Transporting a NON-RIF on public transport?

paradoxum
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

By public transport do you mean a bus?  If so, be aware that some bus companies will not take weapons of any kind, even if in a covered gun bag or case. Best to disguise it completely if this is your means of transport, rather than get refused or chucked off.

I'd get a multi racket tennis bag with big, colourful 'Wilson' or 'Head' branding if I needed to take a load of gear on public transport.  Hide it in plain sight.

• Supporters

Used one of these for ages .👍

8EB420D1-F2C8-40C1-AABC-E0BBC9D64255.jpeg

On 18/05/2019 at 20:52, Druid799 said:

Used one of these for ages .👍

8EB420D1-F2C8-40C1-AABC-E0BBC9D64255.jpeg

Have to admit that this looks very tempting.  I have a suspicion that if I put all my gear in one bag then I'll never be able to pick the damn thing up though!!

7 hours ago, Philby21 said:

Have to admit that this looks very tempting.  I have a suspicion that if I put all my gear in one back then I'll never be able to pick the damn thing up though!!

Wheeled bag, just hold one end and pull

If however you cannot lift up your gear bag then you really are taking too much kit

As you’re limited to public transport at the moment is very much worth having a good look at how much you are taking to a game day

It all very nice to have all the kit and look the part in a way that you enjoy playing, but if its impacting on your ability to play with the amount of equipment that you are carrying,

could affect the way people react to you when travelling etc then it’s worth holding back a bit

Look at your gear and assess how much each item contributes to your game.

Clearly you’re going to need some clothes, footwear, eye protection, gun, magazines,

BBs and battery’s / propellant

Remember that you may want travel clothes ( due to public transport, generally not looking like a killing machine when traveling  but also just for something fresh to go home in)

But - how important is a helmet, body armour/vest and multiple layers of lookalike outfit ?

Filming your gameplay can be fun and informative (look back on how you play - then learn). But it does not have to be on a helmet mount etc

You would want a carry system for magazines, but consider if what you have is too bulky or heavy

3 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

Wheeled bag, just hold one end and pull

If however you cannot lift up your gear bag then you really are taking too much kit

Wheels are great but don't exactly help with the stairs down to my driveway! 😁

I probably am guilty of taking too much kit but then I'm the guy who always has a spare RIF in his car (and mags, mid or high) ready to loan out to trusted players who have issues with their's.

10 minutes ago, Philby21 said:

Wheels are great but don't exactly help with the stairs down to my driveway! 😁

I probably am guilty of taking too much kit but then I'm the guy who always has a spare RIF in his car (and mags, mid or high) ready to loan out to trusted players who have issues with their's.

I mixed up with the OP a bit, Im also one that’s inclined to load up with extra gear for others (and also a selection to change according to mood for first game, 2nd game ...)

But I’ll still say “do as I say, not as I do”

I’ve been reassessing sets of equipment, for whether I’m marshalling, photographing, playing,  and what type of game etc, complete with extra safety gear for a body that’s falling apart.  At least that way when taking extra it can be a grab of this, that and the other bag whilst knowing each will be complete for its purpose 

Pretty much the same way myself, currently working towards a much lighter loadout too, either belt mounted or might splash out on a Warrior Falcon rig to just run mags and maybe a pouch for snacks/pyro.  Each gun bag/case has everything in it for that particular gun apart from batteries and I can just throw them in.

And I know what you mean about "a body that's falling apart", currently laid up recovering from sciatica - maybe we need a thread for the geriatrics?? 🤣

• Supporters
On 19/05/2019 at 22:42, Philby21 said:

currently laid up recovering from sciatica

Isn't that what Jean-Claude Juncker suffers from when he's staggering around getting all handsy?

fo9RDR5yRPysN9sUwkgjuA_375x500.jpg

Archived