Bombproof Tracer unit?

Asomodai
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello Gents. 

After a number of evening and night skirmishes pratting around with my knackered B&T tracer unit. I have decided to look for a new one. 

So I am looking for the following in a tracer: 

Something under £80

Takes standard batteries

Not heavy but solidly made that can take punishment. 

Not massive

Easy to operate "on" button. 

Aggressive looks a bonus

Suggestions please? :)

The Acetech tracers are SOO much better than the B&T ones, its in the budget, pretty sturdy although I haven't bashed it about but have used it at the Mall for months and I was always banging into walls and caching the gun on things, pretty slick looking (a lot smaller and more slimline than the B&T) has an on button and flashes to let you know etc.

However, you charge it via USB (lasts a long bloody time though) never had it run out as long as it was charged up before a game.

Not very aggressive! BUT you may be able to fit it inside a silencer and paint teeth on it or something :D  

I'm currently running the Acetech lighter S and I can confirm that it is bomb proof because i dropped it out my bedroom window on to concrete and it is fine. And if you are looking for light you literally cant get smaller. also you can get them off amazon for £40 so that a bonus

Hope this helps 

50 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

what about a hop-up tracer? then you can run whatever muzzle device you like

Its to be used on multiple guns. I have a built in one on my MP5 which is pretty nice. 

53 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

The Acetech tracers are SOO much better than the B&T ones, its in the budget, pretty sturdy although I haven't bashed it about but have used it at the Mall for months and I was always banging into walls and caching the gun on things, pretty slick looking (a lot smaller and more slimline than the B&T) has an on button and flashes to let you know etc.

However, you charge it via USB (lasts a long bloody time though) never had it run out as long as it was charged up before a game.

Not very aggressive! BUT you may be able to fit it inside a silencer and paint teeth on it or something :D  

Needs to be batteries I am afraid. Its not a capacity thing, but more for when the original battery dies in a few years. 

I don't own one.

But I was to buy a tracer it would probably be the Xcoretech X3300W. 

Reason been it's got the chrono built in as well. 

There a little out of budget at £105.

The unit is quite interesting. You get a tracer, Control box and a fire control unit.

The tracer can be used by itself, Or with the control box as a chrono, and shot counter.

The FCU can stop the gun shooting, So with all 3 working together, you can set it with a count down on shots. You can program it to match your mags. So if you run 140rnd mid caps, set the unit to 130, and never dry fire again. When you mag swap the round button will reset the clock.

It also has a controllable burst mode when you use all 3 modules. 2-10rnd.

The only thing that lets it down is the FCU doesn't play nice with mosfets.

All 3 units are wireless as well. So you can have the PEQ box in a pocket, and there are no trailing wires on the gun.

16 hours ago, Iceni said:

I don't own one.

But I was to buy a tracer it would probably be the Xcoretech X3300W. 

Reason been it's got the chrono built in as well. 

There a little out of budget at £105.

The unit is quite interesting. You get a tracer, Control box and a fire control unit.

The tracer can be used by itself, Or with the control box as a chrono, and shot counter.

The FCU can stop the gun shooting, So with all 3 working together, you can set it with a count down on shots. You can program it to match your mags. So if you run 140rnd mid caps, set the unit to 130, and never dry fire again. When you mag swap the round button will reset the clock.

It also has a controllable burst mode when you use all 3 modules. 2-10rnd.

The only thing that lets it down is the FCU doesn't play nice with mosfets.

All 3 units are wireless as well. So you can have the PEQ box in a pocket, and there are no trailing wires on the gun.

I almost bought one of these, have absolutely NO need for it but thought it looked flashy and was on offer. 

Im kind of glad I didnt, as it would have been mostly pointless.

And I am sure you would get a few years out of the Acetech ones, Unless you used it weekly and always played in the dark I would fully expect it to last a good while!!

11 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

I almost bought one of these, have absolutely NO need for it but thought it looked flashy and was on offer. 

Im kind of glad I didnt, as it would have been mostly pointless.

I thought that when I first saw the unit. Then I looked at stand alone tracer prices.

For the £100 you get a tracer that can function by itself. And it's a good tracer unit. That's a £60 part. You can always re-sleeve the tracer in another suppressor if you want a different look.

Add in the chrono and you're looking at the price of the whole unit. Add in the fact the chrono is a real-time always on chrono. So you can watch your gun more closely in game, and use it as a tool to watch fps deviation without the hassle of having to set up on a range.

The FCU is just a toy at this point, but it could hold some real value as a drop in unit for new guns that you haven't got round to rewiring. Or as a drop in unit for milsim where you can set a real steel mag capacity, And have a shot counter for the whole session if you are playing with ammo limits. You also get the burst mode for ammo saving. If it offers even partial contact protection then it's a very decent bundle.

It's also got the low battery warning for your lipo's.

As such I think it's a decent well thought out system, That can offer some real benefits that other units simply can't compete with. I'd pay good money for just the chrono when I have problem guns. Even if the chrono reads a little high or low, Provided it's consistent you can always reference it against the site chrono, Then watch your shots, shot to shot as you play.

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Iceni said:

I thought that when I first saw the unit. Then I looked at stand alone tracer prices.

For the £100 you get a tracer that can function by itself. And it's a good tracer unit. That's a £60 part. You can always re-sleeve the tracer in another suppressor if you want a different look.

Add in the chrono and you're looking at the price of the whole unit. Add in the fact the chrono is a real-time always on chrono. So you can watch your gun more closely in game, and use it as a tool to watch fps deviation without the hassle of having to set up on a range.

The FCU is just a toy at this point, but it could hold some real value as a drop in unit for new guns that you haven't got round to rewiring. Or as a drop in unit for milsim where you can set a real steel mag capacity, And have a shot counter for the whole session if you are playing with ammo limits. You also get the burst mode for ammo saving. If it offers even partial contact protection then it's a very decent bundle.

It's also got the low battery warning for your lipo's.

As such I think it's a decent well thought out system, That can offer some real benefits that other units simply can't compete with. I'd pay good money for just the chrono when I have problem guns. Even if the chrono reads a little high or low, Provided it's consistent you can always reference it against the site chrono, Then watch your shots, shot to shot as you play.

I used to like them and think they are a great idea but wouldn't recommend them now.

The fcu does not give any contact protection as it is just an inline plug in unit.

The chrono is very accurate it's deviation to my skan is less than 1%.

Problem is the build quality, the tracer end caps get shot off easily and the peq style control unit is easily damaged by bbs. 

Acetech are doing their own version and hopefully it will be more robust.

Archived