You probably just weren't hitting them -_-

Luke85
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Does anyone else hate been told this, or is it just me? Don't get me wrong, it certainly applies sometime, especially for newer players who still cant quite understand why that guy wasn't calling his hits when they had him right in their cross hairs at 80m with their rental gun 🙄

But its a bit more annoying to be told that when you've just been shooting at a guy 30m away, a range at which you know your gun can group shots within an inch or two. The "You probably weren't hitting them" line can become a bit frustrating then.

• Supporters

It does annoy me, although there is a cutoff point where you do have to think "eh, i could be off".

But in so many cases you can literally see your rounds making an impact, that phrase certainly gets annoying then.

One thing i have noticed is that on days where everyone on the field has been a straight honest player my average engagement distance tends to increase dramatically.

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

One thing i have noticed is that on days where everyone on the field has been a straight honest player my average engagement distance tends to increase dramatically.

Yep, couldn't agree more.

• Supporters

Me, two weeks ago: "Blue 22 is in God Mode."

Marshall: "Are you sure you were hitting him?"

Me: "I was 20 feet away and bouncing tracers off of him."

Marshall: [Puts out the call for a test shot]

Mmmm, tracers.

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Mmmm, tracers.

Me: "this guy doesnt want to take his .4g medicine delivery, eh i'll just shoot the guy beside him"

Guy beside him "hit" (expression reads along the lines of how did he shoot that far!?)

Me: "well i know my gun's working"

Me marshal standing next to prone player to his mates "i must have hit him" not i did hit him. for the record he wasn't even close. I have being playing for 20 years marshalling for about 10. 90% of the time people are missing and if they report none hit takers most of the time they can't even give a good description of the offender. 

3 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Mmmm, tracers.

tracers are the best only way i see where my shots are going

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, BigStew said:

if they report none hit takers most of the time they can't even give a good description of the offender

Blue, 22, red DYE i4, tan G36, Glasgow Warriors black t-shirt, sponsored by BT Sport and Scottish Power.

(Sponsoring Glasgow Warriors, not him, I presume ;))

When giving your description just remember your A-H. 😜😊

2 hours ago, BigStew said:

most of the time they can't even give a good description of the offender. 

Fat and multicam with mesh?

The depot has a decent system with numbers but once again you have to be close enough to actually read the number.

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Me: "this guy doesnt want to take his .4g medicine delivery, eh i'll just shoot the guy beside him"

Guy beside him "hit" (expression reads along the lines of how did he shoot that far!?)

Me: "well i know my gun's working"

You absolute god like hero of an airsofter you..........

17 hours ago, Luke85 said:

Does anyone else hate been told this, or is it just me? Don't get me wrong, it certainly applies sometime, especially for newer players who still cant quite understand why that guy wasn't calling his hits when they had him right in their cross hairs at 80m with their rental gun 🙄

But its a bit more annoying to be told that when you've just been shooting at a guy 30m away, a range at which you know your gun can group shots within an inch or two. The "You probably weren't hitting them" line can become a bit frustrating then.

Even at 30m and being a "seasoned" airsofter you'd be surprised at how many people cant hit a target when the adrenaline is up etc. Any number of factors can come into play. Not calling you a liar but yo'd be surprised what as a marshal you see sometimes. Even at 10m I've seen people miss. Problem I find is when I get players say things like... my guns upgraded so I must have hit them, I have a scope so I must have hit them, this is a "insert whatever brand you like" so I must have hit them etc etc

Can I add an amusing response?..I will.

A couple of weeks ago I was playing and a player was getting very verbal with me (aprrox 30 m away),I found it quite embarrasing if I'm honest as I was standing in the open and I could see he was gesturing at me and pointing his weapon in my direction.I hit him and he immediatley respawned and returned to repeat the scenario.I called a marshall over to highlight the issue,who contacted another marshall nearer the player to tell them they weren't getting even close.

