Any horror stories about this? OAREA Tactical Protective PJ Helmet

Zerofuxx
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I like the idea of this Helmet it looks sturdy and breathable and tbh breathable is super important for me because damn I run hot! 

But before I buy it as anyone heard any horror stories or anything bad about it? 

Would love some advice 

Link is playing silly bollocks

http://OAREA Tactical Protective PJ Helmet G4 system GS Masks with Goggles For Military Airsoft Paintball Army WarGame Hunting https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07K6H45SD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_t1S5CbMC5FGM4

• Supporters
50 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Doesn't link to anything when clicked!

What he said ! 

• Moderators

@Zerofuxx

Can you edit your post so the link directs please, its been left blank

image.png.ba4fff8ad30d5202d9e4776a260a7cb2.png

i could guess but i don't think you mean these Helmets........:rolleyes:

• Supporters
37 minutes ago, djben9 said:

i could guess but i don't think you mean these Helmets........:rolleyes:

Nah this is the one he’s after ! 😈😂😂😂😂

1F2D1D66-CEF7-47B8-B83C-0A11F578D3E5.jpeg

• Moderators

funny as i had a ebay link for that one then went to amazon :)

assuming he's after a FAST helmet....?

• Supporters

Nothing faster than a unicorn 🦄!

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, E21A said:

Except Chuck Norris 😉

Yeah there is, Chuck Norris riding a unicorn, preferably while dual wielding a pair of mac-10's

anybody else got wood ?, or is that just me 🤤

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07K6H45SD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_t1S5CbMC5FGM4

Link doesn't work still so here it is ^^^

From my perspective it's an immediate no-go for the reason here:

image.png.012a230a2f7e9ab1ce6643579ce513c6.png

Not nearly good enough for me to invest in eye protection. For a start, FPS can jump above 420 if you're going up against people with a DMR locked to semi, or using a bolt action. So immediately you know this isn't going to protect your eyes - the most important area to protect - which is enough to say "no thanks". It doesn't mention what weight BBs they were using for testing, joule rating etc, number of BBs before failure etc.

What you should consider - do you even need/want a helmet at this stage? Don't get carried away with looking the part this quickly, after a few games you'll know the direction you want to take after you've seen a variety of people with different kit etc (iirc you've only gone to one game thus far)

Whatever you decide to do with regard to the helmet - DON'T SKIMP ON EYEPRO - Whatever eyepro you're buying should be rated to a sufficient standard. I can't remember the rating systems used nowadays but someone else will be able to pop in and cite what you need.

Good luck!

4 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Only 420 fps ?
Hell no!
Stay well clear.
What if you accidentally walk across a team mate with a 500fps sniper at 10m and get one in the eye?
Nope, nope and thrice nope...

Okay I'm glad I asked about this then because it has really good reviews on YouTube and I would have bought it based on that. 

13 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07K6H45SD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_t1S5CbMC5FGM4

Link doesn't work still so here it is ^^^

Not nearly good enough for me to invest in eye protection. For a start, FPS can jump above 420 if you're going up against people with a DMR locked to semi, or using a bolt action. So immediately you know this isn't going to protect your eyes - the most important area to protect - which is enough to say "no thanks". It doesn't mention what weight BBs they were using for testing, joule rating etc, number of BBs before failure etc.

What you should consider - do you even need/want a helmet at this stage? Don't get carried away with looking the part this quickly, after a few games you'll know the direction you want to take after you've seen a variety of people with different kit etc (iirc you've only gone to one game thus far)

Whatever you decide to do with regard to the helmet - DON'T SKIMP ON EYEPRO - Whatever eyepro you're buying should be rated to a sufficient standard. I can't remember the rating systems used nowadays but someone else will be able to pop in and cite what you need.

Good luck!

As for wanting a helmet I 100% want one because at my first ever game I got clocked in the for head by a BAR at 10feet (somebody no following rules) 

AND other suggestions the main thing for me is a run hot as hell and I know most Goggles will steam up but I literally could see nothing last game I played haha

22 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

Only 420 fps ?
Hell no!
Stay well clear.
What if you accidentally walk across a team mate with a 500fps sniper at 10m and get one in the eye?
Nope, nope and thrice nope...

Don't know if this makes a difference I am very new but other sites say its rated 420fps at 5feet?? Thanks for the advice thus far. 

• Supporters

I’ve actually had one and it wasn’t that bad , BUT I did change the lense on it as the one that came fitted I found had a too restrictive vision due to its size so I took out the old one and made a new one from a motorbike visor a few inches bigger .

