Which Magazines can I use

jld142
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

That certainly looks like an M4 receiver. Did a mag come with it ? if so how does it differ from a generic M4 mag ? is the BB feed in the same location ? is the mag the same shape ?  pics of the two side by side would help

Dytac Hexmag M4/M16 Mid-Cap Magazines (Box of 5)(Olive Drab)(120 rnd) SALEdoes the mag that comes with it look like this ?

Dytac Hexmag Airsoft Magazine for PTW M4 (Black)(120 rnd)or this ?

this one isn't a standard aeg mag

35 minutes ago, Nick G said:

That certainly looks like an M4 receiver. Did a mag come with it ? if so how does it differ from a generic M4 mag ? is the BB feed in the same location ? is the mag the same shape ?  pics of the two side by side would help

Hello Nick, 

thank you for the quick reply. See the below pictures.

it looks like the hex hag is slightly indented at the front which allows it to slide into the gun.

Yeah 

03AB4B19-D9B2-4176-A19C-3A58AB6E83A1.jpeg

4E995B4B-55B0-4556-A15E-815BDBD21B61.jpeg

5C1F3E71-C4E6-4E49-A161-820687B1BEA3.jpeg

A549F6B0-855E-4A2C-9A22-286533F973D8.jpeg

3E74A49D-533A-4E05-B5EF-1ABC84C5F381.jpeg

1D4171B8-3155-405A-BC16-F519F5C13C56.jpeg

image.jpg

15 minutes ago, Nick G said:

Dytac Hexmag M4/M16 Mid-Cap Magazines (Box of 5)(Olive Drab)(120 rnd) SALEdoes the mag that comes with it look like this ?

Dytac Hexmag Airsoft Magazine for PTW M4 (Black)(120 rnd)or this ?

this one isn't a standard aeg mag

Looks like the top one to me

It's quite a different shape at the front isn't it, looks like it may be a bit longer too. In the picture of the inside of the mag well there looks to be a rib on each side at the front. Is that what's causing the problem ? is the mag well shaped to only fit the Hexmag ?

Just now, Nick G said:

It's quite a different shape at the front isn't it, looks like it may be a bit longer too. In the picture of the inside of the mag well there looks to be a rib on each side at the front. Is that what's causing the problem ? is the mag well shaped to only fit the Hexmag ?

Yes its that rib on each side thats causing the problem.

The hex mag has the indent which allows the front to slide in.

The hex mag fits perfectly. I just dont know if this means i can only use hex mags, or if im missing something.

Based on that it does look like you are stuck using hexmags, and I can only find mid caps. You could potentially modify the mag well by removing those ribs, but not something I would fancy doing !

No worries, on the plus side if you run with a load of mid caps at least you wont rattle !

You could have a go at shaving down something like a P mag to see if you can make it fit

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Battle-axe-DMag-PMag-M4-16-Airsoft-380rnds-High-Cap-Magazine-Polymer/163133282441?hash=item25fb805889:g:a1gAAOSwbh9cj4r~

Something like this, maybe if you took the ribs of the front it might go in ?

Hello all, just to provide an update. The gun appears to have a lip on one side of the inside of the mag input which makes inserting a standard m4 mag very tight. The mag does fit but it rubs against the lip which removes the paint from the mag. 

It it looks like the lip shouldn’t be there as one side is totally smooth, the other has the lip overhang.

not sure if I should take it back to the shop (I have used it a few times to test it all) or just carry on using hexmags 

Archived