Help a noob out?

Zac12345
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi I'm new to airsoft and have recently got  them Specna Arms h09 knowing I'd have to change the spring but I thought it would be a good chance to learn something. But as I've come to detach the front rail it wont slide off as it is front wired and the front handguard doesn't pop off like I've seen in other front wired M4s. I can see theses silver bits where it looks like the wires attach but I'm not sure what to do and I don't want to break anything. Please help if you can.

IMG_0681.PNG

IMG_0682.PNG

IMG_0683.PNG

thanks for the vid it clearly shows how I can change the spring but the problem is my front rail wont slide of like his did as mine is front wired but this is still very helpful and I will use this when I manage to slide this rail off. Thanks mate

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Hi Zac!

Apologies, I did mean to reply to your PM, just been manic at work I'm afraid.

In my naiveity, I haven't come across this before as all my guns have been rear wired.

@ImTriggerHappy or perhaps @Samuraican give you some better advice.

If it were me, I'd probably cut the wires and redo them afterwards.

Front wired usually have mini spade connectors in the wires so you can remove the battery connector then pull the wires through into the reciever 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, L3wisD said:

cut the wires and redo them afterwards

With a Deans (or XT60/30) connector. You'll thank us later.

• Supporters

Oh god, those fingernails in the video. 🤮

Unscrew the big screw near the magwell on the foregrip and you must be able to wriggle and slide off the foregrip forward.

The wires as @Nick G said, must have spade or similar connectors.

so I've been at this for a bit now. I can see the spade connecters but as you can see they're hard to get to and disconnect. I tried with tweezers but it looks like I'm only damaging the insulation.  I may continue to try to pull the front rail even harder but I'm, worried I'll pull the wires out of the gearbox and not the mini spade connectors. Is there an easier way that I don't know about or should I just keep trying with the tweezers?

IMG_0710.JPG

IMG_0711.JPG

IMG_0698.JPG

I wonder if the large hex head bolt just behind the foregrip is clamping the front rail on, try removing it and see if the rail frees up

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Nick G said:

I wonder if the large hex head bolt just behind the foregrip is clamping the front rail on, try removing it and see if the rail frees up

Yes, that's holding it in place. I was referring to that above.

the hex bolt wont budge but so I don't think that's what is stopping me from removing the front rail, I think it's the wires because I can pull it off until I run out of wire length and I cant take off the front rail because the mini Tamiya connecter comes out one of the holes in the front rail and wont fit back through. I think I'm supposed to disconnect the spade connectors

but I cant reach them through the gaps and have tried both pulling the front rail from the receiver to disconnect them by force and also tweezers. I'm going to contact the place I bought it from to see if they can tell me how they did it. 

There's definitely something weird here, if the whole front end comes off in one piece then how did someone connect those spade connectors in the first place?  On the M4s I've got the lower rail is removable but it's only held on by a spring loaded ring, this is obviously different.

There must be a simple solution, it may just be that someone has really tightened that bolt on and it's going to take a bit of brute force to remove it, then suddenly everything opens up and you can unplug the connectors?

Calling the place you bought it from is definitely a good idea though, you'll have to let us know what they say as I suspect a couple of us are curious now!

Archived