Gas mags

n1ckh
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi collective minds. 

At the moment. After a day of use, I take my hpa valves out & put the normal valves back in the mags then add a bit a gas to keep the seals lubricated. 

It's becoming a PITA doing this just for storage. 

Do you guys do anything differently or is there other ways I can keep the seals lubricated without stripping the valves or taking the hpa valves out

Nick :) 

I put some non permanent thread lock and sealant on my hpa valves and just leave them in my tm mags all the time.

I decided it would be easier to just buy replacement orings and replace them when needed but to be honest i haven`t

needed to yet and its been a few years now.  I have found using just hpa is not that rough on the seals.

I do occasionally put a drop of silicone oil on the top valve of the mag and push in the valve to let it in around the valve

just in case.

So just a drop of silicone oil on the outlet valve & that's all you do which is a good idea. Getting tired of swapping inlet valves after every game day use. 

Think I'll invest in some replacement O-rings as back up. 

The mags were bought brand new last year but who knows how long they were on the shelf 

Cheers :)

Archived