that change scenes 10 times every second so you have no idea what the fuck is going on other than its given you a headache but kids think it's wickid innit. 

Put the guns down, drink a cup of sunny d and play 'it' 

If they looked like Seal Team 6 and were clearing rooms the way they work the arena, they would be the next hot thing for sure.

As said above, they don't look larpy enough.

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Seth_K said:

If they looked like Seal Team 6 and were clearing rooms the way they work the arena, they would be the next hot thing for sure.

Only if you are a delusional fucking nutjob lost in a fantasy world that you create to make up for the fact you never had the nuts to sign up.

I respect anybody who takes a paycheck to take up arms for their country but some fat loser who thinks putting on camo calling themselves some stupid fucking callsign and making up a stupid team name who thinks any part of that is like being a serviceman is diluting the gene pool.

I never served and personally think trying to play at what is for some of them a real life and death situation is fucking disrespectful. Airsoft is a game and everybody should play it how they like as long as they remember it is a game. 

@Seth_K I honestly think after reading your posts the best thing you can do to contribute to the game is to fuck off. Nonstop fucking clueless shit talking drivel.

4 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Only if you are a delusional fucking nutjob lost in a fantasy world that you create to make up for the fact you never had the nuts to sign up.

I respect anybody who takes a paycheck to take up arms for their country but some fat loser who thinks putting on camo calling themselves some stupid fucking callsign and making up a stupid team name who thinks any part of that is like being a serviceman is diluting the gene pool.

I never served and personally think trying to play at what is for some of them a real life and death situation is fucking disrespectful. Airsoft is a game and everybody should play it how they like as long as they remember it is a game. 

@Seth_K I honestly think after reading your posts the best thing you can do to contribute to the game is to fuck off. Nonstop fucking clueless shit talking drivel.

My comment was supposed to be a tad sarcastic towards those you called larpy, so I'm not sure what we're disagreeing on.

So if the speedsofters changed their look, those former haters would suddenly change opinion.

I can be wrong.

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Seth_K said:

Nope sorry bud but it does still appear your completely missing what the negative is that most who’ve commented have about it . It’s got Rock all to do with ‘not looking larpy enough’ (most players I’d consider to be friends don’t actually care what you or I wear to a gameday , it could be a thread count accurate Delta loadout to one and next gameday it’s jeans a hoodie and an M4 with a couple of hi-caps! no one cares!)  or dressing up ‘like seal team6 clearing rooms’ , though I do admit that would be a lot more interesting as you don’t actually know what’s on the other side of a door do you ? As I’ve said time and time again the sight of a team trying to get from one side of a small arena to the other as quick as possible just does absolutely nothing for me and THATS what I’m getting (could be completely wrong , wouldn’t be the first time either) from most of the negative comments about it that I’ve read on here .

1 minute ago, Druid799 said:

Nope sorry bud but it does still appear your completely missing what the negative is that most who’ve commented have about it . It’s got Rock all to do with ‘not looking larpy enough’ (most players I’d consider to be friends don’t actually care what you or I wear to a gameday , it could be a thread count accurate Delta loadout to one and next gameday it’s jeans a hoodie and an M4 with a couple of hi-caps! no one cares!)  or dressing up ‘like seal team6 clearing rooms’ , though I do admit that would be a lot more interesting as you don’t actually know what’s on the other side of a door do you ? As I’ve said time and time again the sight of a team trying to get from one side of a small arena to the other as quick as possible just does absolutely nothing for me and THATS what I’m getting (could be completely wrong , wouldn’t be the first time either) from most of the negative comments about it that I’ve read on here .

Ok, so if we were to go from the current practice to one that you would like to see what kind of changes would occur?

Pacing is one for sure, you can't force players not to run so the environment would dictate that somehow.

Rushing from one side to the other, random starting points could fix that.

Am I on the right track?

3 minutes ago, Seth_K said:

My comment was supposed to be a tad sarcastic towards those you called larpy, so I'm not sure what we're disagreeing on.

So if the speedsofters changed their look, those former haters would suddenly change opinion.

I can be wrong.

Wrong.

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Seth_K said:

I can be wrong.

I am just disagreeing on you in general in everyway possible.

I think you are just another shit talking fantasist who talks like he knows things but in reality it is just stuff you have garnered off the internet that you like to spew out to try and make yourself sound like a mover. Either do something or just fuck off and stop spouting shit.

After taking a break for a few weeks the first thing I look at just has you bullshit all over it.

1 minute ago, Resistor170 said:

Wrong.

Just now, ImTriggerHappy said:

I am just disagreeing on you in general in everyway possible.

I think you are just another shit talking fantasist who talks like he knows things but in reality it is just stuff you have garnered off the internet that you like to spew out to try and make yourself sound like a mover. Either do something or just fuck off and stop spouting shit.

After taking a break for a weeks the first thing I look at just has you bullshit all over it.

Ok, I'm gonna leave you guys alone.

5 minutes ago, Seth_K said:

Ok, so if we were to go from the current practice to one that you would like to see what kind of changes would occur?

Pacing is one for sure, you can't force players not to run so the environment would dictate that somehow.

Am I on the right track?

I'd like a setup with a lot more size and variety and/or dynamics to the game layout. A game where people can play at whatever pace they want - unless running is banned. And where you can where what you want, and where you can play in any style you want... If you can't tell I am trying to describe a normal walk on day

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, Seth_K said:

Am I on the right track?