Just now, Druid799 said:

I’ve actually had one and it wasn’t that bad , BUT I did change the lense on it as the one that came fitted I found had a too restrictive vision due to its size so I took out the old one and made a new one from a motorbike visor a few inches bigger .

I see. Tbh restricted vision is better than blind like I play currently 😂 I'm a little worried about the lense now though. Other sites do say it's 420fps at 5 foot but I dunno if that changes anything. I do want full face though I'm pretty sure of that. 

2 hours ago, Zerofuxx said:

Don't know if this makes a difference I am very new but other sites say its rated 420fps at 5feet?? Thanks for the advice thus far. 

IMHO nope. Still not good enough.
500 fps is generally the max fps allowed on a UK site.
However, you could still get people going over that - so as a minimum, you want something rated 500 fps.
Although, thinking about it - it doesn't say what the projectile is that it's rated 420 fps for... If it's a .2g BB, that's bad - If it's a .5g BB, that's good and should be sufficient.

If you want a good helmet and face mask combination, then look for a dyei4 / fast helmet combo. I run hot and use those and it works a treat. If you run really hot, you can get a fan that works inside the mask as well (a few people on here use the fans, so they might chime in too...).

26 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

IMHO nope. Still not good enough.
500 fps is generally the max fps allowed on a UK site.
However, you could still get people going over that - so as a minimum, you want something rated 500 fps.
Although, thinking about it - it doesn't say what the projectile is that it's rated 420 fps for... If it's a .2g BB, that's bad - If it's a .5g BB, that's good and should be sufficient.

If you want a good helmet and face mask combination, then look for a dyei4 / fast helmet combo. I run hot and use those and it works a treat. If you run really hot, you can get a fan that works inside the mask as well (a few people on here use the fans, so they might chime in too...).

Great amount of information here mate greatly appreciate it!!!
I would absolutely love the dyei4 but it is very expensive. Might just have to save up and get it. (That is if i'm looking at the correct model haha)
Also is the dyei5 much different?

1 hour ago, Prisce said:

Dye i4 mask is £55 from BZ paintball. Very reasonable.

Damn dude it's like £100 everywhere else!!! Bargain! You seen the dye i5s any cheaper by chance? 

1 hour ago, Prisce said:

Also can't find it on that site at £55 got a link? 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Prisce said:

Not anymore bud cheapest now is the ‘Rasta’ and that’s £70 ☹️

Can only speak from personal experience and not ‘proper’ testing but I did take a burst from some twat running a hpa rig set to ‘fucking ridiculously RPS’ at about the 15ft mark to the face and the lenses showed not obvious damage at all so take what you will from this ? 👍

9 hours ago, Zerofuxx said:

Great amount of information here mate greatly appreciate it!!!
I would absolutely love the dyei4 but it is very expensive. Might just have to save up and get it. (That is if i'm looking at the correct model haha)
Also is the dyei5 much different?

The dye i5 has integral mounts for go pro - other than that all I Can see is a much higher price tag!
The cheapest place for the i4, as @Prisce said is BZ paintball - and the rasta has a cool paintjob.
Plus they do extra lenses for 10% off iirc.
They might not be the cheapest eye pro - BUT - can you put a price on being able to see your opponent without steam clogged vision?

7 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Not anymore bud cheapest now is the ‘Rasta’ and that’s £70 ☹️

Can only speak from personal experience and not ‘proper’ testing but I did take a burst from some twat running a hpa rig set to ‘fucking ridiculously RPS’ at about the 15ft mark to the face and the lenses showed not obvious damage at all so take what you will from this ? 👍

That's always good to know. 

3 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

The dye i5 has integral mounts for go pro - other than that all I Can see is a much higher price tag!
The cheapest place for the i4, as @Prisce said is BZ paintball - and the rasta has a cool paintjob.
Plus they do extra lenses for 10% off iirc.
They might not be the cheapest eye pro - BUT - can you put a price on being able to see your opponent without steam clogged vision?

The Rasta is cool but would stick out like a sore thumb haha. Also I've been looking at the difference and it's surprisingly a few bits have changed. 

1. More secure lens (but they take the same lens) 

2.go Pro mount

3. Quick release foam (no gluing needed) 

4. Ratchet strap 

The i5 is hella sexy tbh but I'll be going to show to look at both and let you know if it's worth the extra £60

Archived