Issues with feeding/air seal

Tony.S
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, I run a LCT AS Val and I'm having some issues, the air seal is near perfect at the gearbox with an m110 spring in and slightly short stroked to get it below 370 fps, and it was working perfectly, I took it apart a while back and had a few issues with it feeding, this caused misfeeds often and very low fps, which could be resolved with different mags or holding the magazines back in some cases. I found a solution that was with the magazines and it fixed it for a long time.  I took it apart again much more recently to give it a clean and I'm having much worse problems, this time I can get a very good air seal even through the hop up and barrel, however as soon as I start loading a magazine in, it sounds like it dry fires and the bbs come out at a very low fps, around 100-200 and nothing I've tried such as replacing the hop unit, replacing the nozzle, trying every mag,  makes a difference

Does anyone know what the issue is? Thanks

• Supporters

could be between the feed lips on the hop rubber and the nozzle.

if you haven't changed the nozzle length (and the compression with the nozzle on the box side is fine) then i'd look at the hop rubber. normally i find when it's just barely visible in the feed tube (like poking out no more than 0.5mm) seems to work pretty well. sometimes when installing the hop/barrel back into the unit, especially if it's tight it can pull the rubber forward on the barrel and it'll mean the feed lips aren't right.

some rubbers can be a bit short, some are longer (maple leaf rubbers for example are often too long) so if you've changed rubber this could be the cause.

That has fixed it, thankyou! It just needed a new rubber that was shorter.

Archived