DIY ghillie suit

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Starting to make a ghillie suit, though not for camouflage in the usual sense, (I like outrageous costumes) making one in a colour scheme involving pinks, white, and others that may go with it, have read the forums, but bit stuck.

Pink jute twine is difficult to get hold of, as is white (can't dye anything) so, what other materials might be suitable, I've tossed around the idea of cotton yarn and waterproofing it, pros been it comes in a wide variety of colours and thicknesses. Also potentially do a more killer kamo style suit so fabrics, images for reference

TL: DR what fabrics or string type is suitable for a ghillie without burlap/twine

s-l400.jpg

5-Piece-ACU-Standing__75967.1507127311.1280.1280.jpg

• Supporters

😳

I have a friend who used tinsel for a ghillie, but that is more of a themed, festive idea...

3 hours ago, Impulse said:

I have a friend who used tinsel for a ghillie, but that is more of a themed, festive idea...

that sounds amazing, I imagine it didn't last very long

On 10/05/2019 at 10:39, K-Pop_Fan_4Life said:

that sounds amazing, I imagine it didn't last very long

It lasted for the Christmas game day, but yeah... Not the most durable unfortunately.

Fortunately, tinsel costs next to nothing!

Archived