G&G Lee Enfield No.4

• Supporters
2 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

All we've been given so far is some time in 2020

I’m sure I read something about they were having to redesign the mag as it looked and actually was cack .

This definitely looks like a very nice bit of kit, or at least potentially. I've found myself contemplating my end of year project (joys of a brain that never bloody stops ticking over) and I'm considering a WE Thompson as the GBBR version looks like a ton of fun. This might be another option though with a much smaller margin for a headache once it materialises.

Edit: On a side note I'm not sure why the proposed clip option is limited to 7 rounds, it's my understanding that the real No.4 could hold 10 rounds?

• 1 year later...

i contacted G&G on a seperate matter (ordering replacement feed lips for an SMC mag)  and asked about the lee enfield.

apparantly they have run into a licensing issue, so they do not have a release date.

i know i will definately be in line to buy one when it is finally announced though

• Supporters

The No4's design/shape must be too old to have any sort of patent apply and afaik nobody has anything like trademark license holding over the markings that the Royal small arms factories applied to Lee-Enfield type rifles.  Unless there's some aspect to the way the airsoft gun operates that's patented I can't really see what they mean there, unless Redwolf setup some shenanigans when they did theirs maybe?  Be interested to know what they meant specifically.

Agreed.

And their licencing issue may be down to the 7 round gas mags, as i remember reading a while back that they were having issues with them.

Either way i hope they resolve the issues and release such an iconic rifle

Its a G&G gas rifle it will inevitably be gorgeous externally but way way too hot and impossible to regulate

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Hmmm, S&T could have a rival 😄

Haha yeah. Though i like that S&T went for the SMLE, while G&G are going for the No4. Hope they are still working on the No4 T sniper, that would be ideal for me. 

Edited by Armo1000

1 minute ago, Armo1000 said:

Haha yeah. Though i like that S&T went for the SMLE, while G&G are going for the No4.

Yeah, both iconic.  Not sure if I prefer spring or gas either

7 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Yeah, both iconic.  Not sure if I prefer spring or gas either

Advantage of gas is a much quieter, easier to pull and more realistic bolt action. However you may have problems in winter and have less rounds to hold, but shouldn't be unserviceable. Both have their positives and negatives. One of each i guess. I have the PPS gas Kar98K, which is an excellent rifle that really tuned me on to the idea of gas rifles. 

• 3 months later...
  • Supporters

Well that’s a disappointing looking piece of shit ! 😳
Thanks G&G , you F**ked that up royally didn’t you ? 🤦‍♂️

Take it out in this heat and it's gonna suffer an endothermic reaction. Lol