Airsoft Horror stories

Solly4568
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What it says on the tin. Use this area for any stories related to Airsoft that keeps you up at night. Could be kit related or just people in general. For me it was a guy a while ago shooting his rifle at a friend IN THE SAFE ZONE. Genuinely scared the s*** out of me to think people can be that stupid. But hey I bet there are many stories on here that are much worse than mine. 

So lets here them 

• Supporters

Many years ago went to a wknd’er on Anglesey and some f**kwit thought it would be a good idea to gas up his moscarts then load them all whilst sitting cross legged on the floor of his tent , he only went and put the shell base down on too a stone under the ground sheet so when he was squeezing the last few BBs in to it it went off in his face at about 18inches distance ! Within less that a minute or two his face had swollen up so much he couldn’t open his eyes (AND luckily he Hadn't damaged his sight) but he did look like a patient from Greendays ‘basket case’ video !  

75D1BFD9-3BEF-4C02-A160-33D4DA8440FF.jpeg

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco

A year or so ago I rocked up to a private game with a friend, quite tired despite a good night's sleep and began getting kit ready.

I primed my BFG, screwed the cap w/ 9mm blank in, and then set the grenade down to look for the pin.

As soon as it left my hand I realised and thankfully was able to unscrew the cap quickly enough such that the blank didn't detonate. Oops!

Genuinely an unthinking moment, as I consider myself au fait with safety 100% normally. Knocked my confidence a little but thankfully one of those things that serves as a reminder going forward.

I was playing a game at Gunman Eversley (drug cartel vs border police) 

The game allowed us (border police) to capture members of the drug cartel and return them to our base for set questions in order to find the location of their drug labs to then assault. 

Anyway we've got five cartel members sat on the floor in front of us and we are each in turn asking them questions.

All of their weapons have been put aside, but one of the cartel members produces a BFG, which the team leader asks one of the younger lads to confiscate also... Thinking he was clever the guy holding the BFG has already pulled the pin, and is just holding the grenade! 

The young lad takes it from him and the drug cartel member starts laughing at him thinking he's clever in attempt at taking everyone out the game.

However all the lad does is just holds out the grenade at arms length in confusion directly in the face of the DC member! (bare in mind he's sat on the floor) 

It goes off right in his face and he falls back in shock, very lucky that he wasn't injured although I'd imagine a little deaf! 

I actually have video proof of this as my gopro was on at the time, I just cba to dig out the footage edit it and upload it. 

• Supporters

Grenades are tricky, once chucked a thunder b for a mate to throw, he decided not to throw it but the shock from the catch had slow punctured it and a minute later it went off in his hand. Fortunately thunder b's arent that damaging.

Same day poor chap got his tooth shot out.

Seen plenty of mags in/shooting in safe zones, generally i say to folk and they stop, but i have had folk try and argue they arent being dangerous. Worst case of that was i had a guy pull a 40mm pistol complete with 40-mike on me, fortunately i learned a long time ago to keep eye pro on in the safe zone.

Probably the scariest was seeing a rental kid lift his mask off to scratch his nose mid-game, sprinted over to cover his eyes and get him to put it back on but what was really worrying was how many people were still shooting at me while i was stood next to the kid.

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

Many years ago went to a wknd’er on Anglesey and some f**kwit thought it would be a good idea to gas up his moscarts then load them all whilst sitting cross legged on the floor of his tent , he only went and put the shell base down on too a stone under the ground sheet so when he was squeezing the last few BBs in to it it went off in his face at about 18inches distance ! Within less that a minute or two his face had swollen up so much he couldn’t open his eyes (AND luckily he Hadn't damaged his sight) but he did look like a patient from Greendays ‘basket case’ video ! 

I was wincing whilst reading this as I knew where it was going 😂

57 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

A year or so ago I rocked up to a private game with a friend, quite tired despite a good night's sleep and began getting kit ready.

I primed my BFG, screwed the cap w/ 9mm blank in, and then set the grenade down to look for the pin.

As soon as it left my hand I realised and thankfully was able to unscrew the cap quickly enough such that the blank didn't detonate. Oops!

Genuinely an unthinking moment, as I consider myself au fait with safety 100% normally. Knocked my confidence a little but thankfully one of those things that serves as a reminder going forward.

You must have been bloody quick as these have short fuses if it's similar to mine! 😂

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
13 minutes ago, BibbsOnTour said:

You must have been bloody quick as these have short fuses if it's similar to mine! 😂

Thankfully my BFG (It's a Swat VTG actually) hadn't been used in yonks so I had around 6-7 seconds to take action!

