TM Hi capa 5.1

matas17
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So i built myself a TM hi capa 5.1 and i was wondering is there a way to make slide lock back with other brand mags. I have WE 5.1 mag and Armorer works 5.1 mag but neither of those lock the slide back when mag is empty.

4 minutes ago, matas17 said:

So i built myself a TM hi capa 5.1 and i was wondering is there a way to make slide lock back with other brand mags. I have WE 5.1 mag and Armorer works 5.1 mag but neither of those lock the slide back when mag is empty.

Slide lock depends upon two things, enough gas left to push the slide back, and the mag follower pushing the slide lock catch up.

Have a close look and see what differences you can see between them all

4 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Slide lock depends upon two things, enough gas left to push the slide back, and the mag follower pushing the slide lock catch up.

Have a close look and see what differences you can see between them all

Slide lock is original tm. The mag on a left is TM, middle one is WE and AW on a right. All 3 mags work with the pistol and push slide back well but seems like AW and We won't lock the slide. 

15588035230242028169221259524581.jpg

14 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

You can see immediately the slide lock tab on the BB follower is different on the WE and AW mags

I wonder if a change of bb follower on other 2 mags would fix the issue?

2 minutes ago, matas17 said:

I wonder if a change of bb follower on other 2 mags would fix the issue?

Might work if everything else in the mags is identical

• 1 month later...

Archived