Is HPA on the wane ???

Tackle
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

hey guys, just a thought, been cruising some of the classifieds sites & couldn't help noticing a lot more hpa kit floating around, full guns as well as parts etc.

do people think its had its day ?, I ask because as well as noticing the increase in sales, for every positive thread I see on hpa, there's usually 2 or 3 negative posts regard players abusing the rules via hpa ? & are some sites turning against them as their harder to police ?.

As a diehard aeg fan it made me think is all 👴

The positives of the platform are yet to be fully realised, imho, marketed as a god gun perhaps players did not feel it translate to their experience on the field.

With a little more development and then, correctly, comparing it directly to Gas/Co2 & AEG, we may see a better view of HPA.

Tournament Locks also need to be norm, to at least encourage others to trust that HPA is legitimate and not always running hot.

• Supporters

I think it's growing more than ever, much more variety in choices for people to buy, more secondhand sales says to me there's more people owning them.

Yes there's a lot of debate about cheating using hpa, and granted it's a concern for a good reason, but it's just because it's an easy target. You can swap the spring in a scorpion evo quicker and stealthier than you can twiddle some hpa regs.

Joule creep is a seperate argument, hpa's are generally the go-to type to describe the problem but gbb's and even spring snipers are vunerable or can be made to exploit this.

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, proffrink said:

You could draw the exact opposite conclusion: More HPA kit because more people are buying it, which will always mean more people are selling it.

yes & no, that point had occurred to me, but looking at other mediums such as the wanted ads, don't see much demand ?.

• Root Admin

Well without any data I think it might be fairly pointless to speculate seriously.

To my point: I've never seen more HPA stuff on the fields. Especially in the UK it just makes sense over green gas but it's not going to be replacing the much lower entry cost of AEGs any time soon for sure.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, proffrink said:

To my point: I've never seen more HPA stuff on the fields. Especially in the UK it just makes sense over green gas but it's not going to be replacing the much lower entry cost of AEGs any time soon for sure.

Not to mention the variety of sites that dont have compressors.

I still keep a couple of aeg's on the go for precisely that reason. Although if air is available i'll normally go hpa. All it takes is the site to have their compressor away for servicing and you're suddenly glad of the backup.

Tbh i think the issues hpa highlights are endemic across the hobby- showing how poor the understanding of how physics works is when it comes to these things.

Tournament locks would be great, if they were enforced. The only time i've had a site tournament lock my reg is when i was showing them that it was a thing they could do when facing an hpa setup.

• Supporters

no, not asking a question fir the sake of it, I leave that to sethk (😝), just more of a random thought, I don't play anything like I used to, & tbh literally haven't seen anyone running hpa at the few games I've got to of late, which is a few sites in Kent.

going off on another tangent then, are hpa users more prolific at particular sites, kinda "birds of a feather flock together" scenario ?

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, Tackle said:

no, not asking a question fir the sake of it, I leave that to sethk (😝), just more of a random thought, I don't play anything like I used to, & tbh literally haven't seen anyone running hpa at the few games I've got to of late, which is a few sites in Kent.

going off on another tangent then, are hpa users more prolific at particular sites, kinda "birds of a feather flock together" scenario ?

certainly here it seems that way, but then it makes sense the sites where you can get air are going to see more hpa regulars.

there are definately sites i've been to where our squad has got attention for being "the hpa guys" as they're evidently used to aeg's.

also makes sense that if you've got a few folks running hpa at a site then others are gonna see the shiny and want to join.

• Supporters

My two regular sites there’s definitely an increase in the number of HPA players , BUT the increasing numbers of players seem to be exclusively speedS’ofters , you know the type check shirt C clamp and ridiculous rates of fire ! 😳 

I’ll be honest I do feel quite sorry for the players who genuinely run hpa as just another method of BB delivery and NOT a way to scream “look at me !  Spurting my white load like a solid white line straight at you !” 🤦‍♂️

I agree with a lot of the comments on here in regards to hpa being on the increase. I also think there is a lot of ignorance out there in regards to hpa. It's not the be all and end all its made out to be by some people and can require work to get right if its a self install. I've seen an increase in hpa users at the site i play at, and there is genuine interest when they ask about my set up. No smarmy comments etc, as its just not needed.

On 28/05/2019 at 13:46, Tackle said:

😃

Archived