Airsoft Horror stories

Solly4568
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Mostly Retired Moderators
1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

Have seen this happen at EAG Dorking. One particular marshal said we could take our eyepro off on the skirmish field once the battle had ended.

Course I didn't. But many others did. 

+1 to this. Unfortunately, not the best aspect of playing at Dorking - an otherwise great site.

At the end of a big game and everyone's hot and bothered, of course it's tempting to take your mask off if the marshall deems it ok to do so, I did it once, at my first time there, but not on any subsequent visit.

They tell people to clear their weapons, mag out and safety on and if anyone fires once they're banned.

But still, why would you risk it?

If that one guy who pulls the trigger once happens to catch you in the eye, it's not worth the risk...

3 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

+1 to this. Unfortunately, not the best aspect of playing at Dorking - an otherwise great site.

At the end of a big game and everyone's hot and bothered, of course it's tempting to take your mask off if the marshall deems it ok to do so, I did it once, at my first time there, but not on any subsequent visit.

They tell people to clear their weapons, mag out and safety on and if anyone fires once they're banned.

But still, why would you risk it?

If that one guy who pulls the trigger once happens to catch you in the eye, it's not worth the risk...

Especially if one person went to safe zone to fix a broken weapon and comes back thinking the game is still going and start shooting at a figure behind a bush they don't have sight of. 

15 hours ago, Prisce said:

At AP last year some time an acquaintance got a smoke grenade in his dump pouch from a total fluke throw, it lit and burnt through the bottom of his dump pouch.

I'm sure someone has told me about this... through a friend of a friend sort of thing 😂

3 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Have seen this happen at EAG Dorking. One particular marshal said we could take our eyepro off on the skirmish field once the battle had ended.

Yeah I did think this was very strange... 

Myself and few others all kept our eyepro on and just looked at each other a little bemused!

Just thought of another 'incident'

I was playing a game at Combat South and had completely ran out of ammo so went back to the safe zone mid skirmish to reload. 

Whilst sat there two lads headed back into the safe zone one complaining of a really painful hit.

I turned around to ask where and what had happened, expecting to see a nasty bleeder on the face or something...

He just grinned at me and one of his two upper front teeth had just disappeared, I mean had pretty much broken off cleanly with his gum line! 

Absolutely savage! 😂 

3 hours ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

It's straight bullshit. Seth's expecting us to believe that a marshal is both simultaneously concerned about safety such that he'll bollock someone for using a RIF irresponsibly, but also make everyone sit down in the middle of a game, taking eyepro off if you want. Outside of the safe zone? I really, really, really doubt this happened.

If it did, name and shame.

3 hours ago, E21A said:

8899FEE2-9EE5-406F-9585-F9A19BDA8EF5.jpeg

3 hours ago, Tackle said:

yeah, definitely very dubious, especially as the word "kid" keeps being used ?.

me, id have prob banned him for the rest of the day, as it sounded like naive stupidity, & if he ever came back he'd get a bollocking before the safety briefing.

4 hours ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115ce7bad17a586a6145

4 hours ago, shane213 said:

Never understand the sites where marshals use punishments like this as your venturing outside of a game into a very gray area / physical & mental abuse (possibly breaking laws). Unless the victim agrees to said punishment, but then still its your own decision making which should tell you this is wrong (as I presum you probably thought and didnt pull the trigger).

Yeah, it did feel like abuse.

Sorry to name and shame but... it was at Tactical Warfare Airsoft in Croydon. Maybe 2 years back.

A few members of The Wraith Blades were there is anyone knows that group. One of them had the pictures of the kid's back.

10 minutes ago, Seth_K said:

Sorry to name and shame but... it was at Tactical Warfare Airsoft in Croydon. Maybe 2 years back.

A few members of The Wraith Blades were there is anyone knows that group. One of them had the pictures of the kid's back.

Why am I not surprised...

17 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Why am I not surprised...

Just read your review of the site. Been there myself 4-5 times, probably a bad place to start playing.

Might go to Red 1 next month, the SCAR is off to Camoraids for a folding to fixed stock conversion, so after that.

1 minute ago, Seth_K said:

Just read your review of the site. Been there myself 4-5 times, probably a bad place to start playing.

Might go to Red 1 next month, the SCAR is off to Camoraids for a folding to fixed stock conversion, so after that.

