Bring a Two tone gun to an event

Gorgeousgeorgeous
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

LOL, MUST BE HALF TERM ๐Ÿ˜‚

5 minutes ago, Gorgeousgeorgeous said:

Simple question: am I supposed to have a two tone gun in a case or bag? Not sure how walking on with it slung over my wherevers is gonna go down great.

If it was that simple you'd see a shitload of criminals carrying "two tone" weapons on them.

ย 

Carrying a replica firearm on your person isn't a smart idea. Keep it in a bag!

14 minutes ago, Tackle said:

LOL, MUST BE HALF TERM ๐Ÿ˜‚

Shhhhhh I should be revising ๐Ÿ˜‚

10 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

If it was that simple you'd see a shitload of criminals carrying "two tone" weapons on them.

ย 

Carrying a replica firearm on your person isn't a smart idea. Keep it in a bag!

Fair does mate. Sounds like a good idea.

• Supporters

Usual answer.ย  Firearms Act 1968 S19 makes it an offence to have with you in a public place any imitation firearm, realistic or not.ย  There has been a successful prosecution for having a bright orange plastic springer pistol that even the arresting officer conceded wasn't remotely realistic.

ย 

So:

ย 

1) Whenever, wherever and however you transport it, ensure that you can show, on the spot, that you have a "reasonable excuse", e.g. that you are on your way to or from an event at an insured airsoft site.

ย 

2) Avoid this becoming an issue in the first place by concealing it, and not dressing up like a pretend soldier.ย  We've recently noted that racquet bags or sports holdalls are the way to go if you're taking public transport.

ย 

I should note that my local sites don't want any IFs being visible anywhere outside their actual game site, not even being open-carried from the car park.ย  Just don't bring that sort of attention on yourself or the site.

In a bag, mags out, batteries out.

If the mags are loaded they go in a separate bag, so as to not be accessed quickly.

If the mags are loaded and gassed (often happens with CO2 pistols) then make extra sure the mags are stowed and zipped away from the gun.

Treat it like your dick. You wouldn't go walking about with it hanging out.ย  Same with your guns.

You don't need a gun bag. Any bag will do. I've even used a couple of bin liners in a pickle. If you can't make out the silhouette, and it's been made safe, then you have made an effort not to alarm the public.

The Military black deployment bag is about ยฃ25.

It's massive. Will hold a couple of M4 style guns, All your kit and equipment, and you can use it like a back pack or regular bag. Worth every penny of the ยฃ25.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/British-Army-Surplus-Black-Deployment-bag-holdall-100-litres-backpack-/173799844094

• Mostly Retired Moderators
8 hours ago, Iceni said:

Treat it like your dick. You wouldn't go walking about with it hanging out.ย  Same with your guns.

ย 

Also, like my penis, I'm often too embarrassed to show it to many people.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived