What's the specific nomenclature for this type of rail-mounted lighting system?

paradoxum
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I just want a good looking one to mount on my VFX SCARH to look tacticool - doesn't need to function really just for aesthetics.

Cheapest I am seeing on ebay is like these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223509557393

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254182250986

Thanks in advance.

So the specific nomenclature for the one you bought is the L3 Communications AN/PEQ-15, target designator, aiming device, and illuminator.

Ha ha I use to work for L3 different department though wish I picked up a few more things from them before I left. 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Joe 2.0 said:

So the specific nomenclature for the one you bought is the L3 Communications AN/PEQ-15, target designator, aiming device, and illuminator.

No it isn't, that's a copy of an Insight/L3 LA-5B ATPIAL.  

Similar to a PEQ15, but not the same. 

6 hours ago, jcheeseright said:

No it isn't, that's a copy of an Insight/L3 LA-5B ATPIAL.  

Similar to a PEQ15, but not the same. 

Looks pretty darn similar to the unit I had on my service rifle when I was in.

EDIT: looked at L3/Insight’s website, looks to be functionally the same system, LA5B is just higher power than the issued AN/PEQ-15.

• Supporters

Look again, the LA5 is physically different to the PEQ15.   It's not just higher power, the shape of the unit is different and so are the controls. 

16 hours ago, Joe 2.0 said:

Looks pretty darn similar to the unit I had on my service rifle when I was in.

EDIT: looked at L3/Insight’s website, looks to be functionally the same system, LA5B is just higher power than the issued AN/PEQ-15.

It has a little IFV light on the side which I can't see how it can be useful 

On 27/05/2019 at 08:13, jcheeseright said:

Look again, the LA5 is physically different to the PEQ15.   It's not just higher power, the shape of the unit is different and so are the controls. 

I just went on Insight’s website, and looked at their product catalog. It’s listed as a higher power version of the AN/PEQ-15.

• Supporters
13 hours ago, Joe 2.0 said:

I just went on Insight’s website, and looked at their product catalog. It’s listed as a higher power version of the AN/PEQ-15.

I totally get that, and the functions are the same, but higher power...  HOWEVER, they have physical differences, the LA-5 LOOKS DIFFERENT and the OP asked for the specific nomenclature of the item he posted, which is an LA-5, not a PEQ15. 

A BMW M3 is a more powerful 3 series, but that doesn't mean you can call it a 320D!  They're different. 

Archived