I wont be back ;)

At Camoraids first thing tomorrow to pick up a couple of rifles that were to be repaired myself. 

• Supporters

Can’t back him up on his incident BUT I have also seen a couple of players given a firing squad for breaching safety rules over the years , one was up against a wall (was a bit too much for my liking) and the other was a player who had to run across the field in front of the firing squad who would only stop firing once he reach a patch of tarmac . 

Worse one ive had personally is throwing an enola gaye EG67 through a window, it bounced off the frame and went off an inch from my face. Shook me up for a couple of minutes before i joined everyone elses hesistant laughter....😂

Other from that an occasional idiot wandering into the game zone forgetting to pull down their eye pro, lost dog walkers popping up in the middle of a firefight and rentals deciding to mag up in the safezone. 

nevertheless the marshalls dealt with it amicably , as for the look on the dog walkers faces ...... i wish i had my camera

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Chopper92 said:

lost dog walkers popping up in the middle of a firefight 

Funnily enough similar’ish incident two yrs ago at the NAE , ground zero’s site is on the sumerlize estate and they have a music festival at the big house at the same time . SO halfway through Saturday afternoon a group of about 20 yuppies turn up on the track after being dropped of by taxi’s at the entrance intent on walking through the game zone to get to the music festival AND no one was going to stop them ! And one was a lawyer and he knew his rights so there ! 🤦‍♂️

You then have a good 10mins of marshals and semi pissed yuppies arguing the toss over going through or NOT going through the game site , at this point one of the seniors turns up with a 249 proceeds to walk a good 50yds up the road in the opposite direction from this ‘discussion’ shred the undergrowth with it and then invites them to look at the damage it had done and then asked them did they still want to enter the gamezone as this potentially is what they could be dealing with .

Was at this point they turned around and walked back they way they came ! Humour of the situation aside can you imagine the shit storm too follow if they’d ACTUALLY entered the gamezone? Not even worth thinking about ! 

7 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Can confirm this

On 23/05/2019 at 17:29, Antny said:

I remember marshaling one time and we had a group of regulars who never liked to wear face pro, a scarf was enough to them. Playing a simple attack and defend mode and a little kid on the defending team was hunkered down inside an old transit van. Along comes a guy not wearing face pro and for some reason, knowing someone is inside the van, decides to pop his head in the passenger window. Pretty much went down as you would expect, 2 front teeth shot out and screaming blue murder at this kid for "blind firing". 

Saw him back a few months later after spending over £300 on dentures, didn't bother spending the £15 on a face mask tho, still didn't wear one. 

There is no cure for stupid

A marshal at my local, having checked that every other skirmisher was wearing correct eye pro when leaving the safe area, failed to check himself and only noticed once he was about to call game on, a quarter of a mile from the safe area!

Im quite a newbie and I went to an event in Reading. Was having a great time till the last game. I was in a small tight room (literally 2m x 2m) and took out a few guys as they came in. No one came through the door for a few seconds and the next thing you know 2 grenades come through the door and I'm in the corner of the room sat down unable to get up. First one blows up and I call my hit, the second one landed on my feet and I couldn't hear anything. The second grenade goes off on my ankles and I thought "jesus christ, this is it for me" as I literally thought I broke my ankles or something. This was the first time I was ever hit by a grenade at this range and as a newbie I have never been so scared ever in my life. :P

• Supporters
2 hours ago, typefish said:

A marshal at my local, having checked that every other skirmisher was wearing correct eye pro when leaving the safe area, failed to check himself and only noticed once he was about to call game on, a quarter of a mile from the safe area!

lol, been there done that, I'm about ten minutes in to a game, thankfully hadn't come under fire, & I'm wearing ess v12 advancer goggles, the ones that have fast change individual lenses over each eye.

I remember thinking what a good job I'd done cleaning the lenses, not only were they crystal clear, they weren't misting up either, as I reach up to touch one of the lenses I promptly poke myself in the eye & exclaim "oh you stupid Cnut, you forgot yo put the lenses in".

what followed was an embarrassing walk back to the safezone with my hands over my eyes while trying to peek through my fingers.

Being a player marshal, there was a lot of pisstaking that day lol.

