Idiot.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Rather than go to bed I was watching Police Interceptors on C5.

Anyway, some plant pot was threatening door staff with a two tone pistol. It was described by the narrator as a gas powered ball bearing weapon. Armed responce officer were called out to the incident. The guy was charged with possession of an imitation firearm.

Here is what they found.

20190529_002535_001.jpg

Kimber K warrior 1911a.

It has been used in public and was not been used responsibly. So it's a weapon as it was used in a threatening manner. Regardless of the damage it can do, The physical appearance is enough to cause distress an alarm in the general public, who might not understand exactly what the pistol is.

The law IMO should treat it like an unloaded firearm.

• Moderators

I saw that episode as well the other night, i was wondering when it would appear on here! :lol: :lol:, rewound and showed the wife, said she could go and buy one and do that, thats how easy it was for idiots to obtain these....then gave her a short version of RIFs and IFs and colour coding.....

39 minutes ago, djben9 said:

I saw that episode as well the other night, i was wondering when it would appear on here! :lol: :lol:, rewound and showed the wife, said she could go and buy one and do that, thats how easy it was for idiots to obtain these....then gave her a short version of RIFs and IFs and colour coding.....

Did her eyes glaze over?

• Moderators

more like roll over! :lol:

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Steveocee said:

It's a shame our hobby is infested with regards who "wanna point a shootah at ya".

It amazes me the law hasn't removed all rifs from the country.

Now I’d say this statement is completely wrong , it’s not airsoft players pulling these kind of stunts it’s inbred fuckwits who bought the gun from a shop in Malaga/a dodgy market stall/a tourist tat shop at the seaside or BBgunzsisbestest.com who’s advert they saw on some chav web site .

Hand on heart in the 19yrs i’ve been playing I’ve never come across anyone at a game day who I’d thought was that much of a twat that I thought “bet he’d take an Airsoft gun in to town with him !” .

Ah if only he'd had his UKARA licence, this would never have happened. Good to see that all the hoop jumping honest players have to go through stop idiots getting hold of airsoft guns and causing problems with them...

... oh wait 🤔

2 minutes ago, Tiercel said:

Ah if only he'd had his UKARA licence, this would never have happened. Good to see that all the hoop jumping honest players have to go through stop idiots getting hold of airsoft guns and causing problems with them...

... oh wait 🤔

Everyone knows that it can't be a real gun if it is painted blue.

• Supporters
20 hours ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

The guy was charged with possession of an imitation firearm

Any idea if it was Section 19 (simple possession) or Section 16A (intent to cause belief of unlawful violence) ?

41 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Any idea if it was Section 19 (simple possession) or Section 16A (intent to cause belief of unlawful violence) ?

Unfortuantly it didn't say as the guy never turned up for court.

I would be very interested in the difference in charging/sentencing if he had pulled the same stunt with a black pistol.

• Supporters
On 29/05/2019 at 22:19, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

I would be very interested in the difference in charging/sentencing if he had pulled the same stunt with a black pistol.

There shouldn't be any, as both offences just say "imitation firearm".

Which highlights what an inconsistent mess the legislation is.  The government (fairly sensibly) draws a distinction between realistic and non-realistic for sale (manufacture/modification/import) purposes because it recognises that non-realistic toy guns are less able to be used in crimes.  But the crimes that mention imitation firearms make no such distinction, not even simple possession.  Just... urgh.

Archived