Project Glock SMG

Delgado900
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

so i dunno if this has come up before but I’ve been thinking about making a glock “SMG” without using a Roni etc.

so today I sketched up a couple of options (not to scale) 

Both options are the same except the stock which I’m not sold on.

Glock 18c with RMR pref raised rear and front sight- seen a kit stock situation now great. SAS front kit to take strain off of the free floating barrel and osprey supressor, want to change the hop to maple leaf and get a longer internal barrel 180mm crazy jet. Obviously FPS limits may stop this.

slong kit mounted to the SAS kit with the hand guard cut off and sanded for spare mags. 

Second stock option uses an m4 buffer tube and stock so sling mount is easy enough. Option 1 not so sure on.

is my plan crazy? Would be good to hear people’s feedback 😂😂😂

9A770D08-C8BE-4C63-8A9D-7D9F1D8E0271.jpeg

• Supporters

I'd expect the stock to be wobbly, but it'll be better than trying to aim without.

Not sure how well the gas will last with an rmr. If it were me i'd skip the front magwell (as much as it makes it look like a dahl pistol from borderlands) and go for a front mounted rail for the red dot.

Sas kit is a good shout for the suppressor- keep as much weight off the action as you can.

Longer barrel will push your fps up, i'd stick to stock length if you haven't got the headroom with the limit to play with. Length doesnt affect accuracy so much anyway.

25 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Option 1 is the winner. I've fancied doing the same thing actually with the slong kit and the skeleton stock.

It’s all because of my weird obsession with ospreys this idea has spawned 🤦🏽‍♂️

25 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I'd expect the stock to be wobbly, but it'll be better than trying to aim without.

Not sure how well the gas will last with an rmr. If it were me i'd skip the front magwell (as much as it makes it look like a dahl pistol from borderlands) and go for a front mounted rail for the red dot.

Sas kit is a good shout for the suppressor- keep as much weight off the action as you can.

Longer barrel will push your fps up, i'd stick to stock length if you haven't got the headroom with the limit to play with. Length doesnt affect accuracy so much anyway.

Ideally would need to check the weight of an RMR as I currently don’t own one. 

This is all planning stages to be honest I know my G17 kicks out 315ish so I don’t have that much wiggle room really. My main concern with this whole project is range really, is it actually worth trying to make a “SMG” out of a glock or is this just something I will look at and be like “wow that’s cool” 

6 minutes ago, LVOA-D said:

@Delgado900 Is this to your liking perhaps?

CB109A5E-D174-4983-BCEB-37859A106738.jpeg

Hmmmm it’s cool, but the problem with these kits seems you can’t easily put a supressor on and hence the reason for the SAS kit to take the strain off the barrel slide and frame. This is why I have strayed from the Roni kits 

@E21A yeah man, would prob look at buying a clone of one! 

here’s some closer images 

F7DE13E0-2D96-4481-A763-0E93165A9454.jpeg

DC1A813F-E18A-4993-9980-5EBCEE79F5A0.jpeg

@E21A it’s nice, but mega pricey and so new to the market I doubt any cheaper airsoft made products are out there. This was my original thought a couple weeks back 

Don’t forget G18’s are notorious for eating sears, so whatever you build it won’t work as well or reliably as a real SMG

Cool as F though of course 😊

Don’t forget G18’s are notorious for eating sears, so whatever you build it won’t work as well or reliably as a real SMG

Cool as F though of course 😊

I’m leaving this here, just in case

http://www.rhinoairsoft.com/details.asp?ProdId=MP-FPG-KIT&cat=8

Just now, Delgado900 said:

@rocketdogbert sears? 

Someone was selling one one of those in the classifieds the other week

If you don’t know what sears are, you will soon with G18 lol.

Basically the control mechanism

in the gun that defines if it’s single shot or auto.

Generally potmetal in pistol’s, and will wear fairly fast. Not too much of an issue if you only intend to use the gun in auto mode I suppose, unless the wear in the pistol gets bad enough that a single trigger pull empties the mag lol 

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Delgado900 said:

@E21A it’s nice, but mega pricey and so new to the market I doubt any cheaper airsoft made products are out there. This was my original thought a couple weeks back 

Ironic, as the original "stabilising brace" (not a stock, honest...) was developed using an airsoft toy.

So your looking to do something like this ? This is sort of why I got my Glock for cqb

I added the sas kit on the first one so you can see roughly what you will have to deal with if you want to run them together , I prefer to run it without as the suppressor is 3d printed so light weight

1A638FE9-D4A0-4E38-B2C7-DB0B3B50BDFB.jpeg

798F2326-AE47-4D1D-916A-9788650B8948.jpeg

F537BE71-2005-4A7E-AF86-B42DC71E291D.jpeg

5 hours ago, Supermoose said:

So your looking to do something like this ? This is sort of why I got my Glock for cqb

I added the sas kit on the first one so you can see roughly what you will have to deal with if you want to run them together , I prefer to run it without as the suppressor is 3d printed so light weight

1A638FE9-D4A0-4E38-B2C7-DB0B3B50BDFB.jpeg

798F2326-AE47-4D1D-916A-9788650B8948.jpeg

F537BE71-2005-4A7E-AF86-B42DC71E291D.jpeg

Do you find that the supressor uses more gas? I ran my osprey on my 17 and found it was cycling slower due to the weight on the barrel and would keep firing with an empty mag as it would tip the barrel down! That’s so helpful for my plans, those magplates are awesome! Do they have a whole for the gas valve or do you have to put them on after you fill them? 

3 hours ago, Delgado900 said:

Do you find that the supressor uses more gas? I ran my osprey on my 17 and found it was cycling slower due to the weight on the barrel and would keep firing with an empty mag as it would tip the barrel down! That’s so helpful for my plans, those magplates are awesome! Do they have a whole for the gas valve or do you have to put them on after you fill them? 

The suppressor didn't really affect my gas performance because its 3d printed and only filled with foam (well it did have foam in it it has gone awol now) so it was very very light so doesn't affect the barrel to much to make it noticeable. I would run the front kit if i had a heavy one as like you say it adds drag.

The mag plates don't have a hole in the bottom for filling because of the loop, you could drill one in but you will need a long nozzle on you gas can, they are easy to get off by pulling down on the mag spring.
They have some advantages as they do do protect your gas valve on the mag from dirt clogging, and help you get the mags out of pouches or the mag well if they dont drop out on there own.

Archived