In a word No , I (and obviously a lot of others) just don’t see the point to quick as possible timed games , but that’s not saying quickest time wins game are a no go . I do really enjoy multi target timed games (my home site runs such a timed game where there’s three buildings and the defending team is split between them , each time your killed defending you move to a different building until your ‘killed’ in all three then your out and the other team has too clear all three as quick as possible , now that can be a hell of an adrenaline buzzer !) it’s just the whole concept of small arena can be over in seconds that me personally thinks sucks so for me it’s no you couldn’t tart it up to improve the concept .

Your most definitely squarely in the realms of turd polishing .

5 hours ago, Druid799 said:

And here you are proving my point correct about fans of a particular style of what ever getting all salty when someone else dares to say it not the best . Not once did I say OR insinuate it would be the ‘end of airsoft’ and try to start a witch hunt against it i simply stated I just don’t see the point of it ? It’s you who’s trying to make it a point of argument with snide comments not me matey , so I think you need to take a look in the mirror if you want to find someone acting like a bit of a twat . 

I don’t get annoyed you say you’re not a fan of a particular style. Where I do get annoyed is the no skill comments, there is skill wether they are applicable to you, or not, just as I can acknowledge there’s skill in milsim (fieldcraft etc.). I will admit I’ve definitely projected a certain character upon you from what you’ve said but it’s just what I’ve come to recognise from peoples rhetoric.

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Aengus said:

I don’t get annoyed you say you’re not a fan of a particular style. Where I do get annoyed is the no skill comments, there is skill wether they are applicable to you, or not, just as I can acknowledge there’s skill in milsim (fieldcraft etc.). I will admit I’ve definitely projected a certain character upon you from what you’ve said but it’s just what I’ve came to recognise from the way certain peoples rhetoric.

Ok mate fair enough will admit you got my hackles up with the “can’t grasp” comment so we were on a down hill from there .

Book closed move on and ‘agree to disagree’ work for you ? 

16 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Ok mate fair enough will admit you got my hackles up with the “can’t grasp” comment so we were on a down hill from there .

Book closed move on and ‘agree to disagree’ work for you ? 

Haha yeh. Still don’t think you grasp it tho 😂😉.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Aengus said:

Haha yeh. Still don’t think you grasp it tho 😂😉.

Up ya arse with something ‘ speedy’ 🖕

🤣

3 hours ago, Resistor170 said:

modern action films that change scenes 10 times every second

This, a million times this!!!

Basically, if I see that a "Hollywood" studio has made any film with some form of unarmed combat in it then I immediately avoid!  It absolutely bugs the crap out of me!  Watch any Chinese martial arts movie, or Thai, or even Indonesia, and you will see expertly choreographed fight scenes shot with two cameras at the most and very few cuts.  They're a joy to watch in comparison.

Admittedly the Wachowskis tried with the Matrix films (but went off the deep end) but otherwise if it's "Hollywood" then it's going to be total unwatchable garbage.

/Rant

• Supporters
23 hours ago, Druid799 said:

perhaps you could accept that someone has a different opinion to your self as to what constitutes tactics

I totally respect your right to express your wrong opinion.

They're clearly using effective tactics for that game.  You seem to be irate that they're playing it at all.  It's curious, as I can't see how it harms you in any way.  It seems like dirt track bikers ranting at moto GP racers because they're using similar sorts of vehicle in a different way at a different venue.

11 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

Is this good or bad for shooting hobbies .....

... and if this link works ...... LaserTag SupAir as a promotion tool for a University Airsoft/Paintball society

I enjoyed the nerf battle more than I thought I would.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I totally respect your right to express your wrong opinion.

They're clearly using effective tactics for that game.  You seem to be irate that they're playing it at all.  It's curious, as I can't see how it harms you in any way.  It seems like dirt track bikers ranting at moto GP racers because they're using similar sorts of vehicle in a different way at a different venue.

FFS mate I know you like to be straight and to the point (which I actually like about you when putting your point across) but f**k me once you get an idea in your head there’s no changing it no matter how wrong you are is there ? Not once have I ever said any thing even remotely like this . 

Think you need to get out a bit more . 

• Supporters

I think its safe to say that the "speedsoft qb", or whatever its calling itself isn't to everyone's taste (me included), I'm wondering how it came about ?, a cheaper less messy version of its paintball alter ego ?, & does it signal the death knell of paintball in general ?, given that skirmish play & new sites appear to be almost 100% airsoft based.

anyway, definitely not worth the major forum contributors falling out over.

chill guys 👜

20 minutes ago, Tackle said:

anyway, definitely not worth the major forum contributors falling out over.

chill guys 👜

I second this, some of you guys need to chill a bit!

However, this has been a fantastic read.

Thank you to all involved... and now... deep breaths and count to 10 😂

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, BibbsOnTour said:

Thank you to all involved... and now... deep breaths and count to 10 

Ahh now this the problematic bit for me , you see normally when I’ve been pushed to the point where I would need to take a couple of deep breaths and count to ten , it would simply be to calm and steady my self so when I do punch the t**t who's pushed me to this point I know it’ll be a well aimed full power hit so hard there grandchildren are born with a black eye sort of punch and NOT some waste of time ‘flailing windmill arms’ hardly connects one ! 👍

😂😂😂

Archived