Site legal CO2 sidearm

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Is there such a thing?

After my lovely gas HK45 deciding to vent after 5 shots (and as a result me getting well and truly slotted), I'm thinking of moving to a co2 sidearm.
The only problem I can see is that when I've looked at them before, they seem to run a little hot.
For example,  I was going to buy a lovely 2011 SAI from RDB, but it was 350 on .25s, so I couldn't have it 😞 
I had a co2 magged CZSP01 shadow - but it blew up.
And yes, I could run my mk23. But I don't want to all the time...
So - any suggestions for a co2, decent, reliable, sub 350fps on .2 (or 1.14J) sidearm please?

MHMMMMMMM. You asked just the right person :)

For all pistols, a maple leaf 6.04 crazy jet will lower the fps by about 20-30 fps. Perfect for if you want a quick fps drop for site limits.

As for pistols, stock WE glocks are site legal with co2 mags, but with 0.2g. You need a maple leaf barrel/hop chamber for 0.25g. My PERFECT, IMMACULATE AND IMPECCABLE G35 is around 300-310 fps with 0.25gs with a 6.04 maple leaf and chamber. Though, it will probably be, lower with a g17 or g18 length gun. Not to mention, the WE g18c can last 4-5+ mags with consistent fps on a single cartridge. G17 isn't as great on efficiency, but still good enough (3 mags, sometimes can clear 4th).

Secutor rudis co2 1911s are also reliable and site legal stock. They even supply you with a lower powered nozzle, so it's guaranteed legal. My current one has a 6.01 (yes 6.01) crazy jet and is shooting around 310-280 fps with a 0.25g. They're literally the same as kjw kp07s, but waaayy better looking. I've done extensive testing on these pistols and... they're ok at best. For the average person, they're super reliable. But for me, they're gas hogs no matter what you do. The fps consistency also isn't great either; the fps drops ridiculously fast. They can reliably clear 2 mags off one co2 cartridge, but the third one is a hit or miss depending on temperature. I even fitted one with a lightweight BBU. But sadly, it does not do that much better, even when short stroked. It's just down to the fundamental design: long travel and reset, long nozzle, and heavy slide. In the freezing cold, they can't clear a mag. My glock still spits out around 3 mags. 

Other than those, I can't really recommend anything else atm. Everything else is mediocre/sub par/terrible; there aren't enough good co2 pistols. Though, I'm still looking out for the sig m17 p320 co2 pistol which a potential performer. Another potential option is the we m&p with co2 mags. But, those don't have the same support as glocks do... so, I have avoided them for now.

So, glock or 1911. Pick your poison >:) I will be field testing my modded secutor rudis tomorrow. I can give you my report then. This test will determine whether I keep it or not.

WE glock of choice + co2 mags = problem solved 

well, at least u til the mags shit themselves, but I’m going to test some other brands next month after recommendations received recently 

I've got an old GBB Umarex Beretta it's a Mod 96A1.

Runs standard C02 bulbs and always shoots at 0.9J on 0.25's just under 300fps. I've run it for years and it's never let me down.

I'm not even sure if they still make them, I think mine was about £45 with 2 mags.

Just done some digging on the serial numbers, it's a re-branded KJWORKS  (KJW) pistol.  They seem to have a few in the range in the UK that are both CO2 and site legal.

I have a kjw co2 g17 that fires 320fps on 0.2 stock.  Not as accurate as my tm sig.  But as a close range fall back its good.  

Being a glock should make upgrades easy id expect

Ok, field report with the secutor rudis:

Out of the 3 guns I brought with me (mdt lss, g35, and rudis), the rudis was the last gun standing. 

I bored of sniping since the kiddies today wouldn't take their hits at 70m. My g35 outer barrel broke. In addition, I fell in a huge puddle of mud... with my g35... and it just stopped working all together from the gunk. All this happened before lunch.

The rudis. God dammit. The efficiency was garbage as predicted. It did get quite cold and humid, and the gun couldn't finish a full mag on one co2 cartridge. But, it shot. It shot when I needed it to. I went "pistol only" for the rest of the day and god damn, it was the most fun i've had in a while. I also lost the front sight somehow LMAO. Gonna need to buy a replacement.

So, rudis. Shit efficiency for a co2 pistol. But, still shot better in the cold than the majority of the green gas pistols I saw. Loud af. Like seriously, loud AF. The gun is reliable, though. It never failed to shoot when I needed it the most.

Does that mean I will keep it? NO LMAO. Met a guy who wanted it really badly. DONE DEAL XD

My WE M9A1 is still reliable after 2 years and shoots at 280fps

My KJWorks KP09 is my main secondary because its more accurate and consistent and shoots 347fps (exact same on 3 shots) with a new co2.

Both last for quite a few magazine loads.

Quite a few CO2 pistols under 350fps, though can creep up on a hot summers day. I have a few, but I'd really recommend the ASG XP18 personally. Its basically a Glock 17 with a different name, fits the G series holsters etc too. Great little CO2 pistol sold for about £99 in most places. Found it to be a great little sidearm.

Archived