UKARA Requirements

BooolZay
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I’m just getting to know the air soft world so my knowledge is very low on it. However I know to buy air soft weapons without the two tone u need ukara registration, which says u have to play 3 times at a ukara registered site.

So my question was do I have to play 3 times every month? Or just once? And if every month then would participating any less than 3 times b an issue?

TIA!

New to this myself, but the way I understand it you have to play 3 times in a 56 day period, with at least 56 days between the first and 3rd time. Wealth of information on it in the 'UK Law' forum section, Popular UKARA questions is the sticky.

To quote;

To qualify as an airsoft skirmisher you must be a regular player at that game site having attended not less than 3 times in not less than 2 months and no more than 12 months.

Need to make sure the site is UKARA registered, I believe most sites will need you to register as a member there to be able to apply for it.

Just to clarify one point it has to be 3 games at the same site in 56 days 

• Head Moderator

Site membership is the valid defence, being registered on the UKARA database is an extra. There are many players who do not bother with UKARA, I did not in my first year, they get their site membership and then go into a shop and buy their RIF(s).  Having a UKARA number is more useful when buying from a shop online, especially if outside the UK because it helps stop border force seizing the imported gun. The UKARA is valid for only one year, each airsoft site is different on how they renew membership. Once you have played your number of qualifying games in time period, then aftwards you can play as much or as little as you like, there is no set number of skirmishes you need to play every month.

Archived