G&g gear box problems

Pedro_pony_airsoft
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone, relativly new to airsoft and this forum and i was wondering where the best place to send a g&g v2 gearbox to get fixed. Basically i had an airleak so changed cylynder head and nozzle but not matter how many hours (about 100 so far) i can not shim the gearbox correctly. Ive tried every method i.e starting with pinion to bevel etc but to no avail. I contacted one company and they wanted £80 labour, £10.99 return postage plus price of parts. Seeing as the raider can be bought for £130 at the moment my question is, does anyone know of a decent tech that wont cost me more to shim and re wire a gearbox then buying a whole new gun. Many thanks and sorry if i posted in wrong area

• Supporters

You could just buy a whole new drop in box, i beleive the forum favourite supplier is ak2m4

Other than that i'd say just keep persisting and learning the way to do it. Once you've got the hang of teching its a great boon to owning these things, or indeed buying secondhand confident in your skills to fix many of the niggles that put off other buyers.

Thanks alotfor tge reply, the weird thing is i shimmed mu specna and king arms easily, but this g&g just wont have it, either too tight or too loose, even boight 4 packs of g&g shims so i could use all the .1mm shims and adjust each gear only using them, stil didnt help

Archived