A small part of me died

Druid799
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

this came up on my home site Facebook page today , when I saw it two things came straight in to my head ,

1 ; a bit of me just died ! ⚰️

2 ; where’s Seth he’ll be all over this like a tramp on a dropped kebab ! 

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see anything wrong here. Just young lads exercising their abilities in the way they want to. They're a lot more strategy and quick thinking involved than just raw mechanics which most people think.

Far, far too energetic for my liking.

Now excuse me while I go and shout at some kids on my lawn.

• Supporters

everything I don't want to see in airsoft 😠

WHAT A LOAD OF OLD SHIT Poster _ Lavinia Sklar _ Keep Calm ___.png

• Supporters
1 hour ago, AK47frizzle said:

They're a lot more strategy and quick thinking involved than just raw mechanics which most people think.

🤣🤣🤣

CB4421A5-E4B5-49F1-9294-7865E3049946.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

🤣🤣🤣

CB4421A5-E4B5-49F1-9294-7865E3049946.jpeg

But, it's true though. They're playing airsoft as if it's a high-level competitive video game, not as a war simulator. Typical video game characteristics like positioning, game sense, and mechanics apply to that speedsoft game. The kid in the video doesn't just yolo rush like a tard; he effectively uses cover and closes in when he sees the opportunity, then proceeds to apply pressure and obliterates everyone.

You're just old ahahahah

Mm speedqb, I've seen these before but don't remember the cheering 😑. For me it is closer to an actual sport - a lot of sports - than airsoft. They may aswell put the guns down and play this... 

• Supporters
41 minutes ago, AK47frizzle said:

But, it's true though. They're playing airsoft as if it's a high-level competitive video game, not as a war simulator. Typical video game characteristics like positioning, game sense, and mechanics apply to that speedsoft game. The kid in the video doesn't just yolo rush like a tard; he effectively uses cover and closes in when he sees the opportunity, then proceeds to apply pressure and obliterates everyone.

You're just old ahahahah

Yes I am old , old and experienced (and proud off it , apart from when gaining said experience has cost me pain!) I do concede he did use cover very effectively BUT if you watch he’s totally focussed on straight ahead of him as are the ‘other’ team so if one of those had done what he did then it would have been a complete reversal of the result , 0% tactical spacial awareness from both sides .    

I’ll be honest I just don’t get it , it’s exactly the same with the paint ball games with the big inflatables to me it’s just who can run the fastest whilst spamming the trigger of what ever your using ? 

9 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Yes I am old , old and experienced (and proud off it , apart from when gaining said experience has cost me pain!) I do concede he did use cover very effectively BUT if you watch he’s totally focussed on straight ahead of him as are the ‘other’ team so if one of those had done what he did then it would have been a complete reversal of the result , 0% tactical spacial awareness from both sides .    

I’ll be honest I just don’t get it , it’s exactly the same with the paint ball games with the big inflatables to me it’s just who can run the fastest whilst spamming the trigger of what ever your using ? 

He may be focused ahead only, meaning he took the opportunity and got lucky, alternatively it’s planning, learning the field, practicing some moves and team work

Team work being having worked out all the angles, best locations and what bunker is vulnerable to each other bunker.

If his team are watching the opposition, supporting him and making the calls then he knows when to move without looking around

There are the same number of players on each side, most likely with a mirrored layout, even if every player is live but your side dominates the break getting the best positions then you can push on

• Supporters

All valid points bud , more than likely your spot on .

BUT I’d still rather scratch my arse with a cheese grater then sit in a tin bath of freshly squeezed lemon juice whilst pouring a bottle of shampoo in to my own eyes than have anything to do with this ! 😉

🤣🤣

Just not my thing but if someone does want it ? I certainly wouldn’t say anything to them about it .👍

• Supporters

I'd rather play Dodgeball

Duck Dive Dodgeball Movies Quotes_ QuotesGram.jpg

I must admit that for me personally this looks about as fun as Hitler's punishment in Little Nicky (see below) but in the same breath if that's how they want to play then it's entirely up to them. As long as it doesn't cause issue with those who don't want to approach the hobby in that way then I've no complaints.

Personally I think a lot of SpeedSoft guys try to play completely beyond their abilities failing in basic target recognition along with a variety of other fundamentals but it seems as though putting them in a small gladiatorial arena (where tactical awareness isn't really a factor) is an ideal setting.

Little Nicky video

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

Personally I think a lot of SpeedSoft guys try to play completely beyond their abilities failing in basic target recognition along with a variety of other fundamentals but it seems as though putting them in a small gladiatorial arena (where tactical awareness isn't really a factor) is an ideal setting.

This is SO spot on (and to be honest I’d never thought of it before) but think you’ve really hit the nail on the head with the comment about poor target recognition . Think this could well be one of the reasons speed S’ofters can cause (not always but can do) such a disproportionate amount of discord to there numbers on a game day .👍

• Supporters

All sports appear to be pointless and daft to people who prefer other sports.  Given that all of us are playing variations on hide and seek with toy guns, we might not want to get so judgemental about it.

Everybody playing it is clearly having a laugh, and nobody is getting harmed (without their consent), so why the hate?

A similar metamorphosis as Paintball took years ago...…...

A bit like the primordia's crawling out of the sludge , I personally don't see the harm in this.

The good thing is that as this genre of the sport evolves and the demands of the players for a faster & more efficient pew increases, we will all benefit.

I used to play SupAir when I got bored of woodland , companies like Planet Eclipse , Smart Parts , Air Gun Designs & others really moved the sport forward with technology advancements 

I'm too old , fat and slow for that shit , but good on them for taking it a step further 👍

I'm enjoying my regression back into the woods 😉

5 hours ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

Give 'em some mid caps.

They were limited to midcaps..

19 hours ago, Druid799 said:

he’s totally focussed on straight ahead of him as are the ‘other’ team

The fact that you can't grasp that the reason he is fully focuses ahead of him is due to knowledge, teamwork and communication. He doesn't need to look elsewhere as he knows his teammate will have it covered. He focuses straight ahead because he knows the field layout and positions. Due to communication and awareness he can tell if someone is "on him" or not and when to push up, same applies on where to focus. It is literally the same as competitive paintball just without the majority of the cost.

But hey no skill, run fast and bash your trigger skraaaaaaa

Big up team legion for travelling to the netherlands to compete https://www.facebook.com/LegionAirsoftSquad/

15 minutes ago, E21A said:

You seem to know about this, are all guns/mags etc tested and marked? 

No idea. Good question I’ll find out from one of the guys!

You would think but after the battle arena fiasco you never know 😂

Archived