Tm p226 query

ProPain87
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I brought a tm p226r last weekend and used it yesterday fresh out the box. I was having issues with the slide sticking, I’d forgot my silicon oil so couldn’t sort it yesterday. I’ve got it out today and took the slide off. It was all pretty dry so I’ve lubed it up, but noticed there was some really rough areas on the metal above the trigger (see pictures) and wondered if it was normal or if should I file them down. 

1DD4056A-28C7-4423-8B3C-EBCB7E0FD9D2.jpeg

49A98099-233A-43FB-A40C-3E8E4B6B5D75.jpeg

C0B03DB1-F514-4DB7-A7CB-3FF4886F93DF.jpeg

429BA2CF-5A7C-452D-AC0F-C89FC70618E4.jpeg

So just looked at my glock and that is really smooth on them parts, so I think I’m going to file it down a touch to get it smooth, a bit disappointed with the tm quality everyone raves about 

I'm pretty sure that area makes little if any contact to the slide or elements in the slide.

37 minutes ago, heroshark said:

I'm pretty sure that area makes little if any contact to the slide or elements in the slide.

Im not at home so can’t take any pictures but I’ll stick a couple on later see what you think, if they don’t make contact then I’ll leave it as it is, I was just a bit worried it would damage the parts in the slide 

Archived