Jump to content
ZakLav-

Maple leaf yellow

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.

Recommended Posts

Im interested in changing my bucking, hop up and barrel to increase accuracy and ive heard good things about maple leaf buckings so i wanted to check which colour would be best as they are for different temperatures,  i play in the UK so the yellow macaron seemed like a good choice. i plan to pair it with a prowin chamber. can anyone offer some insight or tell me how well this would work? thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Add an omega nub as well and you’ll be golden, works very well. Make sure you’re using .30 BBs as well. 

 

Yellow, or 60°, is a good choice. I tried the 50° (green) for a while but have since switched back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, E21A said:

Add an omega nub as well and you’ll be golden, works very well. Make sure you’re using .30 BBs as well. 

 

Yellow, or 60°, is a good choice. I tried the 50° (green) for a while but have since switched back. 

 The Yellow one is the 60 i think, it comes with a concave nub would that be sufficient? also im going to run .25s for now so would this still work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is yea. Comes with a nub? Where’s that from? 

 

.25 will be ok, .30 will be better. Not much more cost either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, E21A said:

It is yea. Comes with a nub? Where’s that from? 

 

.25 will be ok, .30 will be better. Not much more cost either. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Maple-Leaf-Macaron-Hop-Bucking-50-60-70-75-80-Omega-Nub-Airsoft-AEG-/322773517760 Didnt realise it was an omega nub anyways aha, just think the .30s will drop my fps a bit much. Any reccomendations on hop up unit or will the pro win be adequate? Also have you any experience with ZCI barrels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ZCI barrels are superb for the price.

Far better than the aluminium coated barrels like the madbulls. Not as good as the likes of PDI. For the money, the ZCI is an easy recommendation.

There is also the lambda 03. It's a little more than the ZCI. It does, however, come lapped internally. 

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/inner-barrels


ML buckings are good.

I'm having a Prometheus purple phase ATM.  Also a very good bucking. It's cheaper as it comes with a standard nub. It's also closer to stock dimensions the ML buckings can sometimes have problems with smaller inner barrel windows.

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/hop-up-buckings-nubs

As for where to buy. You are right looking at @ak2m4 His shop sells no-nonsense upgrades, Without the markup. Most of my guns have parts in from him.

Be careful with hop unit upgrades. We had a gun just last week that flat out refused to shoot. Umarex/VFc 416 ,13:1 gears, HT motor, Prowin hop. We tried 3 different air nozzles on the gearbox and it would refuse to feed on everyone. We dropped back in the stock polycarb hop unit and it shot perfectly. Same bucking and barrel. Absolutely no reason for that hop unit to be causing problems, It's visually perfect.

 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZakLav- said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Maple-Leaf-Macaron-Hop-Bucking-50-60-70-75-80-Omega-Nub-Airsoft-AEG-/322773517760 Didnt realise it was an omega nub anyways aha, just think the .30s will drop my fps a bit much. Any reccomendations on hop up unit or will the pro win be adequate? Also have you any experience with ZCI barrels

 

Youll be set with omega nub then. 

 

Bah! FPS isn’t the be all and end all. You’ll get better range and accuracy from .3 over .25 anyway. 

 

Ive been using a pro win style hop from @ak2m4, been working well for me. I needed to sand the feed lip down on the bucking to get it to feed properly though. It’s easily done. 

 

Again, I use zci barrels in all my AEGs, very good for the money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, E21A said:

Ive been using a pro win style hop


This was a real one. We didn't sand the lips. I'll pass on the information about that tho.

The bucking was a madbull, so chances are it was the lips. It wasn't a critical build we were just playing with the 416, it hasn't been used in game for several years, my shooting partner always goes for the same 3 guns. King arms SLR, G&G L85, or his AK. I can't actually remember the last time we even took the 416. He has more guns than sense. So provided the top 3 are running the rest are wall hangers to him. I'm no better, it's taken me several years to get the motivation to sort my own M4 out,  And I still doubt I'll be dropping it in a bag to game with.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iceni said:

ZCI barrels are superb for the price.

Far better than the aluminium coated barrels like the madbulls. Not as good as the likes of PDI. For the money, the ZCI is an easy recommendation.

There is also the lambda 03. It's a little more than the ZCI. It does, however, come lapped internally. 

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/inner-barrels


ML buckings are good.

I'm having a Prometheus purple phase ATM.  Also a very good bucking. It's cheaper as it comes with a standard nub. It's also closer to stock dimensions the ML buckings can sometimes have problems with smaller inner barrel windows.

