WW2 and modern load out mix

Oleg73082
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've just got back into Airsoft after a few years having a break, I wanted to be a different my having glad ww2 and half modern. So I've got a M40 German helmet with splinter cover (it's all ww2 German stuff btw) M43 splinter trousers and gaiters. And just a simple 8fields Russian camo chest rig and other small bits. I've bought myself a new gun as well which is the classic army scar h or l I'm not sure with a holo sight. What's everyones thoughts on this? Is it a bit too silly?

• Head Moderator

Well the SCAR H is a bit silly looking, the stock is like a Wellington boot after all ;).  Wear what you like and find comfortable.  Unless you are attending a WW2 themed event where having a replica gun is mandatory, there is no problem.  Always thought the MP5 would look fine, and the AK47 was influenced by the German StG44.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Oleg73082 said:

Is it a bit too silly?

Running around the woods playing pretend soldiers with toy guns?

Yes. Yes it is.

If it makes you happy, you're doing it right.

Wear whatever you like. I often run a early-WW2 style Thompson, wearing Cold-war era Swiss camoflague and with a modern M24 over my back for the long range stuff. Unless it's milsim, I don't really think there's a rulebook for this sort of thing 😉

Archived