Nuprol/LCT Partnership

clumpyedge
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

They have the deal with E&L as well.  But yet I am still not seeing an increase in E&Ls in UK stores.  Who do they actually supply?

I was thinking the same thing...all these partnerships..but nothing to buy!  Wouldn't mind a E&L AK at some point. :)

3 minutes ago, Monkman said:

I was thinking the same thing...all these partnerships..but nothing to buy!  Wouldn't mind a E&L AK at some point. :)

Gunfire have a decent stock atm prices arent too bad either.  For AKs in the UK Fire Support do some really good prices on LCTs

I suppose it is a niche gun that probably doesn't command the same level of demand as say yet another TM Recoil would.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/05/2019 at 23:24, EvilMonkee said:

Gunfire have a decent stock atm prices arent too bad either.  For AKs in the UK Fire Support do some really good prices on LCTs

second this, just got an LCT RPK off firesupport for not much more than a cyma would have cost me

• 5 months later...

A lot of the old stock of LCT AKs at Fire Support has now gone.

Some new stock has arrived, but at new prices. I think my TX-s74UN cost me £249 last year. New ones are £309.

This may be solely due to the weakness of the pound.

Don't know if it has anything to do with Nuprol's alleged involvement.

Perhaps it is just coincidence but since Nuprol took over stock availability for LCT in the UK has been significantly worse than before and, as highlighted emilia, the prices have risen sharply.

I wouldn't mind so much if Nuprol had really improved availability and injected more competition into the market but unfortunately this isn't the case.

29 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

Perhaps it is just coincidence but since Nuprol took over stock availability for LCT in the UK has been significantly worse than before

The stock availability has been a problem for months if not a year or two now - it was impossible to find LCT AKS-74Us in the UK from mid-2018, IIRC. I think that problem probably predates this partnership - maybe it happened when the relationship with the previous distributor broke down?

As you say the price increase is a real kick in the teeth. FireSupport had some LCTs almost as cheap as Evike. A few years ago I bought a 'Forecore' (E&L) AKS-74U on sale from Gunfire for £150. IIRC these days they’re double that, if not more.

I paid about £239 for each of my two LCT AKs from Fire Support  in spring 2018. I must admit I thought they were underpriced so I am not surprised the price has gone up. It was mainly because of the low price  that I bought two.

Now that the prices have gone up Fire Support still seems to have the best offers. The price there for new stock of one of my models  is £309. 

Quite a big jump it is true, but In view of what other retailers are charging, Fire Support's price seems reasonable. This shop tends to be my go to place. The service is very good and if they have it in stock, I buy from them. 

Another UK retailer is selling the same LCT for £349. 

That's a very big jump in price after just over a year.  

Glad I bought when I did.

@PureSilver - As far as availability goes I saw them being restocked through Fire-Support on average every 3 - 6 months depending on stock levels up until a month or so before the Nuprol news broke.

The price side of things is a fair observation. The quality (admittedly their QC has dipped recently) out shines the other AK's on the market and as Emilia noted, Fire-Support are being somewhat more reasonable in comparison to certain retailers which shall remain nameless.

Admittedly it's not outside the realm of possibility to attribute some of the increase in price to instability within the economy as opposed to purely blaming Nuprol but the timing is somewhat coincidental. To be honest the price increase would bother me a whole lot less if there were signs of stock availability improving significantly. Admittedly one unknown aspect of this will relate to retailers and the orders they are placing.

Fuck nuprol. Been waiting on the A&k gbbr m249 for years. Their last FB post was a partnership with nuprol in February and everything has been dead in the water since. 

2 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

@PureSilver - As far as availability goes I saw them being restocked through Fire-Support on average every 3 - 6 months depending on stock levels up until a month or so before the Nuprol news broke.

The price side of things is a fair observation. The quality (admittedly their QC has dipped recently) out shines the other AK's on the market and as Emilia noted, Fire-Support are being somewhat more reasonable in comparison to certain retailers which shall remain nameless.

Admittedly it's not outside the realm of possibility to attribute some of the increase in price to instability within the economy as opposed to purely blaming Nuprol but the timing is somewhat coincidental. To be honest the price increase would bother me a whole lot less if there were signs of stock availability improving significantly. Admittedly one unknown aspect of this will relate to retailers and the orders they are placing.

Yes, I noticed that too.

Fire Support were able to get hold of plenty of LCTs, and their prices were very good. The shop has had a big turnover of LCT products in the past.

Who owns Nuprol?  Is it a Chinese company , British, American or European?. Does it actually make the things that carry its label?

5 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Who owns Nuprol?  Is it a Chinese company , British, American or European?. Does it actually make the things that carry its label?

As I understand it, Nuprol started out as a subsidiary of WE/WE Europe but my memory's hazy. There was a thread about it on ArniesAirsoft years ago which I haven't been able to find. Not sure if they're affiliated anymore but the branding I remember from Nuprol is roughly in line with WE still at least.

• Supporters
6 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Thanks.

I just wondered where they hail from.

Most people know that  Cybergun is a French company, ASG Danish and Umarex  German. 

What about Nuprol?

UK based, I used to have mutual friends with a few of the guys who worked for both Nuprol/WE Europe, which both seem are effectively one company. WE Europe was the original name, now changed to Nuprol

Screenshot_20191120-072357_Chrome.jpg

Nuprol as stated above was We Airsoft Europe before when they were distributing WE, before that they were called Target One and they mostly did budget archery and air rifle stuff etc .

Pricing across the board has changed as the exchange rates have changed a lot in the last couple of years.

That said it seems to be no accident that Nuprol get E&L and LCT and the availability goes down and prices rise above expected increases on products that compete with Nuprol's own Romeo/ak series.

Much the same way that happened with G&G when the Nuprol delta series came out and WE did when the Ravens came out 

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, 1st commando said:

That said it seems to be no accident that Nuprol get E&L and LCT and the availability goes down and prices rise above expected increases on products that compete with Nuprol's own Romeo/ak series.

Not sure I'd describe a nuprol versus e&l/lct ak as "competing"

Archived