After the game I approached the player and asked what he was shouting about(non-aggressive genuine enquiry),he replied that he had purchased an new gun and now had realised it wasn't performing as he expected and had wondered why a few of us "weren't taking our hits"..the punchline.." I shouldn't be reacting like that I'm a Buddist"....genuine...😊

This is why I have player marshals and all marshals carry a RIF, any reports of non hit taking are tested no matter what usually with a sniper at distance or a MK23, its easier just to test each one than try to guess which ones might hit and which ones were stopped by bushes. Also a zero tolerance approach here helps, very strict about it and people know at the beginning of the day we dont mess around with the rules so people start as they intend to continue

18 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Blue, 22, red DYE i4, tan G36, Glasgow Warriors black t-shirt, sponsored by BT Sport and Scottish Power.

(Sponsoring Glasgow Warriors, not him, I presume ;))

Need more players that can do this. "What were they wearing? camo! I mean what type? Green! Ok what kind of gun? Black! Ok we'll be on the look out if you see them point then out to a Marshall."

• Supporters
4 hours ago, BigStew said:

"What were they wearing? camo! I mean what type? Green! Ok what kind of gun? Black!

Heh, they were doing the "We need more than 'That guy in camo with an M4" speech at the Depot a few games back, and waved vaguely at me by way of indication.  Then realised that I was the only one there wearing fetching head to ankle tan, with the only MP5K toy gun.  "OK, bad example..."  :D

On 29/05/2019 at 07:49, Steveocee said:

Very annoying statement to be told especially when you see them snapping their necks in recoil from taking a shot to the head.

"But he flinched!" Ah yes because when you suddenly see someone or something you wouldn't react and it must definitely be a hit that caused it

5 hours ago, Aengus said:

"But he flinched!" Ah yes because when you suddenly see someone or something you wouldn't react and it must definitely be a hit that caused it

^^ this...

Ive seen many a sniper take a shot only for them to hit a twig or a barrier etc and the target they were aiming at jerk back as if they have been hit but its just a gut reaction to move quickly out the way... again not saying anyone is a liar but there are so many factors as to why people behave the way they do and its not just being hit.

I've had times in games where I've been stood out in the open, well in range of someone, they've been shooting at me and not a single one has landed, a bit like the scene in Pulp Fiction when a guy pops up and unloads a gun at Jules and Vincent and misses completely - a bit surreal to be honest.

I wasn't even wearing a vest of any kind either, just running round with an M4 and a hi cap.

On the other hand, I've felt hits when I've been inside buildings and it's been 50/50 as to it being a genuine shot or a ricochet, called it as hit anyway.

I never understand people not calling their hits, you're back in game in no time anyway so I don't see the point.

My favourite was a guy unloading at me through trees as I was running perpendicular to him complaining that "you can't outrun a BB" after he completely failed to hit me and I took him out.

23 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

My favourite was a guy unloading at me through trees as I was running perpendicular to him complaining that "you can't outrun a BB" after he completely failed to hit me and I took him out.

And the fact that you very easily can if someones shooting perpendicular to you from anything more than 15 metres.

It is annoying especially when you see the bb bounce off them and they flinch through my scope

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

So todays fun i think could be called "the hubris of the long range dancer"

Or what happens when you wave at people who cant reach you, then shoot them because you can reach them.

Got called out for apparently not taking hits, and whilst granted i'll openly admit the probability of the odd round bouncing off and not being felt/heard, i do try my best.

Guess its interesting seeing the transition, times were i'd have made the same mistake, now i'm seeing the other side of it.

21 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

So todays fun i think could be called "the hubris of the long range dancer"

Or what happens when you wave at people who cant reach you, then shoot them because you can reach them.

Got called out for apparently not taking hits, and whilst granted i'll openly admit the probability of the odd round bouncing off and not being felt/heard, i do try my best.

Guess its interesting seeing the transition, times were i'd have made the same mistake, now i'm seeing the other side of it.

Been there. Apparently people don't like it when you outrange their £500+ Tokyo marui that they're running .2s in, especially when you do it with a smile on your face.

Archived