Nothing too horrific really but I saw one lad have his smoke grenade go off unexpectedly in his hand (happens to the best of us.) I think his glove took the brunt of the damage but it did draw a bit of blood and was probably quite sore!

Another which could have been worse but actually turned out quite funny was some random threw a smoke and it was a pretty shit throw so rather than going straight ahead towards the enemy it hit a tree, bounced off and landed on my mates shoulder who was about 10m in front of us. Landed right between his ear and stock of his aeg, (good catch) and his you saw the "hmm my shoulder is warm... oh shit what's that?!" thought process & panic as he flailed to get it off of him! Luckily no damage other than a blueish tint to his rig!

7 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Thankfully my BFG (It's a Swat VTG actually) hadn't been used in yonks so I had around 6-7 seconds to take action!

Yea same as mine! I might try that then cos mine is about 1.5 seconds with a push at the moment so usually bangs before it's even bloody reached the target!😂

• Supporters

Reading these has definitely opened the floodgates of incidents I’d forgotten about over the yrs from the lad who went to throw a smoke but changed his mind so stuck it in the back pocket of his combats , unfortunately for him there was already a striker in there that set off said smoke to then see an Irishman run screaming across the site heading for the stream with his arse spewing fourth purple smoke and flames ! 😱Not something you see every day ? 😉when I first started playing .

Right up to seeing a a guy on Sunday just gone hear a noise on the other side of the door he was about to breach chuck a TRMR around the door where it went off instantly to see one of our own team stagger out ears ringing and with a lovely burn mark and cracked seam on the fore grip of his new TM recoil G36 where the grenade had hit and detonated ! 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

Reading these has definitely opened the floodgates of incidents I’d forgotten about over the yrs from the lad who went to throw a smoke but changed his mind so stuck it in the back pocket of his combats , unfortunately for him there was already a striker in there that set off said smoke to then see an Irishman run screaming across the site heading for the stream with his arse spewing fourth purple smoke and flames ! 😱Not something you see every day ? 😉when I first started playing .

Right up to seeing a a guy on Sunday just gone hear a noise on the other side of the door he was about to breach chuck a TRMR around the door where it went off instantly to see one of our own team stagger out ears ringing and with a lovely burn mark and cracked seam on the fore grip of his new TM recoil G36 where the grenade had hit and detonated ! 

Oh it's like that is it, we're starting on the Irish 🍀 now...........oh my bad, pretty sure I aimed a few piss takes your way, usually involving sheep 😜, but in my defense, i think I only mentioned pretty sheep. 😏

I think we've all met that site idiot who stuffs numerous pyro in one pouch, crawls around on it, then wonders why it self ignites in said pouch, just another example of Darwins theory demonstrated in real life lol.

I remember marshaling one time and we had a group of regulars who never liked to wear face pro, a scarf was enough to them. Playing a simple attack and defend mode and a little kid on the defending team was hunkered down inside an old transit van. Along comes a guy not wearing face pro and for some reason, knowing someone is inside the van, decides to pop his head in the passenger window. Pretty much went down as you would expect, 2 front teeth shot out and screaming blue murder at this kid for "blind firing". 

Saw him back a few months later after spending over £300 on dentures, didn't bother spending the £15 on a face mask tho, still didn't wear one. 

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, Antny said:

I remember marshaling one time and we had a group of regulars who never liked to wear face pro, a scarf was enough to them. Playing a simple attack and defend mode and a little kid on the defending team was hunkered down inside an old transit van. Along comes a guy not wearing face pro and for some reason, knowing someone is inside the van, decides to pop his head in the passenger window. Pretty much went down as you would expect, 2 front teeth shot out and screaming blue murder at this kid for "blind firing". 

Saw him back a few months later after spending over £300 on dentures, didn't bother spending the £15 on a face mask tho, still didn't wear one. 

Sounds like he kinda brought that on himself.

Recall last time i was running cqb i'd forgotten my lower so took the risk and went without. There was a chap on the other team giving large about how he always went for headshots who mearly bricked it when he saw me.

Fortunately i've been very lucky and not had anything major, although i have had a couple of mates lose teeth to this hobby. But it's the gamble i choose to take.

It might just be me, but those of an Instagram disposition go to the page below and watch the indicated video. I think it’s pretty fucking stupid, considering it’s a marshal doing it as well 

6C5F26D1-3357-4830-9B0C-FFD94E071EEB.jpeg

Here's one for ya: happened to a close friend of mine, was playing a cqb game with a WE M9, and it was running smoothly until the slide jammed up about halfway through a cycle and the entire rear end of it blew off into his face, left a nasty bruise on his cheek. Trust WE for quality build!

