Which of these two assault vests would you go for?

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well the 5.11 has more molle, better ventilation but the bit that screams out the most on the other one it says one size fits all(we all know how true that is) while the 5.11 has different sizes so would go for that one too. 

• Supporters

5.11 hands down ! As to the other one , there’s very little mesh in it and if you look closely you’ll see it hasn’t got webbing molle straps it’s got folded and stitched cordura straps which weigh 3 if not 4 times as much as 1inch webbing per length so it’s going to be hot and heavy before you even start putting pouches on it ! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

So, I have a brick and mortar 5.11 outlet about 30min from my apartment. I would personally not buy any of their load bearing equipment with the exception of pouches (their Taco mag pouch knockoffs are incredibly good). Trying them on and handling them left me very unimpressed. If you absolutely need a full vest, I would look at an Osprey, which I would imagine is easier for you to get a hold of, or some of the BAE/SDS RBAV variants. Crye’s Airlite series is also wonderful, and affordably priced at $120-ish last I checked, and as the name would imply, incredibly light.

Get a Crye JPC from eBay - they are around £160 these days.

• Supporters

😛Take no notice of the bunch of Walt's above me 🙄, just find yourself something made by Warrior Assault Systems, for the money they're the dogs wotsits, & highly unlikely to ever let you down.

if it's a zip up "waistcoat" type vest your after, search "warrior tmv", not sure if still in production but I've owned 2 & they were awesome.

• Moderators
On 26/05/2019 at 15:03, Tackle said:

😛Take no notice of the bunch of Walt's above me 🙄, just find yourself something made by Warrior Assault Systems, for the money they're the dogs wotsits, & highly unlikely to ever let you down.

if it's a zip up "waistcoat" type vest your after, search "warrior tmv", not sure if still in production but I've owned 2 & they were awesome.

;)

https://www.uktactical.com/p-4701-warrior-tmv-delta-in-tan.aspx

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, djben9 said:

lol, what did you expect from me, I'm an IT illiterate monkey 🙈, just about manage to log in, not sure what camo the OP wants, I've only seen these in the tan you've shown, & the OD I owned ?

• Moderators

could always spray it a bit with some colours....make his own camo :)

Archived