New player eye/facepro question

Rasputin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Morning All

I have purchased some ESS V12s and a One Tigris lower face mask (http://amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B078N7F7DS/) - both well reviewed etc. so was happy with getting both of these.

Now the issue I have with them is that I put on the goggles first and get those comfortable, then put on the mask but the mask seems to be pushing the goggles up my face and leaving a gaping hole at the top of my nose that a BB could feasibly find its way into. I've had a crack at reshaping the mask but with limited success - it doesn't seem to be possible to bend it vertically so that it bends more to the shape of my nose and closes the gap at the top of my nose.

Any advice for this sort of issue? Do some goggle/mask combos just not work together? I have started to think that if I had larger goggles more akin to ski goggles they would go further down my face and have more coverage on the nose area?

I did a bit of digging on this forum and found this thread - in the second to last picture you can see the sort of gap I am talking about. Is this normal?

_

there is a knack to reshaping them, hard to describe though. You can also fix the mask to the goggles through the vents with mini cable ties which makes it not push on the goggle and close the gap once adequately shaped.

A bb can and will get through that gap in the top of the nose as it did to me a couple years ago. Lower profile goggles should fit the mask better, also try bending the mask on the sides (hard to describe, the cheek pieces) inwards which seemed to have fix the gap for me. You could try sticking something in the nose bit to close the gap also, or wear a hat or something that stops the goggles being pushed up your face. 

eye_shot.png

2 hours ago, heroshark said:

there is a knack to reshaping them, hard to describe though. You can also fix the mask to the goggles through the vents with mini cable ties which makes it not push on the goggle and close the gap once adequately shaped.

So would reshaping them to get a good fit require them to be cut do you think? I can’t really envision how that gap at the top of the nose can be covered by them. If I could get that gap covered I would maybe have a crack at cable tying them together.

26 minutes ago, Lasbrisas17 said:

A bb can and will get through that gap in the top of the nose as it did to me a couple years ago. Lower profile goggles should fit the mask better, also try bending the mask on the sides (hard to describe, the cheek pieces) inwards which seemed to have fix the gap for me. You could try sticking something in the nose bit to close the gap also, or wear a hat or something that stops the goggles being pushed up your face. 

eye_shot.png

Crikey that looks nasty.

Are V12s not already quite low profile? I thought they were quite small. Not sure how I could bend the cheek pieces really as they are more of a loose fabric type material.

Do you use V12s?

10 hours ago, heroshark said:

Can often be done without cutting

Are there times when it just can’t be done and the goggle/mask combo won’t fit? I’m just trying to gauge whether I need to get another mask or another set of goggles.

If you like the goggles stick with them. Not that I'm touting for business I'd happily show the process but I would need both elements to show.  By which time I might as well have done it myself. A different mask probably wouldn't help as all china masks are akin in size and shape.

I know not ess, but here's a China mesh modded and mounted to a different goggle with a deep sharp nose contour.

• Moderators

ive a similar mask, got it back in 2015, it takes a bit of shaping to fit with my goggles but ive not had any issues with my ESS or Revision sets (V12s, turbo fans, locusts and bullet ants) and do this most games

my brother tends to pull his tight to his face and bend so in front of his nupol mesh goggles....mine kind works so its also just in front of the goggle / nose bridge

37 minutes ago, djben9 said:

ive a similar mask, got it back in 2015, it takes a bit of shaping to fit with my goggles but ive not had any issues with my ESS or Revision sets (V12s, turbo fans, locusts and bullet ants) and do this most games

my brother tends to pull his tight to his face and bend so in front of his nupol mesh goggles....mine kind works so its also just in front of the goggle / nose bridge

So do you not have the gap at the top of your nose? I've been putting the mask on after the goggles and the only time I can cover the gap is when it is also pushing the goggles up and making them uncomfortable. I can see why folk go for Dye masks!

• Moderators

Sounds like you need to pull the cheek bits forward...?

my mask is from 2015 so they may have changed them slightly. Goggles  on, mask pulled up and adjusted so sits over/ in front of goggle... hard to explain, if any gap it will involve a shot from directly above but my eyes are sealed from goggles, and that’s more important 

if if I get time I’ll try on and get a better method 

Archived