Any tips for general checks on new gun out of the box?

Stevo4345
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Freedom Flight 101 is fast approaching, will be getting out of the sand box tomorrow, home on Friday and have a shiny new Specna Arms SE-E04 waiting for me. As it's my first AEG I'll be poring over the manual and instructions very carefully (man translation: rip it out of the box and blast some BB's off!).

In all seriousness, has anyone got any tips for checking a new AEG out of the box? I can think of the basics, read the bloody manual, checking everything is there and there's no bits missing or loose, check nothings blocking the barrel, dry fire it on semi & auto, run some BB's through the mags to make sure they are feeding correctly, check the hop up is adjusting.

If there's anything else I'd appreciate a shout out.

It'll need to be chrono'd. The specnas come with 2 springs, one will be very hot. It's not hard to change them if you have to. The regular spring they ship with is about 310fps the other is closer to 400fps, You can go to 350fps on most sites (check with the sites you want to play at) if that is the case pick up the correct spring for 350fps.

AK2M4 sell the correct drop-in springs for 345fps. @ak2m4 I believe it is a ZCI that he is currently recommending for this. But am unsure if it's the M110 or the M100.

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/index.php?route=common/home

Outside of that, it's just a case of sticking in a fresh battery and making sure it shoots and setting the hop.

Loose bits, on an M4 are generally not a problem. If it's wobble free then there is very little that can fall off them.

Get your sling and scope on it if you picked them up.

And make sure it fits in your gun bag.

If you've been handling real steel just be gentle. Airsoft guns are toys, and won't stand up to the abuse you are accustomed to.

Cheers Iceni, some good points there. Was planning a trip up to an Airsoft store, Patrol Base or the one in Hull, I guess I could call ahead, let them know I'm coming with the AEG and that way I'm covered if I'm stopped with it for any reason.

Was thinking of getting a couple of springs so I could play with BB weight a little so can do it all at once, chrono'd and spring change.

The Edge's have the quick change system so it's a simple job to swap.

Can have a try of some eye-pro too, a proper set, not the shonky safety glasses I've been using. Last thing on the list but some things you need to try before you buy.

Archived