Can I paint a IF?

help me i'm dumb
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Im under 18, i want to get into airsoft and its kind of overwhelming seeing so many rules and laws.

i was wondering if i can buy an RIF and then paint it.

(BTW what gun should i get, i want an smg, preferably with burst and pretty good range and accuracy) the krytac vector looks pretty cool

• Supporters

You can't buy an Imitation Firearm (IF) or Real Imitation Firearm (RIF) as you're under 18. RIFs require a defense to purchase in addition to being over 18 years old. 

Say you got a parent to buy you an IF which, by the way, you couldn't give them the money for it - it would have to be a gift - nobody is going to care that you sprayed your gun. Nobody is even going to know.

That being said it is considered manufacturing a RIF which is illegal and I'd never advocate committing an offense. Just use the two tone.

Do yourself a favour and read through the pinned posts. They contain lots of useful information for newer players getting into the sport. 

• Supporters

a Rif is a realistic gun, ie black or tan etc, do you mean can you buy a two-tone & paint it black ?, the answer would be no, you'd be committing an offence.

secondly, as an under 18, you cannot legally purchase any airsoft gun, not even a two-tone.

there are probably hundreds of posts on here regarding airsoft & the law, take a couple of hours to read through some before asking questions that have usually been asked 100 times before, members get tired of it & usually start ripping the shit of the OP (you).

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, help me i'm dumb said:

Damn...

don't get me wrong,they're a friendly & helpful bunch, but spoon-feeding noobs that usually want to find the easiest way to break the law, or circumnavigate it, is tiring to say the least, & worrying for the committed long term players.

welcome though, read everything & you'll do ok.😁

Yep, get your parents to buy you a two tone and play until you're 18 so you can get UKARA registered.

Then you can get a black RIF...

14 hours ago, Gepard said:

That being said it is considered manufacturing a RIF which is illegal

Converting an IF into a RIF is not restricted by age, it merely requires a defence to do so.

• Supporters
15 hours ago, Gepard said:

it is considered manufacturing a RIF

giphy.gif

36 Manufacture, import and sale of realistic imitation firearms

(1) A person is guilty of an offence if—

(a) he manufactures a realistic imitation firearm;

(b) he modifies an imitation firearm so that it becomes a realistic imitation firearm;

• Supporters
17 hours ago, UKCYukarin said:

Use a two-tone, you are not going to be judged for using it. 

Yes he will , fecking hate them ! 🤬🤬🤬

• Supporters
6 hours ago, help me i'm dumb said:

helpful much

Keep-Calm-And-Say-Whatever.png

So, like, did you totes enjoy your last game of airsoft, and junk?

4 hours ago, help me i'm dumb said:

never played.  im going in head first

Ideally don’t 

Get in for your first game as a rental

Get a few games under your belt playing with a selection of guns if possible, and definitely chat with others about their own gear and opinions

If you were 18 then this would bring you to enough games to qualify for UKARA membership

If you play with someone older then they can gain membership and could buy you a RIF (but no money can change hands - it must be a gift)

There’s nothing wrong with a two tone, but if you don’t like that then the option remains to wrap tape on it such as CamoForm or equestrian / medical wrap when playing .

They cling to themselves leaving no residue and you haven’t committed the offence of modifying an IF into a RIF

• Supporters
5 hours ago, help me i'm dumb said:

never played

We can smell them at a hundred paces.

As @Tommikka said, play first, then decide what toy gun you want to waste your money on.

If you don't know what you want, we generally recommend throwing your money away on the basic G&G CM16 Combat Machines, although the Specna Arms Edge range make a good argument for sinking £130 - £150 into a silly toy.

But once you've played and blagged a go on a few guns, you'll have a better idea of what you want, and why, and whether it's really worth spunking £400+ on a Krytac Vector which will spew BBs downrange maybe 10% more effectively than a £75 CYMA M4.

But first: play.  Really, airsoft is ace. But you have to go out and do it, it's not won by throwing money at retailers.

I can certainly understand the strong urge to buy your own gun and play (we all had those feelings when we started) the but you really will save money and headache by hiring a gun at a game so see what its really like.  You might prefer an M4, AK, MP5 or one of the other hundreds of options....

Is there an over 18 who can go with you?

Having a gun at home and maybe shooting in the garden is cool but believe us, playing soldier in the woods is SOOooo..... much better

• Supporters
2 hours ago, help me i'm dumb said:

but apparently those guns are really common.

and i dont really care about the price

common is good, it means many players before you have given validation to a product, so you don't have to take a risk.

if they don't float your boat, what model of "gun" are you considering ?.

& out of interest how old are you, & what's your height & build ?, sounds a funny question I know but if you say your 12, 4ft8in & of slight build, then we'd tell you to stay away from m60's, full metal ebr's, & any other long gun such full length m14 or an slr.

i want something like an smg, has a burst option, good range and accuracy and sexy looking.

Originally every video i searched about the best smg spoke about the krytac vector limited edition or the normal one so i looked into and now im attached.

is there anything better?

41 minutes ago, help me i'm dumb said:

i want something like an smg, has a burst option, good range and accuracy and sexy looking.

Originally every video i searched about the best smg spoke about the krytac vector limited edition or the normal one so i looked into and now im attached.

is there anything better?

As an AEG? Not in my opinion, but it’s all opinions in airsoft lol

• Supporters

a two-toned vector 😢

Lloyd almost throwing up Blank Template - Imgflip.jpg

Archived