AEG hop up unit on a Vz 61 AEP gearbox?

SkywardSoul117
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Due to stores not getting back to me about parts for a while, and now finding out that it'll be several weeks before I can even start the custom project I've been looking at, I've moved my focus to a new project for now. Basically looking at making a Halo M7 SMG from scratch using AEP internals. 

I've been looking at buying an AEP gearbox from a JG VZ.61 from airsoftworld.net. I can buy the body along with that for £20 to get the hopup and barrel. This limits me to a non standard AEP hop-up which is hard to find parts or replacements etc for. This made me think whether it would be possible (ignoring compatibility with bodywork etc) to use a standard AEG (probably M4) hop up unit. I don't actually have the gearbox, so the best I can do is looking at videos and pictures, which don't help much. Assuming I can make a body which holds the two together, would this be possible? I don't know how big the nozzle is for the GB unfortunately. 

Any thoughts appreciated. Cheers. 

Guest Yukarin

Well you would have to find out the length of the AEP nozzle beforehand, then find a hop up unit suitable first, and possible machine down accordingly. Also given the FPS AEP gearboxes give out, theres nothing wrong with using an AEP hop unit, as the fps is so low you shouldn't really bother with a BB any higher than 0.25g BB. Theres a few aftermarket buckings and AEP hop units out there so there are still options.

I think what I'll do for now is buy the body as well, (includes the fire selector which I don't understand fully how it works with this GB) then if I want I can modify it to work with an AEG hop later on if I want. It's mostly for the compatibility rather than performance with higher weight BBs. So far from a bit of googling, I can barely find anything which isn't extortionately expensive. 

Archived