A small part of me died

Druid799
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
34 minutes ago, Aengus said:

the fact that you can't grasp that the reason he is fully focuses ahead of him is due to knowledge, teamwork and communication. He doesn't need to look elsewhere as he knows his teammate will have it covered. He focuses straight ahead because he knows the field layout and positions. Due to communication and awareness he can tell if someone is "on him" or not and when to push up, same applies on where to focus. It is literally the same as competitive paintball just without the majority of the cost.

But hey no skill, run fast and bash your trigger skraaaaaaa

Big up team legion for travelling to the netherlands to compete https://www.facebook.com/LegionAirsoftSquad/

Well arn’t you a presumptive gob shite ! Funnily enough I did ‘grasp the reason’ he’s looking forward and no where else , he doesn’t need to look anywhere else as he can see all the possible points of cover the other team will use from his start point due to the fact he’s playing in an arena the size of a shoe box and the rest of his team are just spamming the trigger like there’s no tomorrow to keep the other teams heads down so from my ‘totally uninitiated’ perspective it is a case of first team to get fire down range and has the fast player in to the other teams section are going to win .

ps I have looked at other games on YouTube and they all seam to run the same course as this one , fastest on the trigger and fastest on there feet win .

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Aengus said:

No idea. Good question I’ll find out from one of the guys!

You would think but after the battle arena fiasco you never know 😂

Would be kind of pointless having a limit if it’s not checked and enforced. Be interested to hear the answer. 

Do t know anything about that 🤷🏻‍♂️

32 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

he doesn’t need to look anywhere else as he can see all the possible points of cover the other team will use from his start point due to the fact he’s playing in an arena the size of a shoe box and the rest of his team are just spamming the trigger like there’s no tomorrow to keep the other teams heads down so from my ‘totally uninitiated’ perspective it is a case of first team to get fire down range and has the fast player in to the other teams section are going to win .

ps I have looked at other games on YouTube and they all seam to run the same course as this one , fastest on the trigger and fastest on there feet win .

True to a point but not entirely. When the other team has fire superiority that is when you have to depend upon your corner fighting skills (snap shooting) to take control of your “lane” again. When someone is spamming you generally they shoot at one height or so all you need to do is not peek at that height and try make opportunistic shots. They (at least should have been) limited to mids so eventually the must lower their rate of fire or reload so once again another opportunity for you to take control again. 

On 01/06/2019 at 21:01, Druid799 said:

this came up on my home site Facebook page today , when I saw it two things came straight in to my head ,

1 ; a bit of me just died ! ⚰️

2 ; where’s @Seth_K he’ll be all over this like a tramp on a dropped kebab ! 

@Druid799

It's too sterile for me and the map design is far too open.

That said, although I'm not a fan of CQB myself, I can see the appeal.

I've uploaded a 3D render of my own layout (currently minus the internals) on the website.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Like... a sport?

YA DON’T SAY ! WHO DA THUNK ! 😱

Was replying to all the bollox about tactics!😂😂😂

• Supporters
13 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Was replying to all the bollox about tactics!

Consider:

Team A focuses directly forwards, shoot almost constantly, trust each other to nail flankers, and rush when they get the shout that they're clear to do so.

Team B keep their heads on a swivel, constantly change their aim points, watch each others' areas... and get consistently monstered by team A.

Are Team A not using effective tactics?

Or... perhaps you could put together a team of operators to school those darn kids on how to dress and play at toy guns properly? ;)

15 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Team B keep their heads on a swivel, constantly change their aim points, watch each others' areas... and get consistently monstered by team A.

https://youtu.be/nLiEj36IiqQ?t=828

🤷‍♂️

On 02/06/2019 at 21:00, E21A said:

Would be kind of pointless having a limit if it’s not checked and enforced. Be interested to hear the answer. 

Do t know anything about that 🤷🏻‍♂️

According to a player they were pretty tight on rules. 280 limit on 0.25g due to the Netherlands laws and everyone ran mids as intended.

• Supporters
48 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Or... perhaps you could put together a team of operators to school those darn kids on how to dress and play at toy guns properly? ;)

OR........ perhaps you could accept that someone has a different opinion to your self as to what constitutes tactics and NOT always reply with a rather condescending manner to said point of disagreement ? 😉

If SpeedQB players looked more tactical, they'd get a lot more universal respect.

