Just a guy from Croatia

Demox
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hy everyone, 

My name is Demijan,28 years old,about 6 years in airsoft. I live in Croatia which is relatively far from your position,so I doubt i will come to play with you anytime soon,but who knows,I do actualy plan going to Birmingham and London with my 2 airsoft teammates at the end of this year so maybe we will join you for a session.

We have a british dpm webbing loadout, becouse its lightweight(not with a full bergen lol),and the dpm works perfectly in most of our enviroment.

Anyways, this is the main reason I decided to join here:

For years we have used midland g7 radios with inear phones,but in the last year basicaly everyone in our region switched to puxing 888 ,and sometimes it messes our "compatibility",i guess if the person using it doesnt program it to use our allready programed channels. But i am a noob at this so I might sound ridiculous at times...

So a guy from my team suggested we switch to puxings too...

Being myself,wasteful and feeling ready to spend extra money on gear... yes,i am a gearwhore,not just airsoft,also studio equipment :D anyways I wanted to get a bowman headset for it,preferably original.

Later i thought,why not buy original headset and radio? It is military grade,looks badass,and works for 500/800m flawlesly according to specs.

I thought some of you guys might be into that and have experience with it,so you might give me some insight,becouse i have never used a puxing,or bowman,neither can i find a manual for the bowman.

So i summed my questions in 4 parts id like you to help me with those 4 basic things please:

1. Is there somekind of surplus store in uk where I can buy a new or little used "EZPRR Bowman" radio+better antena+original dpm pouch+original tactical bowman headset,preferably left side?

2. If i do buy the bowman,can I program it on the same frequencies as other guys use on puxing 888,so i can hear/talk to them?

3. If I just buy the puxing,can i connect an original selex bowman headset to it using some kind of adapters or is it a pain?

4. Is the original selex/marconi headset really better than those knockoffs I see in airsoft stores?

I really searched and couldnt find any usefull info so far...

We will be looking for answers like we are looking at this picture, salute from Croatia!

P.S. feel free to redirect me to make topic about this somewhere if this is not an apropriate place, and sorry for my English,it can be a bit offbeat at times

FB_IMG_1558825426657.jpg

FB_IMG_1558825306089.jpg

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

I cannot answer your questions.  I do not think that any EZPRR would be sold due to the encryption. 

I did find this website for some information on Bowman  https://www.cryptomuseum.com/radio/selex/prr/index.htm

Thanks for reply jedimaster.

Information on this subject is very rare,and what you sayd about probably not being possible to buy due to encription sounds valid.

This link you sent me I allready found,and is one of just a few websites i found any info about this subject.

We would be satisfied with the "old" PRR as well, but to be able to encript our transmissions would be a big +.

If you know anyone who knows about this topic,please refer them to this thread,thanks again :)

2 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

Welcome :).

I cannot answer you questions.  I do not think that any EZPRR would be sold due to the encryption. 

I did find this website for some information on Bowman  https://www.cryptomuseum.com/radio/selex/prr/index.htm

• Supporters

while I know nothing about what's current with regard to military comms (I used to use clansman 349/350/351 back in the day), I cant see you being able to legally access any of it, literally due to national security issues.

I have seen some prr sets come up for sale, but its very rare & again probably illegal.

I'd be more inclined to get civilian/commercial radio sets such as the puxing 888's you mentioned & get the leads on bowman headsets modified to fit, then hide the radios away unseen in a suitable pouch.

if you really need it to look authentic, maybe someone may be able to 3d print a prr style case that the puxing could fit in ?.

14 hours ago, Tackle said:

while I know nothing about what's current with regard to military comms (I used to use clansman 349/350/351 back in the day), I cant see you being able to legally access any of it, literally due to national security issues.

I have seen some prr sets come up for sale, but its very rare & again probably illegal.

I'd be more inclined to get civilian/commercial radio sets such as the puxing 888's you mentioned & get the leads on bowman headsets modified to fit, then hide the radios away unseen in a suitable pouch.

if you really need it to look authentic, maybe someone may be able to 3d print a prr style case that the puxing could fit in ?.

Thanks for your input,in that case it seems we will go for puxing radio and bowman headset(will look for originals online)

Shame becouse PRR is so sexy,would love to have it in my stock.

Cheers

Archived