Newbie in Beverley, East Yorks.

Stevo4345
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Now then all,

Have been target shooting in the garden with my son for a while with a variety cheap spring guns, though was frustrated with the completely random shot paths/double shots/jams, get what you pay for I guess. Decided to invest in some better equipment and have a Specna Arms Edge SA-E04 carbine on the way. 

Figured I may as well put the new gear to use and look into skirmishing, figure it may be something my Son and I can do together down the line. He's 12 now but hides it well!

Been having a look through the new player guides and what not, some great information on the site, just wondering if anyone had any info on age limits for airsoft, is it site specific? 

If anyone has any recommendations on airsoft sites in East Yorkshire I'd be glad to hear them.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Regarding ages, it will be site specific so you just need to check before attending. At 12 I would expect them to require adult supervision, not a problem because you will both be playing on site together.

Had a look at Humber Airsoft which isn't far from me and it looks like he's old enough. Never have been one of those parents to just 'drop them off' in any activity, at least doing this I won't just be standing around the sideline in the pouring rain while he gets all the fun.

Would I be right in thinking that at most sites a skirmish day has a set start time you have to be present for? Seems like you have to be there for the off, safety briefing etc. etc. Wondering if people can 'drop in' to a skirmish day after the start time and get a separate briefing then join in, or if it's closed doors if you're not there from the start?

Week-ends are a bit busy with all his other sports, Sunday afternoons are free but if it isn't possible to drop in to an ongoing event it'll leave me scratching my head.

Depends on the site, but for the most part you will need to be there for the morning check in and brief, its also when the guns are chronoed. Its an all day thing really, but check with the site first, you never know.

Archived