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/hop-up-buckings-nubs

As for where to buy. You are right looking at @ak2m4 His shop sells no-nonsense upgrades, Without the markup. Most of my guns have parts in from him.

Be careful with hop unit upgrades. We had a gun just last week that flat out refused to shoot. Umarex/VFc 416 ,13:1 gears, HT motor, Prowin hop. We tried 3 different air nozzles on the gearbox and it would refuse to feed on everyone. We dropped back in the stock polycarb hop unit and it shot perfectly. Same bucking and barrel. Absolutely no reason for that hop unit to be causing problems, It's visually perfect.

 


 

sorry i'm new to tech work what is a lapped barrel and how significant is this? so if my hop up is fine there is no point in upgrading it? also i've noticed the arm has a little bit of play side to side but i'm not sure on how to shim it thats why i was looking for a new chamber oh and also i wanted a rotary style for better incremental adjustments.

 

Also referring to the feed lip, sorry for the stupid question i'm not sure whether they are internal to the bucking or if its just the edge of the bucking where the BB's feed into

 

Thanks for the help its very much appreciated 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ZakLav- said:

 so if my hop up is fine there is no point in upgrading it? also i've noticed the arm has a little bit of play side to side but i'm not sure on how to shim it thats why i was looking for a new chamber oh and also i wanted a rotary style for better incremental adjustments.

 

Theres no harm in getting the hop unit. You’ll probably find there is side to side movement in most hop unit arms, this can be shimmed out using AEG gearbox shims. 

 

6 hours ago, ZakLav- said:

 

Also referring to the feed lip, sorry for the stupid question i'm not sure whether they are internal to the bucking or if its just the edge of the bucking where the BB's feed into

 

Its the end/edge of the bucking that the BBs feed in to. Fit the bucking to the barrel and draw it back and forth across some sandpaper a few times and then check it. You don’t want to remove too much. If you do go for these parts i’m happy to help you with this, I’ve done it a few times now. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've found the maple leaf aeg hops do have longer feed lips, great for air seal (and hence accuracy) godawful for reliable feeding.

 

I've become a convert to the pdi w-hop, got one of those with a standard nub in a pro-win and pdi 6.01 barrel. Drop some geoff's .4's in that and you'll be golden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, E21A said:

 

i’m happy to help you with this, I’ve done it a few times now. 

 

 

Im going to order them in a couple days when i get paid, get ready for 1000 messages when i install it 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ZakLav- said:

Im going to order them in a couple days when i get paid, get ready for 1000 messages when i install it 😂

 

No worries, just PM me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, E21A said:

 

No worries, just PM me. 

 will do cheers for the help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ZakLav- said:

just think the .30s will drop my fps a bit much

 

They'll come out of the barrel with much the same energy, and go further because of the magic-maths of squared air resistance versus cubed volume.

 

Caveat: if you can hop the heavier BB.  Which you should be able to with that setup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

 

They'll come out of the barrel with much the same energy, and go further because of the magic-maths of squared air resistance versus cubed volume.

 

Caveat: if you can hop the heavier BB.  Which you should be able to with that setup.

 

Yep.

 

Less velocity means less drag for the same energy, slows down less rapidly, use that magic magnus force to make up the difference via lift and it spends more time in the zone where the lift takes effect.

 

Only downside to running good quality heavy weight ammo is its cost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

 

Only downside to running good quality heavy weight ammo is its cost.

 

Im going to be putting this to the test over the next couple of months. Always run my m4 on .25 but now switched to .30 (both asg blaster) and going to see if the £3 a bottle is really noticeable. I’m guessing/hoping that better range etc from .3 will mean less shots fired overall, negating the cost increase. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, E21A said:

 

Im going to be putting this to the test over the next couple of months. Always run my m4 on .25 but now switched to .30 (both asg blaster) and going to see if the £3 a bottle is really noticeable. I’m guessing/hoping that better range etc from .3 will mean less shots fired overall, negating the cost increase. 

 

Its a slippery slope my freind, .3's are ok but soon you'll be wanting more.

 

Interestingly once you use geoff's above .36g you gun will start making a cher-ching noise instead of it's usual pew ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

 

Its a slippery slope my freind, .3's are ok but soon you'll be wanting more.

 

Good job I’m as tight as a ducks arse then! 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, E21A said:

 

Good job I’m as tight as a ducks arse then! 😂

 

Give it time, once .3's becomes the norm then you want more.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...