• Supporters

At AP last year some time an acquaintance got a smoke grenade in his dump pouch from a total fluke throw, it lit and burnt through the bottom of his dump pouch.

However, from my position, it looked like his arse was on fire, he chuckled about it, but it did make me wonder. 

I changed from Mesh goggles to a Dye mask due to a sniper shooting from 10m behind cover hitting me dead in the bridge of my goggles with such force it made my ears ring. 

• Supporters
4 hours ago, E21A said:

It might just be me, but those of an Instagram disposition go to the page below and watch the indicated video. I think it’s pretty fucking stupid, considering it’s a marshal doing it as well 

6C5F26D1-3357-4830-9B0C-FFD94E071EEB.jpeg

For us non social media using Neanderthal’s what happened ? 

• Supporters

I fell down the back staircase in the chapel at ft. Amherst, on to a solid stone floor, stung a bit at the time but managed not to faceplant & spoil me dashing good looks 😉, couple of hours later my elbow was still stinging so I ask one of the other Marshalls to have a look as I can feel a lump but cant actually see what it is.

he has a look & then nearly pukes, when my elbow hit the floor it force a bb through the skin, but in doing so the hole was actually smaller than the circumference of the bb ?, so it wouldn't come out.

after some severe pushing & squeezing the little bugger shot with considerable force across the safezone, followed by a plume of blood, not exactly a serious injury but definitely not an everyday occurrence.

The game had stopped for a break and both teams told to sit in an open field, guns down and eye pro off if you wanted.

A kid aims his pistol at his mates face and pulls the trigger, no idea if there was a BB in it. Missed, empty, whatever, kid was fine.

Head Marshal goes nuts, big guy, drags said kid off for a word. End of the day he's put up to a fence, facing away from us, and the whole team lit him up for 3 secs on full auto.

I stood there but I couldn't pull the trigger. The pictures of his back made me feel sick, felt like a of a war crime.

Imagine seeing your kid like that. A day to forget tbh.

Just now, Seth_K said:

The game had stopped for a break and both teams told to sit in an open field, guns down and eye pro off if you wanted.

A kid aims his pistol at his mates face and pulls the trigger, no idea if there was a BB in it.

Head Marshal goes nuts, big guy, drags said kid off for a word. End of the day he's put up to a fence and the whole team lit him up for 3 secs on full auto.

I stood there but I couldn't pull the trigger. The pictures of his back made me feel sick, felt like a of a war crime.

Never understand the sites where marshals use punishments like this as your venturing outside of a game into a very gray area / physical & mental abuse (possibly breaking laws). Unless the victim agrees to said punishment, but then still its your own decision making which should tell you this is wrong (as I presum you probably thought and didnt pull the trigger).

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
22 minutes ago, Seth_K said:

A kid aims his pistol at his mates face and pulls the trigger, no idea if there was a BB in it. Missed, empty, whatever, kid was fine.

Head Marshal goes nuts, big guy, drags said kid off for a word. End of the day he's put up to a fence, facing away from us, and the whole team lit him up for 3 secs on full auto.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115ce7bad17a586a6145

• Supporters
37 minutes ago, shanerutter said:

Never understand the sites where marshals use punishments like this as your venturing outside of a game into a very gray area / physical & mental abuse (possibly breaking laws). Unless the victim agrees to said punishment, but then still its your own decision making which should tell you this is wrong (as I presum you probably thought and didnt pull the trigger).

yeah, definitely very dubious, especially as the word "kid" keeps being used ?.

me, id have prob banned him for the rest of the day, as it sounded like naive stupidity, & if he ever came back he'd get a bollocking before the safety briefing.

56 minutes ago, Seth_K said:

8899FEE2-9EE5-406F-9585-F9A19BDA8EF5.jpeg

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco

It's straight bullshit. Seth's expecting us to believe that a marshal is both simultaneously concerned about safety such that he'll bollock someone for using a RIF irresponsibly, but also make everyone sit down in the middle of a game, taking eyepro off if you want. Outside of the safe zone? I really, really, really doubt this happened.

If it did, name and shame.

3 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

make everyone sit down in the middle of a game, taking eyepro off if you want. Outside of the safe zone? I really, really, really doubt this happened.

Have seen this happen at EAG Dorking. One particular marshal said we could take our eyepro off on the skirmish field once the battle had ended.

Course I didn't. But many others did. 

Archived