That is where the divide is, their style. They remind us of paintball and no one wants that.

Perhaps something good can come of this, any clothing designers on here want to take on the challenge?

Mixing high speed gear with sleek design.

I remember a documentary, might have been Bullets, Boots and Bandages, showing how the 17/18th red coat had the cross strap backpack to keep it tight to his body. I like smart thinking like that, any Plate Carriers out there with such a feature?

The historian was Saul David, shame he wasn't on the latest series of Time Commanders, quite enjoyed the new PvP style.

Ep 2 he talks about logistics and advanced axle designs (of that time) then later in ep 3 about rifling and straight bolts, anyway the videos are below if I'm remembering incorrectly.

Ep 1

Spoiler

Ep 2

Spoiler

Ep 3

Spoiler

As I say, there is room for improvement everywhere, like segmented knee/elbow padding to increase range of motion, all sorts! But the most important factor is looking cool,

If SpeedQB'ers can own that space they will be well liked.

I'm already imagining a multi-layer compression bodysuit with built-in leg pouches, a kilt for modesty (fat) and padding.

Would go very well with some ideas I have for smart textiles. 

Saying that, the arenas are awful, needs more concealment and not just cover.

The funny part of everyone ragging on their kit is often it's very well designed and functions at a top level. I find myself gravitating to kit used by speedqb players. Micro chest rig, dye mask, Hi-capa. I like kit that is tested performs and does a good job (hopefully at a good price).  

For myself in or out of airsoft I TRY to never judge anyone on their looks but their actions. I'd rather a speedy boi playing the objective than a multiglam guy camping a corner for the whole game.  I'd like to point out I said I try not to judge sometimes it's hard if someone shows up with a tactical tophat then I might judge a little. 

Tactical+Top+Hat.jpg

1 hour ago, Seth_K said:

If SpeedQB players looked more tactical, they'd get a lot more universal respect.

That is where the divide is, their style. They remind us of paintball and no one wants that.

What is ‘tactical’?

Is ‘tactical’ dressing up and carrying equipment to look like someone else who is doing a very different activity, or is ‘tactical’ dressing and using equipment that is effective at achieving the ultimate goal?

.... and if the aim of airsofters is to not look like paintballers then why dress up like this :

C8AA4596-5478-4413-BE55-A24475108E48.jpeg

However it could just be people dressing up how they like irrespective of their preferred hobby 

17 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

What is ‘tactical’?

Is ‘tactical’ dressing up and carrying equipment to look like someone else who is doing a very different activity, or is ‘tactical’ dressing and using equipment that is effective at achieving the ultimate goal?

.... and if the aim of airsofters is to not look like paintballers then why dress up like this :

C8AA4596-5478-4413-BE55-A24475108E48.jpeg

However it could just be people dressing up how they like irrespective of their preferred hobby 

I'm more looking for middle ground than to say if it's right/wrong or to define what tactical means.

You can't please everyone but some concessions from each "group" could maximize the potential size of the player base.

Speed and Skill should be "rewarded", but that style attracts criticism, why?

I see it like this:

Speedsoft = CoD

Battlesim = Battlefield (middle ground)

Milsim = ArmA

Now a slightly more CoD-leaning middle ground might be like Star Wars Battlefront.

• Supporters
On 02/06/2019 at 16:11, Enid_Puceflange said:

I'm too old , fat and slow for that shit , but good on them for taking it a step further 👍

I'm enjoying my regression back into the woods 😉

That's so Me at the moment, don't think I've ever been carrying so many injuries/health issues/Timber, never thought I'd consider chucking it in until now..........thank feck in my head I'm still a sprog who's fitter than a butchers dog lol.

On 02/06/2019 at 20:04, E21A said:

🤔 worlds biggest mid caps maybe 

200 bb's apparently, allegedly a mid cap ?, who knew lol, maybe that means a laylax 5000 bb box mag is a hi-cap ?

We have to first find the difference between Tactical and Tacticool.

Tactical is the serious side where appropriate equipment is used to carry out a mission where life is in danger and careful planning and communication is necessary.

This means using appropriate weapon from CQB to marksman.  Ballistic protection etc. 

Tacticool is the airsoft version where equipment is not critical but looks good 😋  ie MP5 with drum mag can be as effective as an M60.  Ballistic protection is unnecessary.