265x400px 12_24 KB See No Evil #441085.jpg

2 hours ago, Michael K said:

Im quite a newbie and I went to an event in Reading. Was having a great time till the last game. I was in a small tight room (literally 2m x 2m) and took out a few guys as they came in. No one came through the door for a few seconds and the next thing you know 2 grenades come through the door and I'm in the corner of the room sat down unable to get up. First one blows up and I call my hit, the second one landed on my feet and I couldn't hear anything. The second grenade goes off on my ankles and I thought "jesus christ, this is it for me" as I literally thought I broke my ankles or something. This was the first time I was ever hit by a grenade at this range and as a newbie I have never been so scared ever in my life. :P

First game was at Bunker 51, first and last time mind, BFG rolls next to me and pretty much the same thing. Thankfully I had ear pro (cheapy) on, but the next time I heard someone shout: “Grenade!”, a cold sweat went down my back. 

On 25/05/2019 at 20:52, Michael K said:

This was the first time I was ever hit by a grenade at this range and as a newbie I have never been so scared ever in my life. :P

Had one go off under my ass 1/10 would not do again. Hurt like a mother f, genuinely thought it had burnt me and my shorts 😭

17 hours ago, Huxley said:

Seen a bb go right through someone's ear, did suspect some of the hpa lads were running hot that day.

A hot HPA, never! 

We say that a player incident might one day bring us some terminal heat/attention, but some sites are just as bad. 

• 2 weeks later...

Once I was playing at a woodland site, it was my first ever time playing airsoft, It was for my birthday so I was dressed by the marshalls in some kind of pilot suit for catch the pilot (flight helmet, Flight Respirator, heavy harness buckle, and a baggy as all hell navy jumpsuit)

My friend allowed me to use his gun for the Day (ASG M15A4) which he'd bought brand new not even a week prior, gucci'd up with attachments and such,

a kind gesture from him as he couldn't make it for the day

Little old me was sprinting, it was near impossible to move because how baggy the legs were getting caught on my boots and shrubbery. 

I was at full sprint, my right foot kicked into a mound and it sent me flying forward a couple of feet landing flat on my face, all my weight fell onto the gun and snapped it clean in half.

I got up and looked, I thought, well, how do I explain this....

I'm never wearing that stupid baggy pilot shit again...received_464105307657439.thumb.jpeg.13848009b507000eee4fdbd09e293602.jpeg

On 25/05/2019 at 20:52, Michael K said:

I was at reading last year and I heard my teammates behind me screaming and running away, I turn around only to find a grenade next to my feet and... well I couldn't here for 30 mins. I now wear hearing protection and turns out that grenade was a friendly one that they botched but didn't think to let me know.

On 24/05/2019 at 11:32, Asomodai said:

Always baffled me this!!

As mentioned, all it takes is a sniper who didnt hear game over or a bod coming back from reloading at the safe zone or someone test firing outside the safe zone who sat out that game and its game over! 

At another EAG site, the now closed Epsom Tunnels we were in the safe zone with a few other players as our squad was knocked out like a couple of others so were re arming and sorting mags, when a couple  of player marshals come running through the safe zone, shooting at each other with pistols. Scared us shitless and it was late in the day so we packed up and left for the day.

We did go back but it was the sort of place you kept eye pro on just in case...

It was here one of my mates had a moscart in his pouch facing upwards..... You know the rest!!

--

The scariest things to happen to me are tame in comparrison to some things on here, At the Mall my mesh goggles were shot at from close range and I could feel something in my eye. This scared me so much.. Turned out the bb had dented the mesh and the paint had come off the rear and into my eye.

I also walked out to the DEA base at Airsoft plantation once, test firing on the way, laughing and joking on the long walk whilst others where shooting away.  Stood there listening to the brief and the marshal stopped halfway through to remind me to put my eye pro down from my hat over my eyes.. OOPS... I cant believe another player didn't spot or tell me though....

Two interesting occurrences from a milsim, firstly we had a pair of dogs appear on site and proceed to run round till caught finally found the owner at one of the FOBs they didn’t seem to care too much about where they were.

second incident from that event, a couple of the guys in my squad decided to swap weapons for a while we went for a Raid on the enemy fort which involved very close engagements (less than 5m) I got taken out by a lad hidden away and watched one of my team light up the guy full auto from a window not even 4m away, safe to say the poor guy was bleeding but no serious injuries. Everyone used their own weapons after that incident. 

Archived