Helmet advice

jld142
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello All,

Newcomer here to both the forum and the sport.

Ive been Airsoft a few times now, love it and am looking to invest in some kit. One of the items i really want it a helmet.

I see what appears to be the same looking helmet from different vendors on Amazon. The helmet style i am looking for is very similar to the below and i want to be able to add a camo cover to it: 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/QHIU-Tactical-Lightweight-Protective-Paintball/dp/B07G764W1G/ref=lp_547955031_1_1_sspa?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1555754298&sr=1-1-spons&th=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DECHO-C-Tactical-Military-Camouflage-Paintball/dp/B07C5KRQFJ/ref=pd_sbs_200_19?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07C5NDMNY&pd_rd_r=79eade6e-822f-11e9-9ff2-d5fd6dee570d&pd_rd_w=UMDTi&pd_rd_wg=LxuQm&pf_rd_p=18edf98b-139a-41ee-bb40-d725dd59d1d3&pf_rd_r=HYRAR8NS3HXNXX7MS08F&refRID=HYRAR8NS3HXNXX7MS08F&th=1

My questions are as follows:

1) Is there a particular vendor to use when it comes to these type of helmets?

2) Can anyone recommend any?

For a starter lid, I would probably recommend that lid (Or any other)...with holes in the top as well, will certainly aid in cooling as wearing full cover, you will sweat like mad.e

For another airsoft brand, FMA are of decent quality.  Had a FMA Martiime lid for quite a while and it was very comfy. (Had to get a l/xl size as I have a large melon..plus still had to modify the padding)

Ebay is probably a good place to start looking as some good finds there..but also maybe look at 2nd hand 'Real Steel' lids too..can find some cheap 2nd hand ones.

On 29/05/2019 at 21:42, Monkman said:

For a starter lid, I would probably recommend that lid (Or any other)...with holes in the top as well, will certainly aid in cooling as wearing full cover, you will sweat like mad.e

For another airsoft brand, FMA are of decent quality.  Had a FMA Martiime lid for quite a while and it was very comfy. (Had to get a l/xl size as I have a large melon..plus still had to modify the padding)

Ebay is probably a good place to start looking as some good finds there..but also maybe look at 2nd hand 'Real Steel' lids too..can find some cheap 2nd hand ones.

Thanks for the advice. Il keep a look out

Archived