BUT tactics still play a part where careful movement, planning and communication are key.

Then we get to speed-soft or speed-paintball which seems more like suicide runs with spray hoses where sacrificing one player for more than one on the other team is a winning strategy 🤨

Like I said, if that's your thing then fine with me but I'm glad they're separate...

• Supporters

As per usual with any discussion on T’internet about ANY contentious subject it soon descends into arguments off in multiple different directions !🤣

When I posted this up i did it simply to show a form of Airsoft that was the total antithesis of what I want from the game nothing more nothing less . 

Not attacking the players for the fact they were playing it , there style of dress or the guns used just the fact to me (emphasis on the ME) it’s just pointless and I just don’t see any real skill to it that’s all . Any one wants to feel free to play ? crack on ! BUT don’t get all upset and huffy with another player who doesn’t think it’s the killer thing you do and they say so , if you do your going to get attitude right back at you AND then we’re right back on the roundabout again !🤦‍♂️

just remember one of my favorite sayings “opinions are like arseholes , everyone has one and there frequently full of shit !” 😉

Be excellent to each other !

27 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

it’s just pointless and I just don’t see any real skill to it that’s all

When you clearly have and voice those opinions it does tend to come across as contemptuous wether it was intended or not. Seems to me like you posted this to get a crowd of sheep baa'ing at you in agreement that this filth will be the end of airsoft and it has not quite worked out but hey tone and intent isn't clear this is the bloody internet after all..

4 hours ago, Seth_K said:

I'm more looking for middle ground than to say if it's right/wrong or to define what tactical means.

You can't please everyone but some concessions from each "group" could maximize the potential size of the player base.

Speed and Skill should be "rewarded", but that style attracts criticism, why?

I see it like this:

Speedsoft = CoD

Battlesim = Battlefield (middle ground)

Milsim = ArmA

Now a slightly more CoD-leaning middle ground might be like Star Wars Battlefront.

I know very little about Battlefield and nothing about Arma

Rather than “Speedsoft=CoD”, I would call it kids ruining CoD for the old people

That also relates more to “speedsofters” on a skirmish than a tournament 

(Therefore - those who madly run around the field)

At a general purpose walkon skirmish you may get any mix of player types (probably the locals), and then at particular events it may filter down a little to more refined players.  (Such as ‘soft’ or ‘hard’ MilSim - soft/hard being how strict the game structure / target audience is)

This thread highlights speedsofters playing a speedsoft tournament.

There is no need for any player to make concessions to meet the opinions of another player.

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Aengus said:

Seems to me like you posted this to get a crowd of sheep baa'ing at you in agreement that this filth will be the end of airsoft and it has not quite worked out 

And here you are proving my point correct about fans of a particular style of what ever getting all salty when someone else dares to say it not the best . Not once did I say OR insinuate it would be the ‘end of airsoft’ and try to start a witch hunt against it i simply stated I just don’t see the point of it ? It’s you who’s trying to make it a point of argument with snide comments not me matey , so I think you need to take a look in the mirror if you want to find someone acting like a bit of a twat . 

2 hours ago, EDcase said:

Then we get to speed-soft or speed-paintball which seems more like suicide runs with spray hoses where sacrificing one player for more than one on the other team is a winning strategy 🤨

It may look like that with casual viewing, but keep that as a tactic and the sacrificed players are going to be knocking down your averages.

eg:

a win scores the main score

tie breakers come from the difference between live players on each side

I have heard numerous players looking at the scoreboard saying they were only one point away from podium ..... forgetting to mention that they drew with 5+ other teams one point away.

While everyone obviously can do what they want and I won't ever tell someone not to do what they want, people are all still allowed not to like something. 

I really do not like the look of speedqb. I think your comment Seth, about if they were dressed differently then people wouldn't mind so much is nonsense, they seem dressed right. It looks way to hyperactive and even watching it is unenjoyable, like modern action films that change scenes 10 times every second so you have no idea what the fuck is going on other than its given you a headache but kids think it's wickid innit. 

Put the guns down, drink a cup of sunny d and play 'it' 

• Supporters

feckin cheek, so now we're sheep are we ?, your just jealous cos I'm a tactical sheep 😜

Funny Pictures Of The Day - 90 Pics.jpg

Archived