Recommend me a gbbr

TheBigBoss
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, been looking for a few weeks now for a new gun to start playing again, was looking at the Specna Arms Sa E11, but can't find any in stock, as the mosfet and trigger system appeal to me aswell as the internals and QCS system, but I'll be honest I really prefer gas and have plenty of propane for free so running costs won't be a problem there, I prefer the noise and realism also. So I'm looking for a good 416 gbb rifle to buy my budget is around 300 to 400, not too fussed on finish but must have readily available replacement parts and magazines etc

Looking forward to your recommendations 

Thanks 

Or I could settle for a nice MP7 and buy a AEG for the cold times 

What you want is a TM MWS system rifle, but they don’t make a 416 variant yet.

There is no “good” and “cheap” in gbb, sorry

Have you owned anything gbb, like a pistol?

Realism is great, BUT you need to be able to do your own maintenance and repairs (they always break) or it will cost you an album full in servicing.

Are we talking new or used? You’ll pick up a used WE in your price range, maybe a VFC and probably a TM. You know mags are goi g to cost you £40ish each, and you’ll be restricted to low cap?

There you go then, have a Google, find something in budget

Personally, I like TM, AW, KWA and at a push WE, but you’ll find the same number of opinions as you do rifles 🤷🏼‍♂️

If you can afford the mws (and a couple of mags) get that as it’s currently the best gbbr available. Cheap end of the spectrum, buy a WE g36c with mags. There’s usually bundle deals for sale on here. Leave £50 of your budget to buy an RA tech barrel and a modify tan bucking for it and you’ll have a real performer with a handful of mags for sub £400

My brother has a VFC 416 gbbr with 4-5 mags (I forget how many) that he's selling. Message me and I will pass on his details.

GHK for AKs if that takes your fancy

Nobody mentioned the GHK G5 yet? 

Not a 416 but is good in between size wise of MP7 and 416.

I've got one with the Carbine extension kit. Good out the box, relatively cheap considering other GBBRs.

Just got to look into issues with the lower receivers and take mitigating action I.e epoxy mod, beavertail pistol grip etc. Even on Gen 2s

Theres a few package deals across the forums at the minute.

I’ve never understood people’s obsession with the g5. I don’t want anything when everyone’s first advice with it is drown it in epoxy so it doesn’t snap in half. 

9 hours ago, Wo1f said:

I’ve never understood people’s obsession with the g5. I don’t want anything when everyone’s first advice with it is drown it in epoxy so it doesn’t snap in half. 

This is true .

But then for a very inexpensive and simple mod and even then a relatively cheap repair if it does break you're still getting a very good RIF for 60% of the price of an MWS.

I used to have a WE scar that I got second hand for £250 with mags, but being a second hand gbb the bolt eventualty fell apart, I ended up repairing it and selling it on as at the time I couldn't afford to run it.

However I missed the fun of gbbrs so I picked up a WE 416c (new this time) for £350 had it out for 3 games so far and have been loving it, I feel like most of my collection might now get so much use now. 

My one hate of the WE M4 disine is how the hop up is adjusted, it a gient pain in the arse, a tiny grub screw that needs and Allan key in the chamber that you can turn less that a 1/4 of the way round in one go, it just easier to take the rail system, outer barrel and then inner barrel and hop unit out of adjust it. 

1 hour ago, TheBigBoss said:

I'm trying to get my hands on a 416, just a quick question, would the VFC 416 be more reliable and better all round than a WE 416?

Externally it’s definitely better, internally, maybe 🤷🏼‍♂️

On 15/05/2019 at 22:25, TheBigBoss said:

I'm trying to get my hands on a 416, just a quick question, would the VFC 416 be more reliable and better all round than a WE 416?

The finish on the WE defiantly leave something to be disiered, mine has quite a lock of wear marks on the magwell when it has been rubbing on my metal belt buckle. I would imagine the the VFC has better externals and the H&K markings if thats something that you care about.

I've not seen much about the VFC internals. As for the WE, mines been performing grate, although I have put a maple leaf bucking and crazy jet barrel and running it on CO2 with 0.3g, getting ~1.4J (315-325Fps) so I've had to semi lock it. The stock WE internals will last a while as long as you do the regular clean & re-lube after every game, and when they do brake there are stock & upgrade replacements readily available.

Archived